Install AMS to new pc from Steam

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by NBrembo, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@neal I mentioned solely running Automobilista as admin earlier.
    Just for clarity, have you left clicked once on ams.exe, then right clicked, chosen properties-compatibility-ticked the box with "run this program as administrator" and hit apply and then okay?
    None of your replies suggest so, please try it! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No sorry I haven't and I've now removed everything but haven't got around to reinstalling yet. I appreciate your suggestion but at the time I said I found it so confusing with UserData all over the place ;) so didn't try it. When I've got some time I'll have another look, but atm I'm not racing with AMS anymore so it's a lower priority. I wanted to go on it just because I missed the FFB. But again thanks for suggestions they are appreciated.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for the long delay @Salvatore Sirignano, I did eventually get to try your suggestion and it does work has all my old content and my user name setups etc. The only thing it didn't carry over was the settings for my wheel.
    So does that indicate it is some kind of permissions problem within windows itself?

Just to make it clear, I completely redid the copy from old disk to new disk using the original file structure. The only thing different this time was the suggestion to run as Admin.