1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you, Reiza-topic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marius H, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Dear Reiza Studio's,

I was always sure of it that rFactor 2 was the pinnacle of Sim Racing. However, the lastest days I am racing in Automoblista again. Somehow it all comes together; it's the better package. The Force Feedback, the tracks, the cars, the ambiance and all the little simracing-features; like having more then one race on one weekend, and how the grip-surface of the road increases with every lap and every next session.

Hereby I want to thank you for this underrated racing simulation. My opinion has been altered and my eyes have been opened. I wish you lots of luck with AMS 2.

Yours,

Ivy.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  2. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

Sincere love guys!,

why dont you just do the effort in your 2nd finger of your right hand and give some clicking to the like icon?

Yeah AMS and RF2 are the best physics sims from time ago, and REIZA just seems , with a smaller team, to do the work more efficently, and i also think, like you, that is the whole package between those 2.

I also wish the best to these guys for the coming 2020! .....ammm and Happy New Year to all in case we dont see ya again!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marius H

Ah I was so happy and excited, but I faced a problem with Spielberg in the 620r Championship; AI out of fuel and I can't advance, cause when I press quit and I want to resume. I've to redo race 2 in Spielberg.

Gonna put another 1.5 hour innit or I've to fake out the save by manually adding the positions, race and seasonpoints. :(

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Can't you just finish the race with all the AI being DNFs? I know that shouldn't happen, but why can't you advance? Better to have a bogus race win than no continuing championship.

If something is blocking you from advancing, it would be good to figure it out.

5. Marius H

@Marc Collins I will let you know tomorrow. Just altered the savefile to 100% AI, cause 95% was way too easy. Hopefully I found out tomorrow if I can advance. I noticed the Next Session-button takes like 2 mins to pop up too. And Fanatec shiftpoints leds are not always showing. Ahh, well. I've at last fun. :D

6. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

thanks reiza for super trucks :eek::eek::D

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There have been recent issues with Fanatec hardware that caused delays and strange timing issues (as Reiza added features and updated AMS). Make sure you have the latest drivers and update to AMS! If there is a problem that is reproduceable, let us know. Others can test also. All the issues I had with mine were resolved with the latest AMS update, but we an't test everything. The shift LEDs are a straight give-away though. That should not be happening if all is sorted.

8. Marius H

@Marc Collins

Ahh, finally after 3 tries I finally could advance forward to race Adeleide. Too bad I won't stay in UK. I was imagining myself to be a amateur Caterham-racer, hehe.

Anyway 100% AI is a real blast. No more easy peasy first place, but midpack around 10th and won race 2 to as 5th. (race on as 1 cause Ai pitted) I am sweaty. My back is soaked and my (hand)shoes same. Love it.

I've the game updated and such. Perhaps my AMS-documents folder is too old. It's still from when I used it in 2016, hehe. Lastest beta Fanatec drivers.

I noticed the AI 620r Caterham pitted in the first race, and some out of fuel in second race. I am using realistic settings, 30 mins races, etc.

Thank you again for this piece of art. I am going to bed :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marius H

The more I race the Caterham the more I appreciate the amazing feedback and the physics. I have all the others sims in my library but I keep coming back to AMS. I am really looking forward to AMS 2's force feedback.

Can't imagine how the FFB must feel with a DD. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  10. NicoulaH

NicoulaH New Member AMS2 Club Member

feels amaziiiiinng !

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Marius H

I bet it indeed does. Yesterday I was doing Brand Hatch International/ Grandprix or so. On the exit of the 4th corner (to the left) there's some fresh asphalt laying on the road. I could feel the difference between the new and old one, and even felt where the 'border' is.

Hopefully AMS 2 is gonna be AMS but better. Not only graphically but also FFB and Physics-wise. Not too graphically demanding, tho. Just clean

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Marius H

Nearly 1 month later.... I finally finished the default 620r championship. I had a blast. It was fun and learned a lot. I really loved the feeling of driving the Caterham on English tracks, like I am a real amateur racer. Sometimes things went strange like AI and me out of fuel, crazy stuff in Adeleide, on some tracks I was really outpacing a 100% AI. In overal I had lots of fun. Best FFB out of the box, best atmosphere, best package. Can't wait for AMS 2, and I will hopefully drive AMS1 from time to time.

This topic can be locked cause my love for Reiza is endless <3

• Like Like x 4