Is it possible for different AI cars/teams to have different strengths in season mode?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by IceCreamKimi, Apr 30, 2016.

1. IceCreamKimi

IceCreamKimi New Member AMS2 Club Member

What I think would be an improvement in season modes is for specific AI cars or teams to be better than others. This way you would have consistent front runners and backmarkers just like any motorsport.

I think it would make season mode more interesting as you would have teams that would consistently score points, stay at the top of the table and make it more realistic. At the moment, as long as I keep scoring podium places I can easily win the season by a huge margin.

2. Tommi

Tommi Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, IceCreamKimi.
    Technically, it's possible to use the different physics (engine, tires, gears, suspension, etc.) for each team. But we (users) are not allowed to edit the original physics files. So, only the dev can make it.

In AMS, the cars of each class use the same physics files. It is because this game is designed aiming for the fair online racing (my understanding).

The performance of each AI driver is balanced with the "talent" (.rcd) file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\GameData\Talent

By editing (or swapping) the talent files, it's possible to rebalance the strength of each driver (and as a result of this, the strength of each team) in Single-Player.
    This Modding way does not make so significant changes but totally works during the championship season.

Also, the player can change the AI difficulties (strength & aggression). And by changing the AI difficulties, the player can change the position among the AI drivers. (If you want to win easily, lower the AI diffculties, etc.).

If you do want to use the different physics for each team, you have to use the physics files of other games or the Mods (rFactor etc.). But it is not the topic to talk about here. Please search the web and find the way to make it.

Hope this helps. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. IceCreamKimi

IceCreamKimi New Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking at the talent files it looks like there is already a wide variety of skills for each driver.

In my current season my closest rivals already have a high "speed" and "MinRacingSkill" rating so it looks like the system is already in place. I think I didn't notice this because I have the AI difficulty set too low. I think maybe it's a case of fine tuning the AI difficulty even if it's only by 1 or 2 percent.

Thanks for pointing it out.

• Like Like x 1