Having problems to record gameplay - low fps

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Eduardo Mennocchi, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Eduardo Mennocchi

Eduardo Mennocchi Racecar driver wannabe AMS2 Club Member

Guys,
    Not sure if this is the best place to post this message, but here it goes:

- Previously I had a GeForce GTX 670 and using Dxtory I was able to capture videos in 1920x1080 at 30 fps without any issue (I've even captured several AMS videos during beta release)
    - Now I've upgraded to a GeForce GTX 970 and using latest driver (364.51) from Nvidia.com, every time I try to capture a video in 1920x1080, FPS are reduced to stable 14-16 fps.
    - When I'm not capturing videos, I'm able to watch replays at 150-300 fps.
    - The issue is definitely not the HD, since I'm recording in a SSD.
    - I've already tried using Fraps and even other codes inside Dxtory, but the issue persists.

Any ideas?

;)

2. William Wester

William Wester New Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't help as I use Shadowplay (GTX980), this seems to have the least amount of impact on resources. I assume you've used it?

3. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same card and on my system and the Reiza defaults work... but I found the same problem as your report. After this tweak I can cap with FRAPS at 30 fps with no affect to the game. In fact my FPS never drops below 120 fps with full grids, amazing as that seems.

Try this but you need to edit your PLR file.

[ Graphic Options ]

Max Framerate="-120" // 0 to disable, for regular exe only, see multiplayer.ini for dedicated server framerate, new: use negative values for alternate timing

You cant set this from the UI as it is unfortunately not supported.