Really not a fan of this new engine protection

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by GrimDad, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@P*Funk
    Does the V12 downshift for you properly after the new update ?
    Mine still won't accept downshifts until i'm way below the red range.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You can always override the auto shifting (even when you leave it at the default/realistic setting) with your controller, just as in the real car (it will have either paddles or a sequential stick mode). It just rarely adds any benefit. In a street mode, the transmission will upshift much earlier unless you have your foot to the floor. That can be annoying and unhelpful, but the in-sim car isn't using a street mode programming.

3. Marc Collins

The V12 downshifts as soon as the next gear to engage will hit the redline. In other words, at the maximum speed possible without blowing up the engine or transmission.

I am not saying you are not experiencing a problem, but the rpms at the point you are about to downshift are irrelevant. It is only the rpms that will occur after you downshift that matter (for real life, for racing, or for any protection system). Could you test and describe where the rpms are AFTER you are first able to downshift. To do this you'll need to hold an almost steady speed just slowing down very, very slowly until it finally lets you downshift. On mine, the downshift occurs at the same point every time--just as the newly engaged gear is about to flash red.

On some types of transmissions, engaging first gear and sometimes second gear is different. To get from neutral to first or from second back to first you need to use the clutch. That's why a typical race car and track gearing configuration doesn't use first gear except to get started. You rarely or never go below second gear unless there is a problem (or a really, really sharp corner). Just forewarning you that when the final transmission model is in place, it will simulate this. They have turned off some of these features temporarily while working on the throttle bug mentioned above.

Good news: if you don't want this realism, it's as simple as turning on auto-clutch to get rid of it all.

4. AndyS

AndyS New Member AMS2 Club Member

The Camaro GT3 does not have an automatic gearbox, it has a semi automatic or sequential gearbox built by Hollinger, heres a link Reiter Engineering Unveils A Camaro GT3

Cheers

5. Marc Collins

You have a Camaro GT3 in your AMS? I only have a Camaro SS, which is basically a street car. Would love to try the GT3 :)

• Like Like x 1