1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Brett Nagle
    I did this kind of a test as well with nearly the same results. Important for the rf2-dlc is that all of the engines are competitive. I think they should.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AJR: I do not see the suspension moving but only the wheels move up and down??

Formula Vee: I think this issue of the suspension not being visible in VR has already been said. But I have also noticed on replay the suspension does not move just the wheels.

3. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

now,
    I have set AI aggression at 0% or 30%,more it's a destruction derby .
    AI limit at 0%.
    And I use 120% for the AI strenght, it's the only way to not finish first after one lap (and I need to start last....), and I use the default car settings....
    I race Imola 18 and Ibarra, Imola 72 is very annoying i can drive with a drink in my hand :).
    If I have the time and the motivation, I will record a video from last (24) to first in a 24 min race (I think i can be first in 5/10 min).
    I don't know my lap times I have HUD off, but i know that the AI at 120% is not faster than me.
    The more I play with the rF2 Reiza bundle, the more I think AMS is better, and the on/off brake from the AI is annoying me so much....Congratz for Reiza studios, they have changed the awfull clouds from 1995 from S397....but not enough to fully enjoy, I really think that the move to rF2 is not a giant improvement, worst for some parts it's a step back (gearbox, AI).

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss New Member AMS2 Club Member

They may not belong together but TBH, I think it's best to if we were to get more people to use these cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

Was this a slip? I know the conversation was regarding the puma but, "...creative license we adapt... (like making StockV8 sticker headlights actual work) We are not doing the same in the rF2 release.

The StockV8s are coming to rF2? These cars are great.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss New Member AMS2 Club Member

More issues if this has not been covered yet - just to bring this in line with the rest, including mods
    Car classes should be on "Classes" like in rF1, not at the end of description like in AMS
    External skins on the "UserData\player\Settings" does not work as they should
    Also, merge all the AJR engine "classes into one" to accordingly their classification in Endurance Brasil even though they don't seem balanced together

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I read that differently to you, as in the AMS version has that but not any cars in rF2 that don't have headlights.

8. TR1S

No need to make a video. Run a few laps at Imola w/GTE and run a few laps at VIR w/AJR. Look at the leaderboard in the pit menu. Lap times are there. Just curious. I'd like to compare. I know my lap times at both tracks are consistent whether it's rF2, AMS or iRacing and I'm usually in the top 10 time per session against humans. Trying to determine how much of an alien you are. Do you run assists?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Completely agree. In AMS there is a solid balance. Yes the Judd is the fastest, but they are all so close it really just falls down to what one fits your driving style IMO.

If the engines are not well balanced than it defeats the purpose of offering multiple engine options as the only way to guarantee competitive close racing is going with only one of the engines.

10. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree completely. I thought the purpose of bringing the AJR, MR18, MCR2000 was because those paired well with our current content in rF2. I mean the AJR description even says it has LMP2 like performance.

On top of that it would be nice to see the AI balanced better for it's pit strategies. Even if the tires are not as durable as say the Oreca on the AJR, their durability certainly isn't a huge issue from my use of them. The AI should easily make a full fuel stint on a set of tires, yet I see the AI pitting at least twice as frequently if not more than I personally do. That really makes it impossible to balance offline races with the AI, because you'll always be running far fewer pit stops than them. I experienced that same problem in PC2 and it made offline endurance races impossible. I'd love to see the AI pit logic improved on top of balancing the engine performance of the AJRs.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

at 02:05 until 02:25 you will have exactly the good example, AI is too much slow and brake with no reason and you overtake each lap the AI...even at 120% !
    and it repeats at 03:45 or 05:05, I think you understand :)
    And you have the same issue in Imola 18....
    Instead of comparing my times, just put AI at 120%, if you can't follow you are slower than me :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Half rF2 base/dlc content suffer the same problems reported here regarding AI/gearbox/turbo/etc.
    Basically the problem isn't Reiza content itself but how it is effected by rF2 lacks and bugs...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I replay AMS and OMG this gearbox ! I miss the missed shift ! And the AI don't brake with the on/off from rF2, it's so smooth ! I really love AMS ! I regret my purchase, the rF2 bundle is not at all on the same level than AMS !
    rF2 has not the AMS quality, and I really hope the Reiza Studios will run away from this bugfest engine !
    I will stay on AMS :) cause the rF2 bundle proves me why AMS is the king of the racing simulation!
    (No gear box + No good AI = no buy, but i have bought and i regret)

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. TR1S

Lap time info would help. i.e. With an AJR (Forget which engine) I run 138.5s at VIR with a Baseline Setup absolutely no assists. Damage Multiplier 100, AI Strength 99%, AI Agression 29%, AI Limiter 0 (0 means the AI won't make mistakes). I read extensively on the best settings to make the AI competitive and this is what was suggested from the collective experience at the S397 Forums.

I also make sure the settings are strict within the player.json file. I also use the same in AMS making sure the .PLR file matches. I was in the top 3 and had to work for it as the AI races hard but clean and fari. From the limited video I've seen the times I ran were slightly quicker than other drivers who seems to run in the 140.0s

I'm curious simply because if your laps are several seconds faster, amazing, then you are indeed an alien and of course will leave the field behind. If the lap times about the same but your AI are a mess and behaving odd, it indicates a setting may be incorrect causing the AI to act that way, which they will do using strange settings. rF2 is not as forgiving as AMS for less than optimal AI settings. Are you running Steering Assistance, Spin Control, Traction Control, ABS or any other assists?

I've seen similar comments from others about the rF2 AI and nearly everytime, it's a setting.

15. 2ndLastJedi

Try the Lola T280 and tell me about miss shifts ;)

16. 2ndLastJedi

This isn't even your video ! Show the issue with your own driving so we can see a true alien at work:p But i do agree that the Ai are braking for no reason on t1 and 2 !

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. TR1S

I tried a 10 lap race w/AI at 120%. I could keep up. I ran a 1m28.10s. The AI run 1m27s range and are very competitive. They push in the corners both when chasing and defending. It was fun. In order to drive clean by the time you setup to make passes, they spread out and become harder to catch.

Didn't do anything odd.

It is one of the small number of cars I've seen where 99-100% isn't enough.

Lap times are meaningful though. If lap times are the same but my AI is fine and somebody else's is acting crazy, it's likely a setting. If someone is an alien and simply out drives the AI that's different.

The settings I typically use are Damage Multiplier 100%, AI Strength 99-100%, AI Aggression 29%, AI Limiter 0 Some people crank this up thinking 100% means the most difficult. It should be left at 0%.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/ai-limiter-0-0-makes-the-ai-race-smarter.30587

Some mods may behave strange with AI Strength over 100% but it seems most weird behavior comes from setting the aggression settings too high which is around 50% or more it seems.

I most often use base setups as well. No assists either. Even when a car employs it in the real world, I'll often turn off the setting if possible. These things could also affect lap times making things easier.

rF2 AI is as good, possibly slightly better than AMS and better than most of the other stuff around.

* Curious to know what was 'Disagreed' with? I find it interesting that somebody just disagrees when there are over one dozen points made. o_O

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I noticed that too. I usually set steering lock to 14-15 degrees but with rF2 Reiza cars the minimum is 16 degrees, I'll have to double check but i could swear these cars can be set to less than 16 degrees in AMS, and iirc most cars I've tried in rF2 can have less than 16 degrees of steering lock. Also it seems that the default setup in rF2 is different from the different setup in AMS.

19. TR1S

I know what he meant. I was just being wishful. :D

People disliking. How bad would it be if Reiza also did StockV8 for rF2? I understand that's their flagship car and will likely be part of their own release, which is great.

People need to lighten up when it's due. :rolleyes:

20. 2ndLastJedi

They sure do! One of those that disagreed with you has spammed (or trolled) the crap out of me on YT disagreeing with just about everything!