1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering wheel rotation range

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by racer7, Apr 2, 2020.

1. racer7

racer7 New Member

Just wondering how to change the rotation range of the steering wheel in the Configuration Menu? It is not obvious and 900 degrees is too much for a Formula car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

The game is supposed to auto change it to every car, but mine is not.

I use a Logitech Driving Force GT. Other games, like AC and PCARS2 do it, but AMS2 don't (the same goes to AMS1).

3. Gunthar Rowe

Gunthar Rowe New Member

I change mine for each car to match the games wheel rotation graphics. generally 450 or 540 degrees

4. Jugulador

Copa Classic and Old SC work fine with 900º, most race cars with 450º and karts with 200º.

Is anoying to manualy change it outside the game for every car, specially knowing that the game does that for the msot of players. What wheels sets are you, folks, using?

• Like Like x 3
  5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you calibrate your wheel in game correctly, the auto DOR should work. It works with my wheel.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Jugulador

I did it...but still don't work

7. Kieran Horner

Kieran Horner New Member

Also having this issue, having to resort to manually doing it for now but it's less than ideal.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Cheekymunkey78

Cheekymunkey78 New Member

Just started with this sim today.

I have a Fanatec CSL and I think I am having the same issue. Tried, Auto, 1080 and 900. Calibrated after each one which confirms the correct value in the calibration but does not work on track.

Haven't confirmed if it is just a graphical issue as the wheel and hands on screen clearly rotate different to the CSL's wheel or it's the actual turning circle that is affected but I will keep testing and trying more extreme rotations vs cars tomorrow.

9. racer7

racer7 New Member

I checked the AMS 1 Manual and Auto DOR is a recently added feature for Logitech wheels and only works for G27 and above wheels. That explains why DFGT and G 25 wheels don’t have that feature. However AMS1 has a control in the wheel setup section that allows you to manually set the DOR for any wheel within the game. That control does not appear to exist in AMS2.

Kieran, how have you been setting the DOR manually in your setup?

Personally, I think this feature should be included in AMS2 for all the users of older wheels, and those like myself who to do things a little differently.

10. Gunthar Rowe

Gunthar Rowe New Member

Fanatec CSL Elite v1.1, Formula V2 Rim, V3 pedals

• Like Like x 1
  11. racer7

racer7 New Member

Logitech G920.

I had a DFGT but I got rid of it about 8 years ago when I moved to a smaller place, and had to scale back my sim racing activities. Good wheel, not that much different from the 920, despite the disparity in priceo_O Had a lot of fun with it:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cheekymunkey78

Got it working on my Fanatec CSL Elite v1.1

Had to set the rotation to Auto (SEN) but importantly in game I had to use the - Reset to Default option. Only then after calibration does the wheel automatically adjust to the car.

The first time I ran the game I had the SEN set to 900 and calibrated the wheel to that.
    Before the "Reset to Default" option, I calibrated the wheel on Auto when I realised I had an issue but it would be the same as setting it at 900 and would not adjust to the car. Now, after the "Reset to Default" it still calibrates to 900 when set on Auto but will adjust for each car when on the track. If not set to auto in the wheel the car uses whatever value the wheel is set to.

Hope this helps some of you that might be having issues.

P.s. I have tried to replicate the problem (i.e. "Reset to Default" then set-up without using Auto) but every time now when setting the auto option it works and adjusts on track without the need to press the "Reset to Default". Unlike the first time I set it up. I have stopped short of uninstalling the game to see if it is an initial Set-up issue.

Now to sort out good FFB for me :).

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

I'm having to use 540 apart from in karts where I set to AUT on the CSL.

14. Jugulador

My driver is on AUTO as well and calibrated it ingame, but I never tried the "Reset" option. Will see if it resolves.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jugulador

Didn't work.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

few guys we know with Fanatec CSW 2.5 and CSL Elite also have this issue, even with SEN on AUTO, doesn't match in game rotation.

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. Cheekymunkey78

Sorry to hear that, hope they fix it soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same, but solve it with adjusting it directly in the steering wheel SEN option for each car to match. For the moment works perfect...

19. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

I have a CSW v2.5 but never have the ingame wheel active. For me it is a bit weird to see my own wheel in front of my triple setup and see an in-game wheel and hands as well.

20. Gunthar Rowe

Gunthar Rowe New Member

worked for me!

• Like Like x 1