Mendig Flugplatz Langschleife

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by AlenC, Dec 5, 2018.

1. AlenC

AlenC Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been racing on this track a lot lately and I wonder if anyone else thinks it's an amazingly fun track? I never see any comments on it. Maybe because it's a semi fictional track for which there seems to be general dislike in the sim racing community, but for that, to me it is only more impressive and I'd like to give my congratulations to everyone who worked on design and modeling of the track. I can only imagine how much work went into testing and modeling such a long track.
    Only yesterday I noticed (as I pondered mysteries of life after crashing into a barrier) there is a highway in the distance with actual traffic on it! Too bad these details are not so obvious while racing, so who knows what else I'm missing...
    Also, the airport looks great at night, although all those lights can be a little bit confusing at times.

Congratulations again to Reiza for this amazing track, and if you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's an amazing, challenging track but I think it lacks pavements, kerbs, verges, etc. that would give the road more definition. The Langschleife layout is an ingenious design that should be better known.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Almost one year ago, I did a short review of this fantastic track on my channel. The video earned much more likes than my "normal" videos. So I do believe that many people like Mendig Langschleife - which was long time called "Langschliefe" on the track selection screen.
    Thank you very much for reminding me of the Langschleife. It's abolsutely gorgeous just to cruise along.
    As you mentioned the motorway: I love these little details. Have you already seen the train at Buskerud? :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. AlenC

Is that kart track or the ice one? I never noticed it, but then, I rarely race there.
    But I see you raced road cars on the kart course! :)

BTW, wasn't there a different mendig layout available before? Similar to langschleife, but without the hill part.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alistair McKinley

It's the kart track. :)
    You have to look beyond the lake.
    Yeah, it's pretty much fun to take "bigger" cars on Buskerud.

There should be: Mendig (airfield without the mountain part), Bergschleife (only the mountain part), Langschleife (airfield and mountain part), SuperTrcuk (with ramps) and Drift (airfield, tight course with planes).

6. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I definetly agree with you @AlenC
    I can imagine a race like with full grid Mendig and AMS. Would be very good.

By the way, It makes me remember some years ago at race2play had some events on standard hillclimb rf1 track (I forgot the nome of the track) and users used to filled all the grid. It was a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AlenC

I think I remember the layout similar to this one:

Attached Files:

8. Alistair McKinley

Sorry, I don't know. Maybe, there once was this layout but, then, Reiza have changed their minds.
    Maybe someone else can answer this question.