Automobilista - EA v0.9.3 Released, now up to v0.9.36

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Right you are - and here´s why predicting timelines generally isnt a good idea :p

Montana and Speedland are in beta already in fact, will be in the next beta build.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Renato Simioni

We´ve verified a bug with floating opponent cars in multiplayer so we´ve just commited another small update to address it. They may still appear floating in saved replays from multiplayer sessions, this will be fixed in the next update.

Build v0.9.36:
    • Fixed bug causing opponent cars to appear "floating" in multiplayer
    • Fixed Boxer Cup championship mode to load the correct series
    • DynHUD: Fixed multiview support for MapWidget
    • Slightly tweaked AI performance for F-Extreme, F-3 & Boxer Cup

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was just going to report the floating cars in multiplayer, that was quick :D
    Please tell me once AMS is released you plan to update the game at a time like 8am CET when is less likely a league is running

4. Renato Simioni

We generally update early thursdays or fridays, unless there´s some urgent fix as in this case, and then it goes out whenever is ready - precisely so people don´t have to suffer any more league races with floating cars :)

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  5. Will Mazeo

Well yeah but if someone need to do a quick restart in the warm up and his game update he can't come back so I think the guy would rather race with floating cars :D lucky it was just a test race to check the dedi tool in EEC server :)
    One of our drivers reported a fps issue linked to FFB btw (Driving Force GT), I'll tell him to report in bug thread

6. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Does he still get it when using 180Hz instead of 360Hz?

8. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please please please allow somewhere in the server settings to be able to rejoin during a race and in the warmup. Please make it an option, its up to us that run the servers whether we allow this or not, way too many guys games are crashing and they cannot re-join, it is really leaving a bitter taste in peoples mouths now.

Edit: will make this a separate thread

9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I report a fps issue maybe linked to FFB, I get it when using 360hz, less with 180hz...but I was used to race at 360hz with my G27...

10. denis dracup

denis dracup Active Member AMS2 Club Member

v0.9.36 still can not get boxer in championship mode UI says needs a car.. all the other cars ok

11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

12. Will Mazeo

he said changing to 180 and skip updates=3 helped but he'd need more tests to see if it was 100% fixed

• Like Like x 1
  13. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim Member

@Renato Simioni
    Could you please tell us more about the f3 changes? more details about the revised tyres :)

14. Will Mazeo

@Renato Simioni question: why the engine wear widget works in qualify but not in race? Is it intended or a bug?

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm, for the first time ever, I am now getting the crash on exit problem. Then Steam will not close because it says AMS is still running. AMS is not running in Task Manager. Only way to get back into AMS or to exit Steam is to reboot the computer.

16. Will Mazeo

killing the wheel process should allow you close Steam or restart AMS. It's called LWEmon.exe
    If you have a logitech wheel just open the profiler before opening AMS and it will be ok.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for tip. How do you then get the Logi monitor back without rebooting? Seems like reboot is needed either way?

EDIT: I had disabled the start on reboot of LWEMon, but it was an active process when I looked at your post after crashing out of AMS. I ended the task and yes, Steam would exit normally. However, my G25 wheel now shows up incorrectly as a DFGT.

I restarted the WingMan profiler manually from the apps menu and the wheel still shows up as DFGT. I will try rebooting with LWEMon enabled, but this is bizarre. I use the G25 pedals and shifter console as a secondary controller, with a Fanatec wheel. If the G25 doesn't show-up as a G25, then none of the buttons will work rendering it useless. I have no idea how that could occur just as a result of ending the task. Nor do I know how or why LWEMon was running in the first place if start was disabled. I have never run it manually. Will go reboot now...

Rebooting did nothing.

Updated to latest Windows 10 Logi software and now Steam no longer locks, but AMS still crashes on exit.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  18. Will Mazeo

Idk... I have a DFGT and I have always used a very old profiler from 2010 (5.10) works good and I don't see the need to update :D

19. Tommi

Tommi Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the updates, Reiza team.
    The AI behavior on VIR has now been greatly improved and no longer ruins the race.
    Especially, the improved AI stability works nicely, and I have an impression that the major AI issue has gone. (There is still a small issue on another track. I'll report it later.)
    As always, thanks again to the dev team for listening to the community and the continued support. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Wait...I can't found any update for g25/g27, something is wrong here, the only drivers are 5.10 ones...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.