1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious problem multiplayer car contacts

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by L3aarg, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Obizzz

Obizzz Member

Does this mean the ingame hosting feature will be removed in the future? I quite like having it for quick fun races with friends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. L3aarg

L3aarg New Member

is that it is not a ping problem I assure you since we tested it among several and we had 50 ping

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michno

Michno New Member

Yeah me and a friend had several races in karts and other various cars. and whenever one of us would get close to one another the one in front would get spun out when there is still atleast 1 - 2 meters between us. we both had green ping to each other. we also noticed this happening if we had bots in the race for both of us.

4. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

To be honest, this does need fairly urgent attention. It's seems that the collision boxes for the cars aren't placed correctly in a longitudinal sense. It's as though the cars have an extra metre of trunk/boot sticking out. Lateral collisions seem fine. Other Madness engine based titles have worked fine in this respect, with good, close racing permitted. This feature has also worked very well historically on P2P servers without problems. We can't all realistically be expected to have to buy and race on dedicated servers, surely, when P2P has worked so well in the past?

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Michno

Michno New Member

Did some testing with a friend this evening and figured a few things out

This testing was done in 125cc Shifter Karts at Cadwell park with bots.

Below 20 kmph with green ping everything is fine. you can drive close to the guy infront without spinning him out. above 20 kmph, it just got worse.

This needs to be first priority for the game to be honest. Along side the crashes some people have. Racing is all about the no contact fight that an overtake is. but when you cant get close. it just becomes at race to wait for the guy infront to make a mistake and then overtake.

I dont see how dedicated servers would fix this. P2P have been working fine in other games. even in project cars 2.

This absolutely ruins people's first impression of the game!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. L3aarg

L3aarg New Member

So this is the most important error, even to continue testing ams2.

• Like Like x 2
  7. antoFPV

antoFPV New Member

Agree with that, this game have a very big potential (FFB, physics, visual, perf, VR) but the Multiplayer car contact (hitbox) is really bad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Peity

Peity New Member

I made the same experience, the crashes have nothing to do with Ping or connection, i testet on high and low ping ,its always the same distance you crash into others. I also think the crashbox is latitudinal missplaced because you hit players who are near beside you.I testet in Championship Race vs AI ,everything is fine there. It only occurs in onlineracing. This should be on the top of the Fix List, otherwise it will scare people away. Online close racing is not possible right now and its frustrating.
    Put this on the TOP of your to do list please.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 8
  9. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

Agreed. Everything else runs to an acceptable standard for Early Access. We expect bugs and rough edges. This fault, however, coming from a proven engine that has performed well in this respect in the past, is jarring and as @Peity says is likely to scare people away. It has a huge impact (pardon the pun) when everything else is so playable.The sooner this issue is attended to, the more the undecided folk will stay around. We all want this to be a legendary title!

• Agree Agree x 9
  10. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

This issue needs to be a top priority. You simply cannot play online and expect anything but unintended crashes to happen when racing close to others. It means that you have to keep at safe distances or risk punting the person in front of you off wildly in an uncontrollable manner.

The contact box isnt just the issue. It is the mass/weight of the cars thats broken. When an unintended contact is made from the car behind, the "victim" in front is turned 90 degrees or higher like they are made of a sack of rice and almost in all contact cases the car that was hit is now suddenly driving into a barrier like a large hand picked you up faced you left/right and your grip/intertia carries on in the new direction.

Now this is bad when you race with sensible people, but there may be many online that simply dont read these forums and know this is an issue, race up close to someone , they see that the car in front now suddenly lose it, not feel or see it was actually them making contact and go about there merry way and continue to cause collisions through not fault of their own, and the victim ( if they also dont know this is an issue) assume they got rammed by some a-hole, and this will make the online portion of this game appear like its full of awful drivers when thats is far from the truth. It scarred pcars 1 and 2 because they were very lazy when addressing this. It even started to bleed into their dedi server code.

And you MUST include the admin kicking functionality in ASAP into your version the madness engine or trolling will become a thing or we will get another "AMIK" situation here in AMS 2 (those that were around a lot of pcars 2 may remember the situation)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  11. L3aarg

L3aarg New Member

For my part and that of many other boys, we will not test motorist 2 again until they solve this great problem, because just like this, no competition can be tested in multiplayer, which is the most important of these simulators.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

The problem needs fixing in P2P servers, we shouldn't have to hire Dedi servers for a problem that has never been an issue in previous Madness Engine titles in both P2P and Dedi forms.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

I should hope not. It's a massive part of the game and a huge reason that many play Madness Engine titles that have it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. L3aarg

L3aarg New Member

Maybe @Heitor Facuri Cicoti can clarify more things about this problem that has us so worried and so know if he will have a quick solution? regards

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. antoFPV

antoFPV New Member

dont know why but it's seams little better with the latest update. Not perfect yet but slightly better.

16. antoFPV

antoFPV New Member

No news about this ? for me the major issue in this sim ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Michno

Michno New Member

Well i am just waiting for the dedicated server update ^^ they have a ****ton of stuff to fix. and while i still think MP is the most important thing to fix. They have been putting out some good handling updates that kinda keeps me going back to the game :b

18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We are aware and looking into this issue, a few cars could require a few minor collision mesh corrections but it seems to be mainly netcode related. A proper fix may take some time but we are investigating ways to atone the problem.

• Like Like x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Sharpie

Sharpie Member AMS2 Club Member

The collisions are fine in pcars 2. Could it be that the those collisions meshes are more inside the car to allow for a tolerance?

Side to side collisions seem to be fine it's just front and behind contacts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. L3aarg

L3aarg New Member

Really very disappointed I have believed that with the new update this problem would be solved by the gravity that this problem represents since this way you can NOT test the multiplayer it is impossible to approach a car from behind that stick and the blow is extremely strong that the one ahead dismisses him. Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1