1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has the game engine been decided for the next game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GodzillaGTR, Sep 2, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Start building the hype ! Even if it's for 2 yrs from now, get people talking about AMS 2 !

2. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Again, I'm not sure if you guys are listening, but the only omission they made on what engine they were going to use was that they were going to stay with the current engine and carry on developing it. I know its probably not a sexy answer, or what you were looking for, but that was the last thing they said about it...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

They will stay with the current physics engine and they are looking for an engine where they can move current models without much work...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

that's for physics, what people are asking is about the graphics engine

• Like Like x 1
  5. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fine with the current engine / look of the sim right now, all I’m waiting for is VR. Now, start throwing stones at me. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

VR would be fantastic. I obviously stand corrected guys! Like you, I wonder what the graphics engine will be then!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It's great that you are fine with the current look. But everyone else, including Reiza, knows that to implement a decent-looking VR or day/night transitions or dynamic shadows or ten other important graphical things that almost every other modern game has requires a new graphics engine. It just isn't worth trying to patch it in to the current one and guarantee a sub-par result. The new engine people are asking about is the graphics engine. There is no need to change the physics engine. It is already the best available and has been adapted by ISI/S397 into rF2. Reiza has adapted it in some similar and some different ways for AMS. They can continue to build upon it for "AMS2." Graphics cannot be meaningfully improved without switching engines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Super excited about the pic they posted showing what appears to be a new graphics engine. I hope it has VR as well, because this is the main thing they are missing for me. The graphics would certainly improve, but this sim is so good with the exception of VR.

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I have to admit that I spend more time in AC and rF2 due to having the option to use VR despite, AMS being one of my favorite titles for it's driving characteristics and unique content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DaVeX

ReizaStudios tweeted this:
    So I think they have already chosen the game engine and I am sure VR will be there after all the on topic bashing on several forums lol

11. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

reiza polish with rf2 engine...

already best sim...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

That image does look a lot like rF2 !
    As much as i like rF2 ,I hope it isn't !

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bobdihi

bobdihi New Member

People stop being naive. Reiza is not a game developer. Reiza is a modding group
    that got no knowledge, manpower nor finance to develop new game. All they did to rfactor engine is fiddled with physics brought some new tracks and cars and reselled it as a new game yet again. Nothing ground breaking. How can you expect AMS with new graphic engine?
    It makes me laugh when I read the wish list for AMS 2. New graphics engine, VR, ...
    Dream on. If there is something called AMS 2 it will be a rF2 clone again. But they going to find some fools again that will buy it.
    Quote:
    "Short answer is no, it hasn´t been decided (in the sense that evaluations of other engines for various purposes are still
    ongoing).
    Long answer is, we´ve licensed the ISIMotor source code aiming to use it on the long run, with AMS being only the starting point. We´ve done all our content and quite a bit of coding already on top of the original code base, most notably on physics, audio, AI. It is thus most likely our next title will have a lot of ISIMotor in it one way or another to build onthat baseline although even that is not set in stone - things can change quickly in this business, suddenly something that seemed unlikely may become the best path forward"
    Does that sound to you like a new game with new graphics engine?
    Reiza rather keeps quite about whats coming otherwise if people find out that its yet another rFactor clone they will leave and stop supporting Reiza. Why cant they tell us the truth instead of showing some blurred pictures?
    Here I come again being banned.

• Dislike x 15
    • Disagree x 6
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  14. DaVeX

Would be well served, not because you are expressing your opinion, everyone is free to do this, but because you are describing as simple and useless the hours of work devs put behind a product no one force you to buy.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza, please can you add a new feature to the forum so I can both dislike and disagree with this post?
    Quite hard to choose between the two...:D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Spin

Spin Active Member

Still not a reason to ban someone. Reiza are amazing and have done, and continue to do, a wonderful job with AMS and the ISI engine but maybe bobdihi is not satisfied with the amount (whether it'd be little or lots) that Reiza has changed from the default ISI coding. To ban someone because they don't appreciate something is not only your opinion (how do you really know if a person appreciates something?) but it's on the verge of totalitarianism.

Of course Reiza have done an amazing job but some people may be more critical and/or analytical than others (allowing them to maybe pinpoint areas in need of improvement and then being vocal about it) or simply have higher expectations (as good as it is, maybe they expected better). We shouldn't live in a dreamworld where things are all rosie and flowers, and where we only talk about all the good stuff - nothing but praise and worship. We should be appreciating & praising amazing efforts and accomplishments - which Reiza have definitely done in my opinion - while also staying grounded which allows us to see clear so that we can constantly be looking for faults and areas of improvement.

Slamming people who have higher expectations or who are critical, not because they want to troll but because they're passionate and strive for even better, is the opposite of what anyone should do (in life, not just videogames)...but I guess that's just an opinion :)

Actually, it would be nice to have a "thank you" button. I sometimes have to decide between the "like" and "friendly" buttons when a "thank you" is what I'd really like to use.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. DaVeX

I understand your point as I said I wasn't against his freedom to express is ideas but I was against the way he expressed them, you can be critic without need to be offensive of other works or similar stuff...
    You are a good example how critics should be expressed, you pointed several times there are some problems on the main code and how the car behave but you never was aggressive or not respectful of other work...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Except that this guy is not passionate, he is a troll with nothing construtive to say, wrote the same thing in RD and got banned together with melanie (finally!) I think, or this is a second account from melanie, who knows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

@bobdihi , you must feel sad that you are not able to race AMS because it lacks VR? I feel your pain, frustration, anger and overall sadness. However, you project these emotions onto a fictional idea of what could happen in the future. And if you are able to forsee the future...which i take as a physiological shortage: the elevator works but does not reach the upper floors. Your doctor can help you with medication. Take care and may the force be with you

20. 2ndLastJedi

Still no firm news :( R3E gave good indications as to their next move ;)