1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec Shifter SQ v1.5 doesn’t work in sequential mode

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by James Lee GTE, Apr 1, 2020.

1. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Hi all and congrats on the early access release it’s amazing !
    AMS2 has the same silly bug PC2 had where it recognises the shifter in edit assignments menu, I can map gears up and down to the sequential shifter, but as soon as you jump in the car you can’t sequentially shift gears with the Fanatec Shifter SQ v1.5 and it auto reverts back to the paddles on the Fanatec wheel.
    Is there ever going to be a fix for this or will it be the same as PC2 where they never fixed it. I haven’t tried h pattern but I’m guessing that will work like it did in PC2.
    This was the feature I was most curious about and tried out first to see if had been fixed from the madness engine, but sadly not.
    Please please fix for us Fanatec drivers.
    Many thanks

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Dagon94

Dagon94 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Also noticed this, I cant even Assign the gears manually...it always says "Multiple input detected".
    Guess we have to wait for a fix :)

3. Ben3445

Ben3445 New Member

I'm having the same issue as well, I hope it's fixed soon as it's a real immersion killer.

Apart from that, the sim is awesome! Great job guys

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the report! It's on the to do list. We will get there.

@Dagon94, it seems you have another input (gear stick maybe) pressed while trying to assign that. Does this also appear when you try to assign any other inputs?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dagon94

Dagon94 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Now that you say it, it could be my Heusinkveld Pro Pedals causing multiple inputs...all pedals have loadcells...wich kind of Always show an input in DIVIEW.
    What is wierd is that i didnt have an issue when trying to assign buttons like Pitlimiter etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Me too.
    Hopefully it will quick fixed.

7. Torbjørn Mundal

Torbjørn Mundal New Member AMS2 Club Member

If you open Fanatec wheel property and check "map sequential shifter to the shifter paddles"
    then it works :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Gerardo

Gerardo Member

Also the pedals dead zone don't work. :D

9. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you guys confirm that this solves the issue?

10. Torbjørn Mundal

Torbjørn Mundal New Member AMS2 Club Member

It solves the problem for those with Fanatec steering wheel base, because this allows the SQ1.5 to output the same signal as the paddles on the steering wheel, so the game sees the same inputs whether using paddles on the steering wheel or sq1.5 in sq mode

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. James Lee GTE

You are my new hero! Thank you so much for responding. It works ! I now can use shifter in AMS2 and PC2 all thanks to you and I also no longer need to re edit assignments in RF2 AC or R3E dependent on car I drive. This is so simple and so amazing ! I honestly can’t thank you enough and now at last I can drive the super v8’s in both AMS2 and PC2, I’m beyond happy !

12. James Lee GTE

Morning Heitor it 100% works! I can now sequentially shift in AMS2 with the fanatec shifter on a fanatec wheel base! This has made my day because now I can drive the super v8’s properly and I love it! I Love the AMS2 community !

• Like Like x 2
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bricktop

Bricktop New Member

My shifter doesnt work doing this and neither do the paddles on the wheel. Formula f1 carbon does not play friendly with this title. I can map paddles in other games and can even map them in the settings but just wont shift gears. I had this with beta and in early access too. Works fine with my bmw gt3 rim (in beta not tried early access yet) any ideas? Sequential shifter works with gt3 rim too. Really dont want to have to throw more money at fanatec! Podium dd2 wheelbase btw.

15. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great stuff mate thanks a lot!

16. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks mate, super helpful!

17. Turco

Turco Member AMS2 Club Member

It doesn't work with the fanatec universal hub

18. James Lee GTE

It works with my fanatec universal hub and drift wheel, McLaren rim and the P1 PlayStation Rim and on each of the three separate settings I’ve put in my wheel base. Im using the csl elite PS4 edition with elite LC pedals and fanatec handbrake and everything works once I press the radio button in the fanatec properties page. It’s also working for all the other sims I have - RF2, R3E, PC2, DR2.0 and AC. I don’t need to use separate controller profiles for each sim anymore. When I drive in each sim the paddles and the shifter work together ie if I want to I can upshift with a paddle and down shift with the shifter or vice versa or just drive normally haha. I hope you get it sorted as I’ve had zero issues with any of my fanatec gear since clicking the fanatec map box. Do you have the latest fanatec drivers installed for the universal hub? I updated mine a couple of weeks ago, it could be that?

19. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This thread is a little old, but I just noticed my THA8 shifter, in sequential mode, does not work. I map the shifter correctly to the gear up and gear down commands in the options, but the game defaults to my Fanatec wheel paddle shifters anyways, even though they're not mapped!

@Heitor Facuri Cicoti did you guys manage to take a look at this bug?

20. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

My HE shifter nor my Cube Controls padels work. Its exactly the same problem in PC2