Automobilista EA bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ion

ion New Member

Track & Layout Used: Salvador
    Car Used: Marcas
    Applicable Settings: Racedepartement race
    Report: Game decided that it had to repair damage. I did turn it off during race after i hit a wall, but then you get this"box is ready msg" when there are still 6 laps left, so i pressed the button to not box and pressed it again when it was necessary. So it resets the "repair rule"?, but the tire rule (change only front tires) didn't change as far as i can tell.

2. IceCreamKimi

IceCreamKimi New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Curitiba
    Car Used: FReiza
    Applicable Settings: x7 tire wear, 75% AI strength (don't judge me :()
    Report: AI Cars lose the plot and do donuts instead of racing. They can't rejoin the race because they just keep going in circles. Restarted the race 4 times and the same thing kept happening.

I have a replay file of one of the races where I come to a stop on the second lap to watch the chaos. Maybe on the first lap I may have contributed to some cars spinning out but I admit nothing. :)

Would uploading the replay file allow you to see the problem or does the replay file contain any sensitive info?

3. IceCreamKimi

Sorry, the track was Cordoba, not Curitiba

4. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer, while on Practise (didn't tried on Qualy, but should happen as well)
    Report: When using DynHud widgets like the DeltaTimingWidget, TimingWidget and TimeCompareWidget, when someone leaves or joins the session, these widgets gets 'confused' or not functional at all for the lap that you're current doing. After you finish the lap, they start working again.
    Steps to reproduce: Use the widgets, join a MP session. Go to track and while on a valid lap, someone joins or leaves the session: the widgets will stop working immediately!

5. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos GP 2015
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer

Report: Reconnaissance laps isn't working properly. I activated the Reconnaissance Lap on PLR file and setted the pit open timer for 600 seconds and time to reach the grid after the pit closes to 300 seconds. When we reach 6min05sec of pit open, the server restarts, like if we've finish a race.

Steps to reproduce: Open a server and reproduce the things that I said above

6. Mat Kane

Mat Kane Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Historic
    Car Used: Retro
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer, practice session.

Report: Discovered during a pickup event online - I lost the tail coming out of Curva 4/Junção and speared off the left side of the track, hitting the fence. I received an instant DQ from the event. Also happened to another competitor in the same session.

Steps to reproduce: Attempt same maneuver (?)

7. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: VeloCitta
    Car Used: F-Vee
    Applicable Settings: online race, 21 players
    Report: graphical glitch: the front tires have a wrong color. They are fine at the beginning of the replay, then change color in the second half. Could it be my computer missing some memory?
    Steps to reproduce: loading the replay…

AMS 2016-05-05 17-49-42-39.jpg

8. Kendal

Kendal New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: Formula Extreme
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer listening server
    Report: HDV mismatch for client everytime joining server. A friend of mine and I have uninstalled, deleted both steam game and my documents automobilista folder and done fresh install, same problem. We both only use the exact same car .dds and .veh mod, no other custom files.

Steps to reproduce: start game, host a multiplayer server with F-Extreme, ask a friend to join, when he enters the game he get kicked for HDV mismatch.

9. David Nicolás

David Nicolás New Member AMS2 Club Member

Please in the F-Extreme is not the color of the wheels of the pilots, always looks the same color. They will solve this problem? There are many leagues Formula 1 we use your game and we are not happy about it. Thank you for your work.

10. Guilherme Borghezani

Guilherme Borghezani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

two graphics bugs that do not know if were fixed in beta
    first, cars that have windshield, on several tracks appears a white triangles in front
    second, the new skies are awesome, however, appear with wrong horizon in some occasions

11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Could you explain this a bit more, maybe a screenshot to help illustrate it?

12. Marcos Furriel

Marcos Furriel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer, all sessions.
    Report: When someone joins or leaves the server, the new DynHud stops and the screen freezes for few seconds (1s to 2s). The drivers names on Hud always get confused too. My name is switched for another driver in Map or Standings for example.
    Steps to reproduce: Join a MP session. Go to track and while on a valid lap, wait for someone joins or leaves the session.

13. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout: Any
    Car: Any
    Applicable Settings: All sessions
    Report: The native HUD reports incorrect sector split times for sector 2. Currently it's reporting
    Code:
    sector2_split = current_sector2_time - last_sector2_time
    This results in an error margin of exactly 'sector1_split'. The correct sector 2 split time should be calculated as follows
    Code:
    sector2_split = (current_sector2_time - current_sector1_time) - (last_sector2_time - last_sector1_time)
    This will give the true delta for the sector.

14. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: F-extreme
    Applicable Settings: Relative Fuel Strategy="0"
    Report: Although you can't set fuel for the pit-stop stategy the tank is emptied when i make one.
    I can't add fuel but they can take it away?
    Steps to reproduce: set Relative Fuel Strategy="0" in .PLR file

15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It´s the combination of powerful car + high tire wear multiplier (which in the case of the F-Reiza is already very high even without multipliers) + low strength level (which is basically a grip multiplier) which gets the AI in an extreme they can´t handle Kimi, if you change any of those variables to a less extreme end it should be fine. I know it´s not a solution but it´s how it is.

Skies are fixed in the next build. Can you post a screenie of the windshield issue you refer?

Is the MFD refuelling level set to 0 when you pit? If yes that´s how relative fuel=0 works, you´ll leave the pits with the fuel level you set it to in the MFD. Best to leave relative fuel=1 as per the default setting.

Native HUD, not DynHUD?

This is using a custom VEH then? Do you also have the problem with original VEHs? If not that would suggest an error with the custom VEH.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Report of three problems:

1 - Formula 3 - It has been said, but the maximum fuel 40L does not run a race 30minutes (Example: Goiânia);
    2 - Formula 3 - Bug in cameras, except cockpit view and tv cam (at least in the replay so);
    3 - Formula Retro - Refuelling is permitted in Practice, Qualy and Race, what I remember, it was not allowed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, I don't know what MFD means, I think it is strange when you can't add fuel it's possible to take it away.

18. Guilherme Borghezani

ok, coming home I take screenshot

19. IceCreamKimi

Thanks for the explanation, makes perfect sense. Since I used to have to use a game controller to play I had assists on which allowed me to set the AI to a higher level. Guess that's why I never saw this happen before.

Now that I have my first wheel, all assists are off but I need to build my skill up so that's why my AI setting is so low.

20. Guilherme Borghezani

English:
    this is the video , white triangles bug on screen

portuguese: resolvi gravar um vídeo pra explicar melhor, veja nas árvores os triângulos, to usando graficos no full, AA em 8x multisample e sweet fx on, acontece com a maioria dos carros com parabrisa e na maioria das pistas (se não, todas), uma hora mais fraco, outra mais forte, não acontecia no GSC
    baixa e assiste, no preview em qualidade baixa não fica tão perceptível
    gravei com o fraps, mas da pra sacar e ver no WMP

AMS 2016-05-12 23-05-53-77

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.