Aero Package

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by mkel1966, May 5, 2018.

1. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I raced with Formula V12 and changed my cars' aero package to low downforce. On qualy, I always make AI 1 to 2 seconds faster than me. During the race I can pass by them easy and found out later that their installed aero is standard. When you change your aero package, shouldn't the AI change theirs too?

Edit: (Don't want to make another post) I used to be able to take screenshot during track loading and in UI, now I can't. I can only take them now when I'm in garage and/or driving. Any of you guys had this issue?

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Aero package does not affect the AI. You can however add an entry to the vehicle´s TrackConfigInfo.ini (in Gamedata/Vehicles/F_V12) to define which is the default configuration for a given track (we have that for Hockenheim and Brasilia external for ex.). Keep in mind though these are not optimal for any track other than such tracks with long straights and few corners).

Im not sure but I dont think you can ever capture screens from the UI with the ingame screenshot function, must use some 3rd party app such as FRAPS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can confirm the last point: I've never been able to take screen of the UI without Fraps. I even think I need it for the garage...o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. wowbagger

wowbagger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, completely correct about the UI screenshots.

5. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You're right, no UI screenshot, sorry about that. I checked F_V12's trackconfiginfo and it says "Hockenheimring 1976" instead of 1977. Changed it to 1977 and it's all good. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1