1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will AMS 2 be a Steam exclusive or are Reiza looking at publishing AMS 2 on other digital platforms?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Travis, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Travis

Travis New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply @Renato Simioni!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Since the topic moved to something different than AMS2 I will leave here my 2 cents.
    Ihave nothing against new launchers or stores, etc etc, what I ask is to focus...
    Just an example, after the "indie", "greenlight" or whatever was introduced to Steam it started to be a collection of pure garbage, finding a triple A game or some old gem between pseudo-hentai games, fake RPG, odd racing games with ripped models, etc etc stopped me from buying new games...I find it confusing, I found Squad (great FPS) just reading about it on another site out of Steam, it was between other useless titles like the ones listed above because still on early-access...seriously?
    To be honest I would start to be vocal about that, Steam needs to be back to its roots....and needs to release Half-Life 3, jeez...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Installing another launcher is no big deal for me, there are other issues that can discourage people from buying exclusives from certain stores.
    If you live in US and pay in American dollars maybe it doesn't really matter where you buy since it will all be the same price, but depending on where you live and the currency & payment option you use it may be disadvantageous to buy from a specific store. Maybe buying from a certain store will be more expensive because of currency exchange, maybe that store doesn't offer payment options that suit your needs, maybe that store doesn't have sales very often and/or doesn't offer good discounts, and so forth.
    Like I said before ideally all games should be available in all stores and let people choose to buy from whatever store offers them the best deal. Personally I don't see any advantage to the customer in exclusivity deals (that applies to games and other stuff too, like movies, music, etc).

• Like Like x 1
  4. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can do what you want but that's not what all other people will do ... so e.g. I will not install EPIC launcher, because I don't want to have this spyware on my computer. Also there are some points where from my point of view EPIC is not compliant with the EU DSGVO. So if AMS would move to EPIC I would not play it anymore.
    There are other possibilities e.g. GOG where you don't need a launcher at all.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How do you know that Steam isn't spyware? What about Windows OS? Rhetorical questions, keep the tin foil hat ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

Not taking sides on this but many people were saying that Steam was spyware when it first came on the scene. I can't speak to that but I did uninstall it for a long time because it bogged my system down. Again, this was early days of Steam.

7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

For sure steam had it's issues too early on. Account security was particularly ropey iirc though I do miss the days when I could make my purchases in USD and get nearly two of them to the Pound.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

But... It's proven that epic launcher have spywares inside,
    For me epic is no go forever
    If Reiza is interested in other launcher I would think about ms store or gog, but more or less, yes for me to much account for games is problem, lesser of them is better

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Can anyone name one popular social media site, phone app or "launcher" of any sort that is not spyware (at least by the old, original definition of it)?

What exactly is Epic spying on that is any different from Google or Microsoft?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Łukasz Łażewski

Somewhere on reddit was that it (epic) did something with steam files

11. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

it goes both the exposure will only ever be a good thing for AMS2 and us users.!

more money = more licences and Development surely>?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Łukasz Łażewski

On the other hand for example future workshop support etc within one platform is good too, better stats, friend list

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marcos Gil

Marcos Gil Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be interesting if it were released for console as there are no good simulators for these platforms.

14. Ricky Scotti

Ricky Scotti Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly I prefer that they can focus on PC... console are limited for HW and also a different kind of customer.... I prefer they will improve DirectDrive FFB or features for PC users :)
    Is only my personal thought :)

15. Marc Collins

You might want to investigate some reasons why that is the case.

16. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone heard of Richard Burns Rally? Anyone heard of Assetto Corsa? Anyone heard of Project Cars 2? All available on console.

Of course its all very subjective. Marcos may not like any of the above and so may not consider them "good". He is perfectly entitled to that opinion but please can we PC elitists drop the myth that the term "console" and "simulation" are mutually exclusive.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Ricky Scotti

Ricky Scotti Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm agree with you @David Wright, I didn't want to say "Simulations are PC exclusive" at all :)
    What I would like to said was sounds more like:
    "Rezia is not an huge company, and I prefer that they can focus on a PC platform that is easier for developers and with less costs of licenses and spend 100% patching, maintaining and updating the one platform."

Of course if AMS2 can be easily migrated in Ps4 and Xbox and Switch, WHY NOT...
    From my point of view the console is not supporting all the DDs (and some extra peripheral like buttons boxes or some shifters/Handbrakes) and moreover the VR is a little bit poor compared with the PC ones :)

But as I said, is not to terms myth pc vs console.. is just my personal thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. EdwardOutcast

EdwardOutcast Cyber Driver

This is the way to go honestly, of course I play mainly on Steam but wouldn't be bad to see this on EGS, GoG and Xbox/Windows Store.

Giving the consumer choices is excellent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll be pissed if this is epic only. Renato has confirmed it's not though..

However the sums of money they give devs to go exclusive is ridiculous. In thier shoes I may probably do the same.

I either want this on both or just steam please not just epic.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Marc Collins

If you think this, why did you Disagree with my earlier post from July that said the same thing?