1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has the game engine been decided for the next game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GodzillaGTR, Sep 2, 2017.

1. AK1504

AK1504 Member AMS2 Club Member

I really hope it´s not the rF2 engine... Even with DX11 it´s outdated and runs not very good...I want to see something up to date... And i decided to be a backer of the campain because i wanted to see the "Next Project" and of course because of DX12 :(

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

that q4 2016 :D

3. AK1504

Over 1,5 years later and not a single word to the backers of the campain is not very nice Reiza...

Communication is very important imo...

I would be happy if they would say whats up in the Reiza 51 area...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The campaign was for what is now known as Automobilista ;) I really cant understand why people have such a difficulty to get this :confused:
    The next project part was just there to show what they were planning, and plans change, especially in software industry.
    If the next project is anything related to rF2, that's what you'll get (if your contribution included their "next project" as reward).

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And we were not even supposed to get AMS: crowdfunding was to extend the life of Stock Car Extreme! We should still enjoy what we have now, it seems it will take months before the next game is out.

6. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ams is extended life of stock car extreme :rolleyes:

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I can't enjoy AMS because no VR :(

Reiza should move with the times and not waist time making cars on YT that won't even make it to the game !

8. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Not fair mate, they are working hard, when they are in silent mode something big is happening behind the scenes. You guys need to learn to be more patient and respectfull of others work, what Niels does on his free time isn't your concern, you can be sure before spending time doing a car on stream Niels did his homeworks like all of us during the day, we should be gratefull for his time because we learned a lot from that stream.
    As side note, if you can't enjoy simracing anymore because you need VR at all costs, well let me say you are addicted to a toy but the bad way...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

I may be addicted, but i can stop at any time :p
    I play 2D games all the time , just not in Sim racers !

Fair point about Neils and sorry if I upset anyone , im just keen to get back into AMS but in VR !

10. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

AAAAAAH...STOP writing "VR"....makes me NUTS! The freaking whining: "Momy, I can not play this game because the game has no VR". GRRRRRR.
    STOPIT! Go play something else like Project cars 2 or rFactor 2 or ANY OTHER GAME THAT DOES HAVE VR:mad:.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  11. AK1504

FYI i know but i decided to buy LvL5 at Indogogo to get a "Next Project" Sim with "DX12"... And i decided to back the campaign only because of the "Next Project Sim, DX12"

[​IMG]

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Correct me if I'm missing something major but, what benefits does DX12 have over DX11? Most of what was advertised in DX12 hasn't lived up to it's promise from what I've read.

As far as rF2 is concerned, it seems it is still very much WIP so I'm not sure making a final judgement is justified at this point. S397 just released another update to improve VR performance in the rain so bit by bit, it continues to improve - albeit, pretty slowly.

I think Reiza has done a superb job with AMS overall and whatever they decide is best going forward is probably going to turn out to be great.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

People are easily fooled by propaganda. Took years for people to use DX11, DX12 wont be a thing for the next 3 or 4 years still. And as you said nobody has used the so promised features from DX12. The main good thing about DX12 was the multi gpu part that in theory could help a lot with VR.
    But then multi gpu is almost dead, VR is not taking off despite all the propaganda, basically it's usefull at this moment only for cockpit games and these dont have a big fan base.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I think many hoped VR would explode onto the gaming scene but, many insiders quietly suspected it would be a long slow climb and I think that's what it is. There are many obstacles ahead to be conquered and the overall hardware cost is likely to remain high for the foreseeable future so yeah; VR is a very niche product in a niche segment of a niche market but, I do think it's here to stay - at least for seated games. It's growth is just going to be a lot slower than many had hoped.

As much as I love AMS, I do tend to play AC and rF2 more due to the VR-aspect since I've added motion to my setup; it's just more immersive overall but, I adore the handling, FFB and content in AMS.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

I agree but it seems we are not allowed to talk VR in AMS threads because it upsets the natives ;) so stop it or maybe I should yell STOP IT :p

16. 2ndLastJedi

Go grab a tissue !

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

18. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

You know it will be on AMS2 right?
    We aren't upset because people says VR but because people should stop to ask for it and stop moaning they can't play AMS due the lack of it when it will be present for sure on next title which will have the same content and amazing feeling the old one have...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. 2ndLastJedi

Well people should stop talking about the new engine because you know there will be a new engine , right ? with the same content and feeling as the old one has .....
    Im not upset by anything people ask for or talk about but if it upsets you for there to be free speach then maybe you should not come onto the internet or ever have a conversation with humans again !

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't mind if Reiza decides to use the rfactor 2 engine. Seeing what they've achieved with the ol'granny rfactor 1 engine it can only turn out good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1