1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta, streaming? YouTube?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by kekke2000, Feb 26, 2020.

1. kekke2000

kekke2000 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you allowed to stream the beta and put videos on Youtube? I am talking about the Early Access campaign.

Edit: I found it

"Policy for Youtube videos and other media

While we won´t try block Youtube videos or screenshots from AMS2 Beta from being posted outside this forum, if you do chose to post media of AMS2 Beta in social media or other forums, we´d ask you to please exercise restraint, specially when showcasing parts of the game that are known to be unfinished.

When posting media from AMS2 Beta please make sure to highlight this is a pre-release beta version of the game

Streaming on the other hand is NOT allowed and will be flagged if it comes to our attention."

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. kekke2000

4. r.ruiz86

r.ruiz86 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is that a secret too?

5. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we should spread the message, although there will be people who are going to stream or upload footage nonetheless.

6. r.ruiz86

I sincerely hope so, there isn't a lot of info out there.

7. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the point is they want to spread the message when they are ready for public release as otherwise there is a risk people see a negative and remember / focus on that rather than taking into account the fact it is beta. It is easier to loose peoples interest than to get people on side.
    Just read what Renato said and it should be clear. No one can force you but if you want to support the developers and allow them to make the best game possible then people should respect what they ask us to do.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. EsxPaul

EsxPaul New Member

Is there a way to read the advice given out regarding this subject. I don't have to appropriate access to read the links posted here.

Thanks

9. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

its in the post above yours

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. EsxPaul

EsxPaul New Member

Whoops, my mistake. Thank you.

11. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

then it will be no problem EsxPaul. As you cannot read the original post, you have no beta access.
    And therefor you also cannot share any beta video ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. EsxPaul

EsxPaul New Member

You are absolutely correct.

My reason for enquiring was that I know of more than one prominent YouTube streamers that have explicitly stated that they intend to stream AMS2 upon its Beta release. That was after my asking them if it was under any kind of embargo until the official public release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game muscle and Mike said they would. Not sure about Jimmy though.

14. kekke2000

I understand why they don't want it to be too exposed. People are idiots and love jumping band wagons. Some flight sim gameplay was leaked recently and the "pilot" was terrible. It did look like an iPhone game when he played it. That fed the "it's not a real sim" people even though you can make any sim look like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. kekke2000

Policy for Youtube videos and other media

While we won´t try block Youtube videos or screenshots from AMS2 Beta from being posted outside this forum, if you do chose to post media of AMS2 Beta in social media or other forums, we´d ask you to please exercise restraint, specially when showcasing parts of the game that are known to be unfinished.

When posting media from AMS2 Beta please make sure to highlight this is a pre-release beta version of the game

Streaming on the other hand is NOT allowed and will be flagged if it comes to our attention.

16. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Hope Game Muscle will avoid to stream about the game, he released a vid a week ago and talking about AMS he said it was basically rFactor and no more (and we know how much Reiza reworked the ISI code for their needs). I can already figure how much damage will bring if GM, knowing anything about AMS2 development, will say something "it feels like a pCARS mod, like AMS1 felt like an rFactor mod"....all the PC2 haters will kill Reiza game without trying it...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. r.ruiz86

GM is the one I'm looking forward to watching tonight to see what the state of the game is. He always makes a great effort to configure the games and tries a lot of combinations. Reiza has wanted to remain quiet on everything, so any coverage will help them in the end. Your lack of faith is a bit perplexing. When's the last time Reiza released something subpar?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I said just the opposite, Reiza never released something subpar but some streamers depicted their work with AMS just like an rF mod. GM did this the last week talking about AMS, hope he doesn't the same with AMS2 describing it as a PC2 mod.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For me it is very simple:
    Reiza wrote that they don't like us to stream/show footage of AMS 2 beta, so I will not show footage of AMS 2 beta - like I do not spread any news written here in the Reiza51 forum section.
    I do not understand why it is so hard to help Reiza in this situation and just fulfill their wish or follow their plea.
    Yeah, surely I could win new subscribers to my (small) channel by showing some beta footage but I would feel guilty/bad because I didn't fulfill/follow Reiza's wish/plea.
    I know - I'm very redundant but it's hard for me to write this down in english. (German fellow simracer here.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's all bout the likes. That's the world nowadays. It's either go with the flow, be one of them or don't use social media as one and be labeled as a lone wolf which is gonna kill people someday. :p