Help creating a onlinerace

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Greggo30, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Greggo30

Greggo30 New Member

I'm new to AMS and PC gaming and want to create an online game with my mates. I tried the create game menu in multiplayer but the game wouldn't show up on their games. I've read about ports and stuff like that but still very confused. I would very much appreciate any help with this?

2. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah from what I remember you have to read those forum threads and open the correct threads mate, that's it. No easy solution, but it does work once done. They have to too.

3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Opening ports (port forwarding) is relatively simple, but sometimes it doesn't work and each router has its own way of doing it.

In my case, I have always been unable to host a server in AMS1 because my ISP is an ass. I portforwarded the required ports on my router, but they were still closed to external traffic. Called the ****ing ISP assholes and asked them to open the ports. They said that they had performed the procedure, but the ports still were not accepting incoming traffic, so I simply gave up.

The solution I found to play with my brother was to host a LAN server and use Hamachi to connect us, you could try setting it up with your buddies. 99,99% chance it is going to work flawlessly.