Problems with rearview mirrors and * .PLR file

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by BrunoDias, Nov 19, 2019.

1. BrunoDias

BrunoDias New Member

Dear,

I bought the game in October (full package) and I have 2 problems:

1- In stock cars, brands, mini, I can not see the left rearview mirror. It only appears a part, as if you need to have 3 screens in order to view the same '. Is there a way to adjust this?

2- To get around, I searched the internet and saw about 'virtual mirrors', but there is NO * .PLR file in my folder (I've searched and there are only * .ini or * .txt files, and none with my username)

Help !!

2. BrunoDias

BrunoDias New Member

No help?

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, not sure about the mirrors, but it would help if you provide some more info.... what monitor setup are you using, single or triples? Have you adjusted seat position?

2- Have you checked the Automobilista folder under you My Documents folder? PLT settings should be there under another folder with your name assigned in the game.

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

1. You have a couple of options here. Either moving your seat and/or adjusting field of view. You can do this onboard by setting keys for the seat and fov adjustment in the inputs section of the controls menu. This is useful if it's only specific cars you have an issue with.
    upload_2019-11-21_23-1-0.png
    If you find you want to globally increase how much you can see in all calls then setting a higher value for field of view in the display options is probably what you want. Click the gear icon > choose display on the bottom row and the display tab at the top and you will find the Vertical FOV option

Note though that this setting is generally adjusted to match your screen size and distance from the screen in order that things remain in perspective. higher values are like looking through a wide angled lens and will give a changed perception of distance and speed.
    upload_2019-11-21_23-4-17.png

2. Virtual mirrors do not reuire a plr file edit to enable, you can do it in the display settings. Click the gear icon > choose display on the bottom row and the display tab at the top and you will find the virtual rearview option.
    upload_2019-11-21_22-58-31.png

Of the two personally I use a low FOV and have buttons set to adjust the seat position which I need for minor adjustments for specific cars. If that is still not enough then I go with virtual mirrors.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

So now way to actually adjust the mirror angles ? Im going through each car "cockpitinfo" file and adjusting the numbers but its kind of ridiculously time consuming :(

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That would be nice if present, like in rF2.

• Agree Agree x 1