Time Trial Mode

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by geisterfahrer, Mar 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. geisterfahrer

geisterfahrer chasing the dragon AMS2 Club Member

Hi Guys, congrats to the new forum!

eagerly wating for the implementation of the time trial mode, could you please lay out your plans and the approx timeframe? make us change the time of day, too!

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Time Trial will have stactic settings so they remain the same for all players (though setup will remain available). It will be linked to online leaderboards so your best times for a particular car / combo are automatically ranked in the leaderboard as you set them. We´re also working on implementing a ghost lap system where player can race against their own best time & other players, though this remain uncertain for AMS at this point.

• Like Like x 9
  3. geisterfahrer

Thanks Renato, ghosts would be awesome. but why force us to race at a time that is the most uninteresting (aesthetically speaking)? could you guys please re-consider this - personally speaking, racing at midday is rather boring...

4. Renato Simioni

We don´t force you to do we, you can race at any time in testing, race, multi etc :) But for time trial mode we believe a standard neutral setting for all will be important.

• Like Like x 3
  5. geisterfahrer

if you let me race against my own best time (when starting a new session) I'm not forced to use the time trial mode ;) but as this is not possible at the moment - maybe there is a way to feed the delta plugin with a former best (sector) time? :p

6. s2173

s2173 New Member

Im quite interested in that feature in particular...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Will there be some kind of short-cut / track limits detection? I like time trial modes and leaderboards but they can often be exploited.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Renato Simioni

Yep we´re working on better anti-cutting systems.

• Like Like x 5
  9. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

I believe the question is can we still post times to the leaderboard in other game modes?

10. Renato Simioni

Nope, time trial mode only - the point is to ensure all ranked laps are set in equal conditions (besides setup).

• Like Like x 1
  11. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Does changing time of day affect the conditions in AMS currently?

12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I fancy, and look forward to a ghost lap system
    Will the used driving assists be registered (and in sight) in the hotlap lists?

13. geisterfahrer

not really, that's why the answer from Renato doesn't make sense to me, too ;)

14. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Well I can live with the rules that it has to all be the same for registering times but it'd be great if you could change things like time of day so that you don't get bored of an identical looking track.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to have two categories of timing, purely homologated times through Time Trial and then all the other times like in races so you can see how fast you can go with a draft or if you're just screwing around and you happen to post your best ever time its not lost because you're in qualifying instead of time trial.

15. Yapci

Yapci New Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be great to have fixed setups to, so it's all about drivers hands and nobody can blame setups or not understanding how to setup the car blablabla.

All fixed would be good for me to see who really is the fastest in the exactly same conditions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

I disagree on fixed set ups. Part of the skill of driving is knowing how to get the car to do what you want. If you know what you want it to do and there's a button to make it do it better and you can't press it because John Q Spinsalot gets cranky when he can't post a competitive time that rather guts the ideal of the timing system. It also means that people are at the mercy of the set ups that the devs create which may be totally unsuitable to their style.

If people want to experience pure parity driving skill with no car sense involved then they have plenty of cars on the roster to choose from that are basically spec and have almost no set up options. However I would think it could be easily catered to if they categorized the times, so people who're on default set up can filter that and see how they stack up against default set up. Maybe that's the best compromise, you still get to compete without ruining anyone else's party.

17. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't played Forza in years but they used to have an option in Time Trial mode to make your set-up available to other people from the leaderboard if you wanted. The other thing that would be good would be being able to view the replay for other peoples TT laps as it is a good way to learn.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ability to optionally share setup would be excellent. Also like the default setup flag/filter idea.

19. Renato Simioni

Shadows & lighting depending on time of day change referenc points. .Admitedly its a minor thing, but if we´re going for standanrd settings it´s to got to be standard all the way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Interesting argument. I can respect the detail of that position.