1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza + Studio397 + rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taris, Jul 10, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

This surprised me how the rF2 fans don't know much about AMS ! I thought that like me that if you liked rF2 you'd be into all Sims trying to get the most out of our hobby !

AMS was my first Sim when coming to PC and my interest grew from there , it seems that a lot of rF2 people got into rF2 and didnt move , which does say a lot for just how good it is !

Now rF2 is the Sim that is my most played and has the most hours of any game on my rig !

Once AMS gets (that thing i'm not allowed to mention) it will again be my most played !

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is Very Revealing. ;)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Maybe a lot of Sim-racers assume that AMS is just another generic title on an outdated rF engine that has nothing new to offer beyond the bazillion rF1 mods - I don't know but, we all know that couldn't be further from being the case. I'm always amazed at the number of people who have never even tried AMS but, then again, I'm surprised at how many of them stick to only one or two titles.

So much of the rF2 content lacks refinement in numerous areas and that's something Reiza excels at so, maybe they can set an example of what that could be like in rF2.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

This is going to be an instant buy from me. Great news!

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really appreciate rf2 but I couldn't agree more with deans statement!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad to hear it's not affecting the next generation Reiza title. Will be good to share the word of the quality content that Reiza creates, with the rF2 fans. Look forward to seeing what will be released for rF2, also for any updates on any if any kickbacks for the IndieGoGo backers (though I'll still be happy with what I've got form that investment to this point, and with release of the next Reiza game).

7. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

To be honest I prefer to pay for this rf2-Reiza-bundle, after Indiegogo campaign we gained so much that I think is enough, I prefer to buy it in order to support them...

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Big_Mama

Big_Mama Ben Suttor AMS2 Club Member

AMS cars and tracks plus rain, plus dx11, plus VR, plus real shadows, plus complex tire model. I'm excited! But I think the thing I'm most excited about is the difference in force feedback and car handling! This has so much potential, but it could go in either direction... Can't wait to try it out!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

I hate to burst your bubble, but...

Rain is broken in rF2. The AI will pit almost every lap. Track rubber has more grip than green parts, which is the opposite of real rain conditions. There is no puddle simulation in the physics. Puddles are a huge part of real wet driving. Rain typically reduces FPS by a very large amount on top of the already substandard optimization.

If you want superior graphics and performance racing in the rain, as well as a more realistic experience, then play GTR2.

The tire model is very complex. That doesn't make it more realistic.

Shadows are extremely buggy on many systems. And again, the game's optimization is a joke. You'll have to have a high-end computer for maximum settings. It will still look much worse than AC, a game that runs well with very modest hardware.

But yes, you do get VR.

I'm going to save my money for AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

rF2 runs flawless here using a core i3 2100 and a r7 360 :D
    funny thing about shadows is that AMS shadows are a russian roullete, in EEC we had to stop using time progress because some guys would have problems with it despite having much higher end PCs than mine. Meanwhile everyone that had shadows issues in rF2 just had to stick to medium setting on it.
    I only race online so rain is good enough in this situation, some rain is better than 0 rain
    The whole environment thing is what made me give up of AMS, after my first league using real time weather and being able to run time progress without fear I started moving away from AMS lol (well rF2 physics also had a part in it, IMO the car feels more connected to the ground there but some mods like Enduracers fail at this)
    Hoping Reiza can do better in AMS 2, and quickly. I bought the season pass in this game and never used any content from it, simply because I wanted to support Reiza.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  11. Big_Mama

Big_Mama Ben Suttor AMS2 Club Member

I must admit I haven't touched rF2 for a long time now... after all there was a reason why I switched to Automobilista. But we will see. I will definitely give it a try. The worst thing that can happen is that I keep funding AM2, so I can't really lose ;o)

12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, agree with what a lot of you have said here. AMS runs circles around rF2 in many ways for me. Do I want VR, yes but rF2's VR and DX11 implementation is embarrassing at best. These guys just released car packs that have debris and rain coming into the cockpit. They have hands/cockpits that look like early DX9 implementations on new vehicles.

I really would rather see an entirely new game from Reiza or some premium content (preferably more hard tops....cough, cough...GTE).

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

VR is working very well now after some Build updates and that's on my lowly GTX970, I'm able to get a steady 90fps (in certain situations) with Med/High settings and 260% SS. Other VR users have also reported much better performance and the recent Rain in VR performance update has massively helped that area.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. 2ndLastJedi

There is a working workaround ! Finish qualifying in a full wet track ;)

15. 2ndLastJedi

We should stop this " my favourite Sim is better than your favourite" crap, they all have points that work better than the next and NONE are perfect !
    With a combination of two could make them both benifit !

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ummm. No. You’re just hammering the hell out of ASW and likely at 45fps. I’ve got a i7-7700k with a 1080 running 100%SS and I struggle to get 90 FPS in twilight or anything but broad daylight. Nobody is having fun with VR right now in rf2. It’s a total mess

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. 2ndLastJedi

Thats not true !
    Im having fun in rF2 with VR ! Although it is taking a 1080ti/7700k system to have it ! Yes its at 90 fps with AAx4 and SS 1.0 !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I do get 90fps in certain situations as do others, yes it does drop to 45fps in others and there's nothing wrong with that, the game runs fluidly in VR now and that is a fact.

Plenty of people are having fun in RF2 with VR, it is not a total mess :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Fernando Ribeiro

Fernando Ribeiro New Member AMS2 Club Member

The release of AMS kart tracks would be a great addition to rf2, and would be of great use by the already released kart vehicles from rf2... even greater if we could have also the kart models from AMS to rf2... top priority: Granja viana to rF2 ! Would love to race there in the rain, like I do in real life sometimes !

• Like Like x 1
  20. Knell Rohan

Knell Rohan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Next year: 397 added to rf2 updated ffb. And rf2 will be bestest ffb in sims (now just only 4th place). In rf2 will appear 30-40% of content from Reiza (30-40% is a looot).
    What Reiza will: lotest. Is the best option in that time. New game is not called Automobilista 2. Possible Reiza rF2, or Automobilista rF2.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1