PLEASE REIZA, SOME NEWS!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Daniel Escudero, Apr 28, 2018.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@nate why you disagree?
    Can you elaborate about this?
    Looking to latest Reiza tweet it seems they are moving to rF2 engine (at least the graphic one) so our only hope is to see the two studios working togheter in order to fix it to his best.
    We know rF2 has great potential but we also know which mess is it. I would be happy to see race rules, AI, car behaviour of Reiza titles on rF2 too so even those will be 2 different titles (someone says next Reiza title could be both standalone or part of rF2 DLC) I hope to see them share their knowledge in order to have the best experience in both titles.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

What tweet are you referring to? The one that has no details or commitment to anything?

3. DaVeX

Yep the one with blurred image and as I said it "seems" rF2 engine ;)

4. Marc Collins

There is no indication of anything except what appears to be a Reiza car (and track?) in rF2 engine. That could mean:
    1. Paid DLC for rF2 from Reiza
    2. Paid or free DLC for rF2 from S397 "borrowing" Reiza content
    3. A test of some Reiza content using rF2 graphics engine integrated into AMS v1.5
    4. The beginnings of "AMS v2.0" showing the initial content ported for testing (alpha/beta?)
    5. An indication that "AMS v2.0" will be nothing more than an add-on for rF2 like KartSim
    6. Some other thing I haven't thought of yet
    Since it was a teaser and Reiza has studiously avoided saying or confirming anything, I would avoid jumping to conclusions :)

5. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It would seem to me that number 4 is accurate.

But all of the other possibilities could be a variation on number 4 yet they are all a bit of wild speculation-- which you are aware of obviously. Everyone on the internet seems to think that one screenshot shows that ams2 will use the rf2 engine. I certainly do not think it would be a bad thing if that was the plan but I think it is a jump forward with no data. Just because a screenshot looks similar to another title does not mean they are going to use that engine. Hopefully we'll know more soon.

But first let's hear about that final DLC!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My $0.02 is on #1 or #5 (they are kind of the same thing)

7. Marc Collins

I don't agree. #1 is a tiny slice of AMS content "up-scaled" to rF2 to help S397 with the fact that they have too little content for rF2. It would give Reiza a little money and a chance to test drive the rF2 engine (core and graphics) as a platform option for AMS 2.0.

The DLC could also be free for rF2 owners, as an advertisement for Reiza and in exchange for the chance to test drive the platform.

#5 is that there wouldn't be a stand-alone AMS 2.0. That's a radical and quite different (and totally depressing to me) concept.

As an rF2 owner, I would like the see the free DLC only because it would be fascinating to directly compare the same content in the two platforms. Assuming Reiza does their usual polish job (vastly superior to ISI or S397), it might convince AMS owners to get excited about AMS 2.0 on that platform. If the content looks and behaves supremely well, and it would need to for Reiza to not worry all of their existing customers, it would also be an embarrassment for S397 that they haven't managed to get the majority of their own content updated after months and years.

Back to the point, though--we have no idea until Reiza says something!

8. Eduardo Villaça

Eduardo Villaça Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, it's been almost a month since that tweet... They'll probably give us an update sometime soon. As for the possibilities mentioned before, I think the idea of going for DLC for rF2 or something like KartSim would be absolutely dreadful for Reiza... The thing that sets AMS apart from other sims, besides the content, is the work they put on physics and FFB, and all that would be lost going to rF2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Marc Collins

???

How is any work done by Reiza lost going to rF2?

First of all, DLC can be for rF2--a couple of cars or tracks here and there, or, to make AMS 2 like KartSim where the whole thing is an add-on to rF2. Completely different implications for Reiza and S397 across those two options.

Whatever this thing is, it is going to demonstrate whether Reiza can translate the amazing AMS physics and FFB to rF2. Assuming they are successful, that only helps sell Reiza-branded DLC to rF2 owners (making Reiza potentially the premiere DLC supplier), or, excite Reiza fans that if Reiza chooses rF2 as a new stand-alone base for AMS 2 that all will be good.

If the translation looses anything and suffers from some of the problems that plague many stock and modded tracks and cars in rF2, it will be a signal NOT to go down the rF2 path. The problem is how will Reiza deal with 64-bit requirements and a bunch of other issues that are completely separate from graphics engine choices?

Let's just hope the Reiza content in rF2 hits it out of the park...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. DaVeX

Or maybe they just licensed the graphic engine? Could be an option too.
    Or they have both physics and graphic engine but they will develop it as standalone game but without mod support...(and share their knowledge with S397 in order to develop faster both the titles)
    Btw, Heusinkveld has been reported as working with S397 and some cars have the name and logo on their skin as in AMS...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Good points DaVeX, and perhaps as was suggested some time ago by S397, they have done work to improve support for older P-motor physics in rF2 so in Reiza's case, it means working in very familiar territory while speaking the language well.

12. Eduardo Villaça

Eduardo Villaça Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm talking about the game's physics engine. It would be one thing to license rF2's graphics engine and adapt it to their customized physics engine. It's a whole different story to use Reiza's assets within rF2. Even though they may use the same car/track data, it would be subject to rF2's physics engine and FFB, and every improvement done by Reiza in AMS would be lost.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

I know a lot of you do not agree with me, that is fine. I just miss ISI. rF2 isn't just a race game like R3E or Pcars or even AC. It's bloody tire model software. And ISI started to wrap a paper around it so it could be sold as a racing sim. Im not a dev but i can imagine its working the other way around.
    What i have seen from Studio 397 so far, im not impressed at all. Surely they are qualified devs but not for rF2. I bought the GT3 pack and compared to some high qualified mod and the Gt3 pack is lame. The FFB is absent on all cars. Next to that i have no feel of grip at all. Racing the renault Megane and rF2 shines at its best. I hope Reiza stays Reiza without a merge with another company. Im aware of the fact these days its hard to survive with all bombastic console titles. I just hope Reiza still find its own way like it did with AMS. rF2 as next engine is fine, but do not merge with Studio 397.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Marc Collins

Despite rF2's "superiority," that's exactly why I spend most of my time in AMS.

15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If they build AMS 2 on a borrowed (or bought) engine again, the outcome will be a surprise.
    Perhaps we get a ghostcar and perhaps the timing will work and perhaps.......and perhaps it will work in the next update... or the next... etc...etc it will work sometime and then it wouldn't

At least we can have fun filling forms with our expectations and disappointments and of course our opinions... almost like AMS 1

16. Marc Collins

AMS 1 exceeded all of my expectations given that I knew all along it was going to be limited to the existing gMotor engines.

• Like Like x 4
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I agree but without VR its just a no go for me :(

18. 2ndLastJedi

Well this is a pretty depressing thread :( with ACC going to UE4 its going to make rF2 and all other sims look even older than they already do and no matter the superior physics or FFB the graphics will be what sell units !
    If AMS want to be lucrative they need to be as shiny as ACC is going to be and keeping their own physics and FFB will just keep all us happy !

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

Ehm...im still very happy with AMS as it is. Not need for a ACC graphics with all shiny bells and wistles everybody goes oooh and aaaah. I want to get everything out of a car, drive it on the limit and when its going over the limit i want to feeling that it was my choice to do so. AMS gives me that.
    I recommend you go PC2 or F1 2018 for fancy graphics. Enough peeps who like them games.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

I found this thread depressing because of the opinion of AMS staying with current gen visuals , thus not growing further in terms of player numbers and financial position !

I dont play games for their shiny graphics ! but i do like them ;)

My most played Sim and any game is rF2 due to its great FFB and tyre model and VR !

My whole post is about what will gain AMS bigger player bases and thus more money to develop more content and Sims in the future .
    As I said I will be happy as long as AMS keeps its current tyre and physics , all i want is VR in AMS !

You go play whatever you want and don't tell me what to play !

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1