It does not start

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Robets, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Robets

Robets New Member

Hello everyone, the game often gives me (not always) problems in the boot. Steam tells me that an exe is missing and previously told me that the fault was of corrupt files, but that seemed to have solved it by uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. Unfortunately now, after playing for a few hours, restarting I find the bitter surprise. The problem has recurred but with a different motivation. All the other Steam games work beautifully, so it's not Steam's fault! Does anyone know the remedy?

Thank you!!
    Roberto

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Often this is the result of antivirus applications falsely placing the exe in quarantine. If you have anti virus software check it's logs and consider adding an exception in it's options for the installation directory.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robets

Robets New Member

Thanks for your help Dave. I'll do an anti-virus check. I try to explain better what's going on: in practice I start the game and Steam warns me of an update that never starts. Time runs but does not download any bytes, 0! Having automatic updates enabled, you generate a loop that does not start the game and I had to disable automatic updates by clearing the cache. This happened this afternoon. This evening, however, the system has downloaded 6.4 Mb and the game has finally left and everything went wonderfully! At this point I will try tomorrow and see if everything works.