1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has the game engine been decided for the next game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GodzillaGTR, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

. . . and maybe Reiza collaboration might improve rF2 to a higher standard. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

rF2 will now improve !

3. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

Only and only if Reiza gets the lead in development and future plans.

4. Dean Ogurek

Hmmm, . . . maybe popularity of AMS content could create pressure on S397 to improve theirs - at least, some of it. The sound engine really needs an upgrade in rF2 but, there are other areas that could use refinement also.

5. Bkim

Yeah, sound...the underdog in gaming. Everybody talks about graphics, nobody about sound. Peeps spend 1000 euro's on a GPU but sound has to do it with the onboard MB chip. I prefer sound far above graphics. But im afraid that the rF2 engine is not made for sound so and external sound module? No clue if that would be possible

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Maybe Reiza guys can do the trick again, I mean they added support to 7.1 on AMS they can do the same with next title and maybe implement Fmod too...(fingers crossed)

7. Bkim

Cockpit sound fairly good but the replay cam sounds are always so poor.

8. Dean Ogurek

Yeah, the replay audio is really lacking in rF2 but, it seems not many people watch replay's.

AC may have some of the most convincing replay audio in the business imo - especially when some of the sound-mods are in place or with the RSS-GT1 mod; amazing! I prefer it over RR audio in most cases. iRacing also has some cars that are very convincing in replay. fMod is involved in both cases but, iRacing have reportedly customized it pretty heavily; perhaps Kunos have too (?)

I think Reiza have done very well with the internal audio considering the audio-engine being used. I imagine implementing fmod integration is no small task.

9. Bkim

I mainly watch replays to observe my line in corners. So yeah, i can imagine its not a primary aspect for devs.

10. João Rafael França

João Rafael França João Rafael França

[QUOTE = "Marcos, post: 27179, membro: 3665"] Eu só quero o que rodar no intel hd 3000 [/ QUOTE]

Ms, o AMS roda COM O INTEL HD3000 tudo no baixo, eu tenho um notebook da xuxa que rda ele susssa kkkkkkkkkk

11. Spin

Spin Active Member

Internal audio as in cockpit camera audio? To me it seems pretty much the same as always (RF1, etc.) but Reiza deserve recognition for the fantastic job they have done with the external audio (ie. trackside/tv cam). Reiza have definitely made some nice improvements to the audio which increases realism and immersion like dynamic audio filtering, reverb, pitch, etc.

I'm so happy Reiza improved the core audio itself instead of just focusing on pasting in better audio samples (like pasting in nicer textures instead of improving a graphics engine).

I hope this audio improvement continues because, compared to graphics, videogame-audio is still in the 1990s, maybe early 2000s at the most.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dean Ogurek

I mean the addition of surround features for the in-car sounds; I can tell which tire is making more noise better than in any other title.

The sound engine used here can't match the replay audio of RR, iRacing or AC (especially mods) but, it works well enough considering the limitations imo.

13. 2ndLastJedi

I miss AMS as my go to sim! I fired it up with DS4 pad just to look and it looks great, now do i move my whole rig over to my screen or just go back to all the VR sims

• Like Like x 2
  14. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I cut my sim racing teeth on GPL - 36fps, driving on ice - but incredibly rewarding!
    In AMS I feel as though I have 5 seasons of GPL2, with great sounds, amazing physics and FFB, and fabulous AI.
    Not only are there Reiza's 67,69 and 75 cars, but also GTSpeedster's Maserati 250f F1 car and the brilliant F1HSO 1971 mod, plus many period tracks.
    I bought a rift on Black Friday last year, I think it has ten hours of use at most!
    Come back to AMS @2ndLastJedi!

• Like Like x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

Im totally set up for VR now so will just have to use rF2 with Reiza content for my sim AMS fix until Reiza finally release the next title that will hopefully support VR!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dean Ogurek

I took a break from AMS while playing VR-supported titles but, was reminded just how great AMS feels to drive again. It's too bad we have to choose one or the other but, having a sampling of AMS-content in rF2 will be something to help bridge the gap a bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

Well said Mate!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been running it with the bigscreen app from steam (Bigscreen Beta on Steam) this past week or so.

In the void environment (all black with only the screens showing) and a large virtual curved screen pulled in fairly close it's actually pretty nice and means I don't have to drag my TV to my rig. I didn't have to drop any details so aside from some losses due to usual VR pixel density it still looks great and feels plenty immersive.

It's worth a try if you haven't before imo.

19. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Head tracking works too?
    Sounds interesting indeed...

20. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

head tracking works but in bigscreen, not ams