Question about the graphics please

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Kostis Vigos, May 10, 2016.

1. REM1976

REM1976 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

Certainly the lighting could be better in Automobilista. Live For Speed is hardly cutting edge, but their lighting is now much better than Automobilista.

Also, there are far too many primary colours in Automobilista. Pure reds, yellows and blues, these don't really exist in real life. Colours should be toned down.

Collisions are still very poor. Cars feel like sticky wire models. When you get too close, cars stick together. It is not accurate and needs to be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. REM1976

REM1976 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

I hate this cliche being trotted out all the time. Of course the graphics matter, it is immersion. Automobilista's graphics are looking very poor alongside Assetto Corsa, etc. It is 2016. There is no excuse anymore.

3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

If you can't pass on it, just quit playing it...simple...for me looks good even for 2016 standards...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Correct, there is no excuses. But there is a fact, the fact is Reiza being a small studio doing something based on a engine from years ago that is basically an update to a previous game for free.
    Did I mention "small studio"?
    Did I forget the "for free" part?

Wait for their next sim and if they mess up in this part you can complain as much as you want (I sure will do it too) but for AMS... less complaints and more driving please. :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

Well... for an engine that came out in 2005 I think it's pretty good. To compare to current gfx engines is like trying to compare an apple and an orange.

6. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Sorry guys, do you know how pMotor handle specular and bump textures?

7. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The graphics are that bad its not immersive? I think maybe you should stick to AC and PC then. Also, I use a Simsteering2 DD wheel which likes good physics and is why I prefer Automobilista over Rfactor 2.

8. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

But rF2 is the next gen from AMS.
    Does it have bad physics in comparison? No.
    Have Reiza done a great job to extend the life of the last gen ISI engine? YES.

I look forward to what they can make when their next sim hits the virtual shelves. So much talent in this team

9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We agree graphics matter. We think other stuff matter more. We allocate the resources we have to what we feel is most important to the product we want to make. Those who agree with those priorities buy the product, enjoy it and help fund further developments - if there are enough of those we can push to compromise less in future products. That´s how these things tend to work.

For the record I believe AMS graphics are perfectly fine and serve the purpose very well, I have no problems jumping from AC (which I agree looks fab) to AMS; many others appear to be able to so no excuses owed here. You appear to have different standards for graphics and that´s perfectly fine - people are afterall wired in different ways. Luckily there are several other sims with a more modern graphics engine & other priorities with their own plus and cons. Enjoy what you like but spare us of the demeaning tone - you don´t get to set the standard for what´s good for anyone but yourself :)

• Like Like x 7
  10. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Last week I did show AMS to some friends that have a virtual racing center, they only play rfactor 2 in their simulators, and in there opnion they prefer the AMS graphics, not bad for a older engine.

11. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

Another thing to consider........Not everyone can afford top of the line hardware. AMS delivers, even on older machines and graphic cards which is a big plus.
    I wish the guys would spend more time driving than complain about which game has the BEST graphics. Who cares anyway? Play the game or don't, simple.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's always the same set of people who complain about the graphics. If they had done some research on the sim, they would see that Reiza have always been up front about the limitations of the engine

13. Will Mazeo

Let's be honest rF2 is so lacking on visual aspect if you don't have a mega PC it's not hard for anything to beat that on graphics ;) heck just start P Cars with all on medium and turn off the useless extra visual effects and it still look better than rF2 on full :D (on low will probably look better too, didn't check when I had it installed, when I saw the comparison on medium was enough for me xD)

Look, this is the kind of excuse that is pure BS.
    I too don't have money for top end stuff yet. But you don't need it to run modern graphics. I have a core i3 2100 with a 1gb XFX HD 7850 I can run AC and P Cars just fine, in P Cars I can even run in the night with heavy rain and max car grid with stable fps, and the most interesting part is that the fps difference between this and clear daytime is like 5~10 fps when all cars are together. I also can run 40 URD cars in rF2 just fine.
    I say get a used core i5 from second generation and above and an old AMD card above R7 260x (or HD series equivalent. I don't recomend Nvidia for older cards, not a fan of their tactics to force people to get new ones...) and you are well served.
    People always have very wrong concepts about performance and hardware...

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  14. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

That's my point. I use a GT430 - 1gb card and run most things on high, no problem.

15. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r New Member

I just love graphics from AMS! It makes it somehow unique :) I am just waiting for driver animations in the cockpit and it's gonna be a perfect sim for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You know what, I was racing again on AMS on Saturday night and had an intense race with unreal FFB and connection to the road, During the race we started with a formation lap and during the race the pace car came out under yellow flag conditions. I finished the race sweating with a few great racing battles and guess what not once did I look around and say jeez I wish that had better shadows on that and this. great Graphics are cool but if the game play and physics and sound are poor then I think I will stick to AMS for now and be completely satisfied. I have played 1300 hours of Assetto but when I go back to it now I just go meh

17. Will Mazeo

You all sound like even if mainstream graphics would help to have like 200k+ owners and 3k active players per hour you'd still refuse it xD it's ok if you guys want to stay in your small world but don't wish that for Reiza... they deserve to grow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no one is saying Reiza shouldn't have fancy graphics just that they are perfectly happy with it the way it is (as am I).
    Personally I get on with AMS/RF2/AC all equally and love different things from those different Sims, the constant need to compare in this community (Sim community in general that is) about anything & everything is beyond pointless - just get on and race!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Will Mazeo

Some people actually did it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and seem to want it to continue as it is even in next sim.
    As I said above: complaining about graphics on current sim is just dumb. Waiting for what they do in the next one (please!!! UE4!!) :D
    I too am fine with this visual, tho I wish all cars and tracks had the same care as the Boxer Cup, they don't seem to visually. Patriot did a shader test that made the (WIP) GT3 cars look more like it than the Stock V8 for example. IMO
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r New Member

Where did you get this car? :D