Give AMS AI a little help...

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Silvano, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello fellows racers,
    We are a team on a project for AI learning, i came to this idea after talking to some coders, we were talking about "neural AI".
    So, with the help of specific algorithm, the AI will "learn" from the player, that means they will "see" what line your using, the speed in corners and so on, and AI will use the talent files to keep every AI his personality.
    Its not for tomorow but we are working on it.
    This will be only for offliners obviously and for good drivers that do good ideal line and are fast.
    Not suitable for rookies.

This app will NOT use AMS core but just be a plugin and hopefully we hope in future to cover other sim.

All this means we wont see AI that can be passed every lap on a corner because they are slow, ruining the fun and not being realistic.
    Finished also AI bumping on your back at corner entry (alltough it can happen like in real life), etc etc...
    Off course, there will be some edit possible to give the app flexibility and be commited to different drivers style.

Regards,
    Silvano

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Sounds great...would be interesting to know more or have reports about that here...
    The only part sounds odd is the one referring to improved AI not being "noob friendly"...if it will work like a neural AI it should be able to shape his behaviour based on driver skills, from rookie to alien...

• Like Like x 3
  3. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow amazing if it works. Great work matey and a win for us offline sods lol

4. Silvano

Yes your right i meant only that beginners will not have a good line so the result could be odd.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Silvano

Thanks mate ;)

6. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like a great project! With a blocking line and better blue flag behaviour the AI would be almost perfect.
    Also, there is the issue of the AI not leaving the track when they have a gearbox failure which ruins races when they drive around in a low gear..
    If these could be solved it would be marvellous!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

As said on other forums. Good luck with further development. Very curious how it turns out.:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. DaVeX

As side note...you guys still don't know what are the improvements Reiza applied to AI for AMS2 on madness engine....so...what is your work based on?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Silvano

We dont go AMS 2 route, this is for AMS 1, i guess Reiza will do the best out of it for AMS 2, i too want to see how is the AI of this sequel i have the feeling Reiza will develop AI for sure as they allways have ;)

10. Silvano

Dont put your hope too high, what your talking about is access to the system core and we dont do that, our app (if everything works good) will be just a 3rd party plugin. :)

11. DaVeX

@Silvano all good mate, just asking because you posted it on AMS2 forum section...

12. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Silvano please tag me if this was supposed to be in ams2 forum and I'll move it over.

13. Silvano

@Dave Stephenson no it is for AMS1, sorry if i was on the wrong forum before to post it here:rolleyes:

14. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

no problem, I mistyped in my post I meant to say AMS1:rolleyes: I've moved it to AMS1 forum and left a redirect for a day in the old spot.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This sounds incredible, I cannot wait.

16. Silvano

Yes me too :rolleyes:
    but lets not get carried away, this is big work and nobody knows what the future brings us.
    So lets hope for the better ;)
    I can allready tell you that applet wil be programmed in Java 3D.

Regards,
    Silvano

17. Racing Heart

Racing Heart New Member

So is this project only intended to improve AI lines/speed? I know it's early stages, but...

18. Silvano

Hi Racing Heart,
    Actually this app will only be a help for AIW speed event, it will show the track in 3D and the user can select a region where AI are not in pace and make AI be slower or faster.
    This goes for corners and straight, they will be editable. Here a example: you drive the track till you feel at home then make a race. At this point you will see that AI in a curve is too slow, so you pass the AI but on the straight he passes you and on next lap again you can pass and so on. This is just a example of getting frustrated.
    The goal is to make AI be on pace with you and if you pass a AI, you will not see him repass you on a segment where he is faster unless you do a mistake.
    So we will have a app for editing some segment speed where AI are not on pace.and this will make a hudge difference on your races.
    And the AI will be less punching your rear end because they do that mostly when they have a segment where they are clearly to fast.
    Bear in mind that tracks not having AIW files cant be edited, so some tracks in original content wont be editable.
    Of course, the AI will keep his personality and his flaws, that is why the user have to see in race where to edit and then go out to do it with the app because in practice and qualify they have a lap to the pit and they are slow in corners. Let not forget that AI are also subject to make mistake and may have some slower laps or faster (this is hardcoded).
    Some tracks AIW are nearly good allready so on these ones you will have not much to edit, maybe one corner or so.
    This app is intended for all kind of drivers, from rookies to aliens and will work for all the sims based on ISI files archtecture.

Regards,
    Silvano

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Hector

Hector New Member

Silvano.

I congratulate you on the initiative, especially if it works for all ISI-based games, in particular Race Room that has a more annoying and aggressive AI of all sims.

Keep up to date with the news!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Silvano

Thanks Hector :)
    I am not sure about R3E because its mostly encrypted but it will be investigated, as for now it will only be for Rfactor,GSC, AMS1 and Simbin sims hopefully, alltough in the last case i wonder if some of you guys still drive on GTR2 and GTL.
    Anyway, we will see as this app get born what can be done and what not.
    And yes i will keep you guys posted with some news as the project gets forward.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019