Auto Rotation doesn't work in G29!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Óscar Melero, May 27, 2018.

1. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

I did a fresh install, joined the logitechg29 branch, created a fresh profile, enabled autorotation in the controls menu, and autorotation doesn't work!

When I turn my wheel 180º, the wheel in-game turns 90º !!!

Please help, I don't know what to do!

@Renato Simioni Remember when this worked?

Well, it doesn't work now. I don't know what to do. Every time I format and reinstall Windows, this happens.

G29 branch was created so this doesn't happen. It should work with fresh installs but it doesn't. Am I doing something wrong? Please help...

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  2. Óscar Melero

Anyone...?

3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

How did you solve that the previous times?

4. Óscar Melero

First I deleted the Automobilista folder from My Documents (where the player profiles and all options are stored)
    Then I went to Control Panel and Game Controllers, I set my wheel to be preferred device (although it was already set by Windows as preferred, anyway I selected it again).
    Then I started Automobilista (stable version, in G29 branch). It asked me for the graphic settings, then it loaded the main menu, went to controls menu and it loaded the default controls for G29. And the automatic rotation worked.

That's how I solved it the last time, but now, that won't work. What really bothers me is the fact that it should work after a straight up fresh install and after joining the G29 branch, but it doesn't. I checked the drivers and everything. In fact I reinstalled them and tried again the text in italic above. But nothing, it just won't work.

5. Óscar Melero

Solved it resintalling LGS.

I got a Gamecube controller adapter for PC that was causing the problem. It needs special drivers, but they install overwriting any controller driver. So for instance if I install LGS and then the drivers for my Gamecube adapter, then it will override the LGS installation. The thing is, it doesn't overwrite it completly (other sims work well with autorotation) but it overwrites something needed for AMS's "trick" to do the autorotation setting.

So, now I know that anytime I format my PC I got to install LGS after the drivers for my adapter, so LGS won't get overwritten by anything.

Even installing LGS after the Gamecube controller drivers won't **** up the latter, so my Gamecube controller works perfectly anyways, so there's that.

For short:
    If anyone is in a similar situation, please try to uninstall LGS and reinstall it again (some drivers might overwrite some things in the Logitech drivers).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

@Óscar Melero Glad you sorted it out and many thanks for feedback, wish we could help but didn't have any idea what was the cause.

7. Óscar Melero

The problem was on my end. For short: when you install some other driver for a controller that is going to use the USB ports on your PC (at least it happens with my Gamecube adapter drivers, look up for "Zadig" in Google) the installation of those drivers break something in the LGS drivers that AMS needs to make autorotation work properly in the G29 branch of AMS.

This is the idea I have after reinstalling LGS drivers (same version). I suppose that the LGS reinstallation overwrote some things in the Gamecube adapter, making LGS fully functional again and fully compatible with AMS autorotation function.