Quality Work !

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Joe Cole, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Joe Cole

Joe Cole New Member

i just bought AMS after years of underestimating it. rf2 is my "buggy" sim i have been running sense 2016. after driving this and installing mods from race department AMS is my new primary sim. hopefully AMS2 has this type of quality and i'll keep buying your software.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Welcome mate!
    Better late than never!

3. Joe Cole

Joe Cole New Member

LOL, yeah i got lots of catching up to do.

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Joe Cole. Welcome aboard. I made the same switch a month or 2 ago.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wilson Santos

Wilson Santos Member

It rocks!

6. dene

dene New Member

Yes, AMS is excellent. I got gt3 mod Ferrari 458 with 29 AIs in Cascavel circuit yesterday... and my holy god, what a race it was! Permanent battling, a lot of fights for positions and changes. I really hope that devs implement AMS AI to the second part of this sim.

• Like Like x 2
  7. dene

dene New Member

Another thing, I run AMS on 4K and graphics is... nice. Little improvement of graphical settings and AMS is just good looking sim :) ...my best experience from last time is Johannesburg historical circuit in dusk conditions, there was "silky" sky colours and something like fog and it was magical with cars lights on :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joe Cole

Joe Cole New Member

the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup mod from EEC is incredible. I was hauling arss around Road Atlanta. This sim is so good it makes me want to delete AC for more AMS mod space.

9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Sometimes I dream the guys behind SOL and AC shaders patch will fall in love with AMS and apply the same magic on AMS graphic engine with some help from Reiza they could have the RFE plugin code (for rain races)...
    Would be great if someone talented would give a second life to AMS...so many mods and such a quality SIM....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Cole

Joe Cole New Member

Yeah, makes no sense to me why they waste time on AC over AMS. It's superior in so many ways....... Frankly i'm embarrassed i let the world know i have AC installed on my PC.:)

11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS 1 is indeed a gem. I just played it today for 2 hours again. F-Trainer at Donington. 105% AI. Had a blast. Fights, and much more. Only downside was that the AI loves to ram you here and there. They are really stubborn. Sometimes I had to brake a bit early, cause of my own faults or because of the AI in front of me. The AI behind you won't brake properly and ram you. Anyway. Still have fun <3 AMS 1 + AMS 2 are the only sims I've installed at the moment. I am sure someday I will remove AMS 1 in favour of AMS 2. The AI is so good. Defo the best in all the sims.

12. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

I’m new here and looking forward to AMS2. I downloaded AMS1 recently and I don’t think I’m getting the best out of it graphically. My graphics are poor but when I 1st started the game I THINK I clicked on 32bit (can this be changed? If so how?). I’ve set it to ultra in game as my pc is new and decent set up. I use the thrustmaster ts-xw wheel.
    any tips on getting more out of it is most appreciated

many thanks in advance
    Baz

13. Joe Cole

Joe Cole New Member

yeah i know, AI does ram from behind my biggest complaint about AMS. Same thing with AC AI too. This is why rf2 is the best sim for AI racing until something better comes along. It's actually impressive how good rf2 AI awareness is. I haven't tried AMS2 yet, so i can't say about it's AI, but it's good to hear your dig on it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  14. Joe Cole

Joe Cole New Member

don't know, i just installed it, don't remember a 32bit option. It's a dx9 sim so lighting isn't as good as AC for example. Just uninstall it and do it in 64bit. If your using 64 bit windows that is.

15. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

Just downloaded this the other day. Love it!! Driving feel is as good as RF2, and it runs great on my old PC.

• Agree Agree x 1