1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The party is yours Reiza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bkim, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

After the horrible news about the upcoming GTR3 news from the "new" Sector 3 Simbin (great publicity stunt to revive the dev team name...wankers), i watched closely the release of ACC by Kunos. Just watched gameplay and yet again the sim racers are presented with a mediocre console-ish race title which should be called Project Cars 3.

The party is yours Reiza, smash them all with your new title....right?

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dookie

Dookie Member AMS2 Club Member

Judging the quality of a Sim by watching a video... Classic :D:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Bkim

Got it from a friend after i refunded and its a console title converted for the PC. When i compare it with AMS it's stand far far away to be a competitor in the PC simracing genre.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dookie

Dookie Member AMS2 Club Member

They haven't even confirmed a console version, stop talking nonsense :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, sorry. ACC is pretty solid even for a 0.1 beta. In fact, other titles should be embarrassed (rf2). In a 0.1 beta, they have an FFB meter, rain that doesn't suck up 50 FPS and really good FFB.

I think everyone should be worried. If I were Reiza i'd get to work ASAP. I don't know if the rf2 engine is going to get them where they need to be should they choose that route. Perhaps they can pull in some open wheel series and work that angle, but ACC is going to be tough.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. PicoBp

PicoBp Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fingers crossed that Reiza has the wisdom to avoid Unreal Engine 4!!! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Why is that?

8. PicoBp

Horrible image quality, a staple of the processing pipeline of the engine. Flashy, cinematic, but fuzzy, blurry, glitchy mess.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its Early Access.....:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. PicoBp

Unreal Engine 4 is early access? I'm not talking about ACC, but all games built on UE4. Full of graphical glitches due to the rendering engine.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh I see, well there's still time for them to be ironed out, no need to write the game off just yet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Sexy puddles...and this is from PC1 go figure what Reiza could do with cryengine and AMS physics...

Also very scalabe and still looking good on low settings (I don't like PC 1&2 but the graphic engine is good).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Agree at first glance. But 50% of the problem was cured by turning off motion blur (same thing necessary in other titles). Another 49% can be cured with Sharpening. Some are all ready using ReShade to do that, so unless Kunos are complete idiots, they will implement a sharpness slider. It solves the annoying fuzziness problem completely.

The other 1% of issues will remain, just like every other engine has its quirks.

Overall, aside from sharpness issue, excellent visuals AND performance.

@DaVeX's suggestion is also good. Either of these would be vastly superior to S397 graphics, if only it were an equal amount of effort to swap one versus another :( It is not...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Marc Collins

Graphics are gorgeous. Pardon my ignorance, but does PC deal with the rain and puddles properly from a physics/simulation aspect, or is it mostly pretty pictures? Visuals alone have value, especially to the simcade crowd, but I find it even worse than bad graphics if what I am seeing is not fully connected to the car (best example of this is Dirt Rally).

15. DaVeX

If a visual effect works properly from a physics/simulation aspect too depends on devs work. Basically every modern game engine can simulate puddles and realistic weather but only devs can link properly phisycs to them.

16. Marc Collins

Precisely. That's why I asked if it had been done in PC.

17. DaVeX

As I said I have it but I didn't like it so no idea, I just gave a quick go and never touched it since then :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. PicoBp

Post process sharpening does not bring back detail that was lost in rendering, just makes things a bit more defined. The phrase "you can polish a turd..." fits perfectly to the scenario. Also motion blur is a thing I never even enable.

If you insist on using ACC as an example, I'm happy to share screenshots about how cinematic it looks, but how poor the actual image quality is compared to AC. And can bring a handful of examples from other UE4 based games with the same graphical issues, even from years back. There are some very poorly implemented things in UE4, that never got fixed despite all the reports and complaints. Probably aiming them for UE5.

19. Marc Collins

Looks fine to me, compared to rF2 or AMS, once the blur is turned off and the distance blur is resolved. I am sure it is not perfect, as stated above. But the performance versus aesthetics trade-off is vastly better than rF2. And Kunos are not stupid...they will have also evaluated the difference to their own engine, which was already received by the masses as vastly better than anything from ISI/S397.

Graphics are secondary for me. As long as it is a great leap forward, we keep the physics and FFB we already have--or improve them--then I am happy. Doesn't need to be the absolute latest, greatest graphics engine needed by some genre of video games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bkim

I wonder what you people are doing at Reiza's forum...apparently you dont want Reiza to be successful. All you talk about is ACC...

• Disagree Disagree x 1