1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, this is what we know.
    My interest is aimed more at the detail of this weights situation. What's the reason for the differences and the concepts behind. Is the gap of weights only result due to the engines (so....more weight on the front axle...or where?) or does it depend on various parameters? And how does it impact the weight balance of the cars....always the same distribution, e.g. 50/50 or also individual for each of the combinations?

I'm asking since this has an impact on the weight transfer of the cars and the grip level. It's very exciting, at least for me :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

End of my story about the AI, after more investigations, the issue is coming from the s397 cars on the Reiza tracks.
    If I race with the GT3/GTE cars on the Reiza tracks, when I simulate the "finished" qualify session, I can see that there is 20 seconds between the first AI and the last AI (I start last without doing a lap in the qualify session). If I race with the Reiza cars on the Reiza tracks, there is only 4 seconds between the first AI and the last AI. In game, the GT3/GTE AI cars from s397 on the Reiza tracks always crash in the first lap or after, in many corners, the race is not good at all, so the issue is the AIW from the Reiza tracks is not made for the GT3/GTE cars. It's sad, I would like to use my GT3 and GTE packs on the Reiza tracks...so the issue is in the AIW of the Reiza tracks.

I have noticed that many s397 tracks (Malaysia...) have trouble with GT3/GTE cars...it has been reported but s397 have not modified the AIW and won't do it (the true reputation of bugfest is again here), and I don't talk about the yellow flag issue....I'm really disappointed, I can't have a proper gearbox for my Puma052, and I can't use the s397 paid cars like GT3/GTE on the Reiza tracks.

I'm so disappointed that I won't record myself the issue, here a video with the constant AI crash (00:20)

(I need to stop posting I start being very negative)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. fireballr18

I will have a look at the ai issues by today or tomorrow.
    Some repetitive tests, reiza cars on reiza tracks, s397 cars on 397 tracks. Reiza on 397 and the other way round.
    I almost drive multiclass races. Sure accidents and mistakes happen as irl. But not that way it destroys so many races.

4. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There are lots of problems with the AI on the Reiza pack with the Reiza cars, the problems are not occuring only with Studio 397 content(see my previous posts).
    Regarding Imola doing qualifying helped but AI is still very slow in some parts of the track and still does by know the "Reiza overtake" when you least expect it.

5. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It isn't just the Reiza cars. RF2 AI is just not good right now. Some update or change has had to have broken it, but this happened before the Reiza pack

6. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FYI There has been no update or change to the RF2 AI (code) before the Reiza Pack or in the recent past before that, perhaps you raced on tracks with poor AIW (AI Paths/lines they use for Driving) as on tracks with good AIW they are are just the same as they've been for years.....that is Very Good (but could be better!) :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Brett Nagle

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I had to bump the safety car threshold up because it was one full course caution after another

8. MarcG

There's nothing to "agree to disagree" with as there have been no AI Code changes in the recent past, the issue with Full Course Yellows has been a long standing problem with RF2 since the middle ages unfortunately :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. fireballr18

Set it only on black flagg and there is no more problem with fcy anymore.

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I've got a video on my YT channel showing how good the Ai was in rF2 and they don't have the same on/off throttle behavior they do now This was in 2016.
    Something has definitely changed since then.
    I then made one about AC and how bad their Ai behavior was, now there was a change for the better!

11. Brett Nagle

I never said I don't want any FCY. The problem is the AI are wrecking far too often causing the FCY

12. Brett Nagle

I never said it was a direct code change to the AI. I am saying an update maybe one not even related to AI has IMO changed the AI behavior. Maybe it is the new tires, or something else. Marrs or someone even admitted a past update broke the AI with like the rain or something and they haven't been able to fix it yet. The aggression bar literally has no impact on the AIs behavior.

So yeah maybe there have been 0 updates to the AI, but that doesnt mean a recent update hasnt caused issues with it

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. MarcG

Ok maybe it's something new then, have you created a Bug Report about it? As it's recent as you say then if you haven't then please do so, thanks :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

no thanks, many bugs have been reported since 2017 and in Q1 2019, no update although s397 has said they will fix them. No thanks, rF2 is a bugfest, my only fix to have a propper gearbox, good AI with no brake on/off and no crash, no issue with yellow flag, is to use AMS !

I will be happy to post all the bug reported and how s397 has said first they will fix them then 2 years later with no changement they have said offlne is not a priority.... let's bash rF2 !

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

• Like Like x 5
  16. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

Thank you for your update, I appreciate very much your work.

at the beginning of the race, the "glow" seems fixed :

but in the race the "glow" seems not fixed

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Just to be clear, update has not been deployed yet.

18. fireballr18

Great new Renato. I love you guys! :hurrayreiza:

19. vtr

vtr New Member AMS2 Club Member

for all the Reiza team ..... Thanks for the update, but also for the consideration you have towards your users !!:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Brett Nagle

Is there an estimated date when the update will release?

• Like Like x 1