Win10 Changing Device Order Fix

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by DaVeX, Sep 23, 2018.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Ok guys, I don't know if you like me suffer of Win 10 problem wich changes device order every new device installation or after a restart (forcing to bind again every button) but I finally found the solution to this.
    A little piece of software (just a couple of files really) which allow us to set the devices order, which ones should be seen by game and which not (usefull for AMS, my gamepad isn't listed anymore since I put it as hidden on config file for AMS and I can use all my simrig devices at once without need to unplug the gamepad). Feel fre to give a try, follow the istructions on main page and you are ready to go.

here the link briankendall/devreorder
    here the link for latest release download: briankendall/devreorder

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 4
  2. Sando75

Sando75 New Member

I just sent this to a mate, who has a Fanatec wheel which keeps dropping out. Only started happening since Windows 10 install.

Thanks for the post, hopefully this help him :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you DaVeX. This made a nice difference for me. Using Accuforce wheel , DSD controller for pedals and FL device for G27 as Gear Shifter and buttons the order of these devices has been a problem for me for some time.

After installing the files my Accuforce wheel is always no1 DSD 2 and FL 3 and the wheel seems to be reacting much more responsively as though the signals are getting to the wheel first now. Placibeo effect could be involved but at least now I have stable device setup. Will also try in RF2.

4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Glad this helped!
    When I found this piece of code on internet I was surprised no one talked about it so I posted it on every forum.
    It works with AMS, rF1, rF2, old simbin titles but seems it doesn't work with AC and ACC.
    I didn't notice if devices are working better or not but at least they are sorted as we wish...placebo or not :p

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1