If you could improve ONE thing in AMS what would it be?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Msportdan, May 13, 2016.

?
  1. More Car content

7.8%
  2. More Track content

11.8%
  3. Graphics (UI. shadows, textures etc)

21.6%
  4. Audio (car in/out audio etc)

2.0%
  5. AI (better attacking defensive awareness etc)

24.5%
  6. Online ranking servers systems

21.6%
  7. Offline championships

4.9%
  8. Usability of AMS (updates, controls, settings etc)

5.9%
  9. Cost of memberships/Cost of AMS

0.0%
  10. Developer updates, communication and news interaction.

0.0%
  1. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

Just to clarify my reasoning for a GT3 car set........
    I know that the online community is a lot smaller than the offline players, however, after running a league for 4 years now (3 of them with Reiza sims) the same question comes up time and again from the drivers...can't we get GT cars.
    It makes the racing much more intense when different models are used that require different setups to achieve the same lap time. All drivers have a favorite car make etc. and everyone driving the exact same car is kind of boring after 3 seasons or so.
    Look at the picture at the bottom of this post and tell me you don't wanna drive something like that against an Audi or Ferrari!!! :p
    The content is great, but choices are the main attraction when it comes to race time. I promise you, if we could somehow get a set of GT (Mixed cars), the game would really take off.;)

2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Where is the picture?

3. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

In my signature

4. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

it would have to be several made up cars resembling the real ones like the boxer. though? I like the fact ams sticks with single make series, i like the "down to the driver "pov of it all not just the better car and team.

5. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

Voted ranking system, as I'm satisfied with almost everything else. They shouldn't put too much ressources into graphics etc. when they're going to use a different engine in Reiza17 anyway. And the content we have and are going to get is superb.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Voted for the AI, it's the one thing that's stopping me from full enjoyment at the moment. Whilst it is great fun to throw the SuperV8 (not really tried the other cars...yet!) around when it comes to racing I feel myself longing for RF2-like AI and end up returning to that for my fix.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's pretty invalid argument if you are talking about GT3 only, they have BoP. Building a good car is also part of racing anyway, otherwise we could just watch marathon instead.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I also voted for Usability and I would like to clarify a few of my reasons for doing so to give so feedback on why I did so.

Usability is much improved from GSC, but there are still a few more small changes that I would like to see implemented:
    1) Allowing the user to change race formation starts, regardless of the type of car/truck that is being used at will, without needing to modify the CCH file for the particular Season. Fast Rolling starts tend to be of particular frustration for me and it seems to default as this in many cases.
    2) Not being able to close out the game via the proper menu system when transitioning from a Warm-up session to the Race session has several times caused me the need to restart a Season or damage my entire season standings.
    3) This has already been stated, but I'd like to express my desire to see this implemented as well: Having more information in-game for each of the cars, such as the standard types of transmissions, assists (if used in professional races for the particular car), etc.

9. Msportdan

This unfortunately is me in a nutshell I've sorta gone back to rf2 for its ai. Also I tried their formula retro and it was pretty lovely. Isi new outlook for releasing cars is quite promising and also I read that they're very eager now to update the old cars physics tyres etc.

10. Marcos Furriel

Marcos Furriel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see the "Rejoin" option for a Multiplayer Race. It's very frustrating get connection lost on Endurance event.

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

lol I was just talking about this with Marcel in RD Automobilista Development Update
    He is the creator of the rejoin plugin for rF and he works with Reiza

12. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

I voted for AI because AMS is a great offline sim and better AI to compete with the changes made by ISI to rF2 would be great.

Everything else is securely covered by the dev roadmap and I can't think of much... except I dunno... sounds, as in their sounds are so great what would happen if they made them even better? Probably blow R3E out of the water is my guess.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Scorpean

Scorpean New Member

Hello All. I would like to see more popular real world tracks. I am only familiar with a few of the tracks currently in the SIM like Interlagos and Curitiba and they are awesome.

14. REM1976

REM1976 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

Graphics for me. AMS is superior to every other sim, except for this.

15. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

3 things that I can't decide between:
    1) Nordschleife
    2) Proper LMP1 car (aka: Spa under 2 minutes easily possible) with realistic hybrid system
    3) Graphics

16. Msportdan

i just realised i didn't add to the option of

• Physics, handing and ffb

but i think we all know were AMS stans. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Member AMS2 Club Member

I've already said this but if the ai could draft and pass properly that would be awesome!

18. Msportdan

paul I think they do against eachother but ive yet to be passed by an ai myself, they seem to back off. :(

19. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure they do either... Had a quick race last night on VIR and the car in front had the run on the car in front of him... Could see him closing then he taps the break.... This is the one thing that reminds me I'm not racing humans more than anything else.... @Renato Simioni is there anything that can be done about this or is it beyond what can be achieved?