1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

rF2 does simulate turbos.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

any news about the update ? it was announced soon 10 days ago, and the changelog has already been posted.
    (I'm more excited for the official release of AC competizione at the end of may, cause for the 20€ I have paid, the same price of the rF2 bundle, I have 10 tracks, all the Blancpain GT3, rain/night, awesome graphics, and only a few bugs compared to rF2 bugfest...and the FFB is not bad at all, if AC package is converted to UE4, Reiza "2017" will have a serious challenger)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  3. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

"I think AMS feels a bit more direct by using the wheel" Try int Controller Settings to modify steering rate from 23(default value I believe) to something like 60 you will find rf2 much better. I don't know why the default value is so low, at least for my wheel T300 for old cars I need to go to 60-70 and 40-50 for the new cars to feel the car.

4. AlenC

AlenC Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe I have a bug to report:

I just did a race with formula vee and I noticed that the car will move on its own while in gear and the clutch is not engaged. Is this normal? Usually the engine just stalls...

This happens even with brake depressed (force set to 100%, 56/44 balance). but only in 1st gear. The front wheels lock up in this situation, but the rear ones still push the car forward. In other gears the car will still move on its own, but will stop once I depress the brake.

5. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you mean the steering ratio in the menue with default rate of 20? It just affects controllers, not wheels.

6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We spent the week doing some further work on the skin regions following S397´s recommendations, took a few days to get a handle on it but we have a new update in beta now, should come out early next week.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. AndreiC

I can most certainly confirm "Steering rate" has a big difference for my wheel(T300rs), I don't know why and how it works.

Attached Files:

8. fireballr18

I tested it as well. I did not notice neither improvements nor changes.
    Let's see what changes the next patch brings.

9. AndreiC

Yes you are right, this is strange, probably since I made the changes in .json file to Software Wheel Rotation, recommended also in this post above fixed also this problems for me.

10. AndreiC

While racing at Guapore I noticed 3 small bugs, I did not see mentioned before.
    Bug 1: Start lights look like one big light overexposed
    Bug 2: While moving from car to car the fov and the position of the driver in the seat is being changed for no reason.
    Bug 3: Bonnet cam si pointing just in front of the car it cannot be used for racing.

Another small problem that is specific to rf2 is that if I have to start the race from pole(fov is 26 and I have only one monitor) I cannot see the starting lights at all. Also at VIR if I start in the last position I cannot see the starting lights.
    This was not a problem in AMS because AMS has a great Hud which offers all the information I need plus a starting light.
    I see you are now going to offer as a Bonus for the buyers of this DLC other variations of Imola, would be great if you consider also bringing the AMS hud to rf2, for me would be an instant buy. 20190429143512_1.jpg 20190429143338_1.jpg

11. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think steering rate just limits the maximum speed of steering wheel rotation, only useful for controllers. I always have it at minimum and the steering in rF2 feels very responsive and precise with my Fanatec 2.5 wheelbase. With higher steering rate settings i get some lag with quick steering input.

12. AndreiC

Yes you are correct. I had some strange situation/setup which is not the case anymore.

13. Renato Simioni

Update to all rF2 Bundle items has been deployed - this is the changelog:
    • Upscaled skins to 4k for all cars in the Bundle (except F-Vee) & added regions to customize different type of materials
    • Revised AIWs for all tracks in the Bundle
    • Fixed problem with VIR, Imola and Ibarra exporting that could lead to road / curb texture sorting issues through the windshield of certain cars
    • Added adjustable mirrors to all cars
    • Adjusted lock range to a minimum of 10deg, and reduced default setting for slightly slower steering ratio in all cars
    • Adjusted Max Steering torque in all cars to reduce FFB clipping closer to rF2 standards
    • Adjusted default setup for all cars for a slightly more comfortable out of the box handling
    • Applied S397 latest sound effect samples and settings for wind, road, rumble, tyre scrub & skid to bring it closer to rF2´s standard
    • Adjusted engine volume levels for player and opponents to bring it closer to rF2´s current standard
    • Added some relevant information to default setup notes
    • Adjusted AI physics for more consistent performance accross all series
    • Reduced mirror resolution to rF2´s current standard for improved cockpit performance
    • Adjusted head physics and cockpit vibration to rF2 current standards
    • Switched off previously working mirrors from external view on some cars
    • F-Vee: Fixed missing front suspension from cockpit view; Reduced steering rotation to 720deg
    • Metalmoro AJR: Added HARD tyre compound option; Fixed Chevy V8 engine startup sound; Adjusted Honda Turbo engine performance; Fixed missing front suspension in showroom
    • Puma GTE: Corrected tire diameter; tuned engine for slightly more power; reduced steering rotation to 720deg
    • Puma P052: Fixed showroom reflection glow; Fixed excessive glow from brake lights; fixed z-fighting in mirrors when running lower graphical settings
    • MCR S2000: Fixed transparent unlit LEDs when running lower graphical settings

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just downloaded the update and, at least in the Formula Vee cars, the old behaviour still persists. I have SPEED SENSITIVITY, LOOK AHEAD, EXAGERATED YAW and HEAD PHYSICS all set to 0% and the camera still moves and shakes. The rFactor 2 cars with these settings have 0 camera movement or shake, resulting in a better feel of "connection" with the car imo.

15. Delzimar Pereira

Delzimar Pereira New Member

From now on what are the next steps , could you work to improve rf2 environment graphics
    Thank's Reiza

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  16. Renato Simioni

That´s odd. will double check on that.

We´re not working on rFactor2 beyond the contents of the Bundle, the core game is still in development by Studio397 who are doing a mighty fine job, you may see further improvements from them :)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I really appreciate the work, and I think it should have been like that for the realease.
    What i like is the lock range, it's no more twitchy now !
    The car looks very nice now, no more glow for the Puma52 :)
    The default setup is better, the AIW is better, even if the AI brake in some turns that we don't need, the race is more consistent !
    I need to focus about the sound to really feel the improvement, I have made a quick test.
    BUT my major critic is I have seen immediately a visual downgrade in the tracks, the aliasing is more present or/and the textures were lowered, I have immediately checked if my Nvidia panel settings were changed, but no.
    I need to switch from 4k to +5K to have very good graphics, and my GPU can handle it now but before not, so the "optimisation" is only a visual downgrade......but I appreciate that it's not CPU hungry like the UE4 wich is very very hungry to have beautifull graphics ;)

are you sure the head vibrations are set on OFF ? cause my cam doesn't shake if head vibrations is on OFF (you have Aero/Aero+engine...), or maybe check the .json or reset it :)

If you look well, Reiza has changed the awfull clouds from 1995 era that s397 has never changed, even SEBRING has the awfull clouds, in a way they have done what we expect from Reiza, it's to surclass s397 :), but it's a shame for s397 and Reiza that some modders have to create a "propper gearbox" mod.....

EDIT: it seems that it's the Nvidia update (abd maybe the s397 few updates) that has improved a lot the game for me, it's very stable and beauty now at 6K :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  18. Delzimar Pereira

Delzimar Pereira New Member

I like rfactor 2 very much, but the graphics of the tracks can be inferior to the AMS who use directx 9. Discouraged when we go to games more current ones.
    I do not know if studio 397 will get it without Reiza's help

19. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here's a screenshot of my settings:[​IMG]

With these settings S397 cars don't move at all (in relation to the camera) in cockpit view. Similar to Assetto Corsa's dash camera. The Reiza cars still move a lot (again, in relation to the camera). It's hard to explain, but my point is: different content reacting differently to the same settings.

Attached Files:

20. fireballr18

Did a few laps. First with the AjR Honda Turbo, then MR18.

To me the prototypes are still not on that level provided in AMS.
    The AjR seems more stable and comfortable to drive now. The speed seems still a bit behind AMS (but this is also the case for the rest of the AjRs), sound is inferior escpecially the turbo and drivetrain effects and I assume the turbo modulation is also not working the way it works in AMS.
    After switching to the MR18 I would underline the turbo assumption. When I left my foot on the throttle, put it back on it I can clearly listen when the turbo starts to work as the exhaust gas is filling the turbocharger. And I believe I can also feel that. In rF2...I already have the feeling that the turbo is coupled to the rpm. So more or less a fake-turbo. Perhaps I'm totally wrong with this evaluation...:D