Reiza17 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by xnorb, Jun 22, 2016.

1. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My wish is that they would just ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY!!!

Gimme a screenshot, promo, anything! I need this game. :-/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well…
    Not sure why so many people want to forget AMS so quickly and move along? It is just about to be finished and you're already not enjoying it anymore?? :eek:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS will never be finished in a (for me) satisfying way, to much features are missing or malfunctioning.
    AMS is the experimenting garden for the real (upcoming) game, i hope

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

But what are decent alternatives nowadays?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

in my case its VR
    cant wait to taste super trucks in vr ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. wowbagger

wowbagger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There were so many frequent updates to the game prior to 1.5 that I haven't really touched it in 6 months. I like to mod/filter my game content quite a bit and each update meant some work to incorporate the changes (also just a lack of gaming time).

I am champing at the bit for the latest beta AI to make it into release so I can get on with some proper 90's championships. So for me it's just getting started.

Please, take your time with Reiza 21 :D.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. GodzillaGTR

I play it every day. It's not about forgetting it, but this title was always just supposed to be a stopgap. It is an amazing title, but I would really like it if there were more people playing it. I'm on PST time and weeknights are a ghosttown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

How about Reiza 2020 VR? Seems like a nice title to me.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

VReiza
    or Vroom-Reiza (mix of vroom vroom sound and VR from capital letters)
    but my favorite is ReizaX or CarBonanza

• Like Like x 1
  10. taylajee

taylajee Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly! It is just starting and will be going on for years to come, until Reiza## reach the final complete form as AMS now. Not saying I'm not buying early, quite the opposite. I will assign some time for beta testing, helping, discussing, or whatever needed for the next title. But I will be rocking championships one after the other in the beloved AMS.

11. SaxOhare

Yep, that is why i had great hopes for AMS, it started promising, great engine great content and some nice online and hotlap racing,
    But nearing the end of the development, my hope is gone, the great engine and content still remains and as long as i don't need the disk space I'll use it for time trial (even only 14 persons drove all 56 cars in time trial)

12. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really enjoy AMS, because it has one of the best and intuitive FFB and car handling.
    But as others have already said .... i can't wait to drive it in VR. And because AMS won't have VR Support, my full hopes are on the AMS successor. Therefore i'm waiting for any news about it, even if i still enjoy AMS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GodzillaGTR

You can use Tridef or another program to play AMS in VR

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. SaxOhare

That's why it was very annoying, two years of following a game in development, not fixing but removing and changing things i liked.
    I deleted AMS today (doing some discussions clears the mind) , and I gonna buy AMS 2 when it is finished, and not in the alpha state AMS was in.
    So i'll have to wait a while, AMS has a great physics engine and content, that's why i hope AMS 2 will be released soon, perhaps it is the game I hoped AMS would be.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. nate

nate New Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza is basically the poster-child for feature creep and content scope creep.

GSCE was a fairly focused product based on Brazilian racing. Back in summer 2015 when Reiza did the crowdfunding campaign, they were ambitious and planned to add much new stuff to the game... which would keep development going.

In the nearly 3 yrs sense then though... we have seen far more added that was beyond the scope of the campaign, which is keeping development going on the current product. This isnt inherently a problem when the features are well fleshed out, and content properly expanded. However, this isnt what has happened here. Drifting, Ice racing, Snow racing. Rally, etc, etc, etc, are all things that are half baked and just tossed in. 1 or 2 cars with 1 or 2 tracks does not make for a well fleshed out feature.

And that's where the point of feature creep comes in. In the recent 3 yrs of development of just making a bunch of unique stuff, none of it really fits together well, and AMS has really turned into a "jack of all trades, master of none" game.

AMS is pretty dated now, and many things are physically not possible or worth development time on a game in it's final days. Graphics, VR, further big physics improvements, etc. are all things that are delayed well off into the future... which is pushed back further since development of AMS is persisting for so long.

Back in Summer 2015, "Reiza 16" was the early shared name of the next gen Reiza game... and now we are lucky if it comes along by winter 2018.

I backed the crowdfunding campaign back in 2015, and appreciated that GSCE was going to receive everything that was in the campaign. Reiza is a good studio and I want to see them succeed. But beyond that, there comes a point where you need to realize that it might be time to finalize the game, finish what you are working on, and move on. I can understand that AMS has sort of morphed into a testing ground for features and content that may move forward to the next game, but even that has a limit.

AMS has been around for quite a while... since 2011 or so when the original Game Stock Car released, with continual updates since then. Im certainly in the camp that is looking forward to something new :)

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would not expect them to change the way they work, with constant iterations and evolution. It is already pretty clear that the next game will be based on AMS, so you will still be able to complain "it is an old game, still based on their original Game Stock Car"…

I started with Stock car Extreme, that could maybe explained that I'm not bored yet…:p I still remember how AMS felt like a huge step from SCE when I first opened it! And when I look back, it is much nicer than back then! Certainly not perfect, yes. I agree that dirt, ice, supertrucks are "just" side series, and I don't use them so much. But when I run them, they feel nicely done. And I still have way too many car and tracks (including the great add-on tracks from Patrick Girathon) to keep me busy! I have a real driving pleasure each time.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, you have fair points. I was just pointing the (very rough) estimate from Renato to make people aware they will have to wait for a while apparently, so we all need to patient...:)

• Like Like x 3
  17. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I couldn't care less on what engine it's going to be based on. If everything works as expected, I'll be statisfied. What the new game mostly needs is character and get rid of that generic feeling ams has

18. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a big difference between "It only just works in VR" and "Full VR experience".
    AFAIK you don't have positional tracking in AMS with Tridef or Vorpx. And VR with only head rotation (3DOF) isn't really comfortable and increases motion sickness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This feedback is unclear. What does character and generic mean to you?

AMS has plenty of 'character' to me because it is very immersive when driving due to the ffb and physics quality. Many of the cars are generic in the sense that they are not all licensed models but they have character due to their quality. .

20. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I meant exactly that. The feeling of a generic driving simulation against a racing simulation. I know that includes some big and probably hard to get licenses, but instead of that, reiza could cleverly use the community with "unofficial" support for example. Imagine an unofficial 2017 f1 season downloadable as mod but with reiza standards

• Disagree Disagree x 1