1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The point of going over the edge under power is the major flaw

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SlowPoke80, Apr 7, 2020.

1. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Most of the high-powered cars don't have that modeled correctly. All slides under power are saveable, even when they shouldn't be.

Also, the onset of fishtailing seems to be greatly exaggerated in some cars.

The Formula Vintage Gen 2 exemplifies both these things. They only want to drive sideways, but there is never a complete loss of control.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Stepy

Stepy Member

Why are the formula cars fishtailing anyway ? surely they should be planted with all that downforce. All cars seems to have that weird turn-in-off-thottle pivot oversteer coupled with wheel spin under acceleration (no matter how gently on the power) that PC2 had, hopefully Reiza can get rid of these PC2 traits.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

I was going to reply with details on how 'turn in, off throttle oversteer' is a perfectly normal outcome given particular events and inputs (Especially 60's/70's F1 cars which are more softly sprung with a lot of travel), and how any car, with downforce or not can kick the arse out, but it ended up really, really long winded lol.

Instead, enjoy. 1986. The physics of speed, weight transfer and angles.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

That's under braking, not really under power though. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

In my game all cars need to be turned UNDER power on corner entry. There is no off throttle oversteer on corner entry. Off power it plows like a pig.

6. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

You'll notice that the FV10 in AMS1 is less stable under power with TC than the one in AMS2 is without it.

There is a certain point when a powered spin becomes uncontrollable in real life. AMS1 handled this very well in almost all cars. AMS2 doesn't do it at all yet. I have faith in Reiza to fix this, but this is a major problem for this game, and it needs to be addressed before the 1.0 release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TekNeil

Indeed as he said: "All cars seems to have that weird turn-in-off-thottle pivot oversteer". ;-)

8. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Yeah, but that Piquet example, was him being ultra-late on the brakes, scrabbling to get round, without running wide, to let Senna re-pass him. Not a typical example of a normal corner entry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TekNeil

Indeed, he induced that with his inputs, he shifted the weight as seen via the unloaded rear right. It's happening all the time in differing extremes. Obviously a 60's/70's car (As discussed here) reacts differently...
    I was just making a point that it's a real thing, it's just how you apply it and use it.
    I got the feeling that some thought it wasn't something that happened in real life that's all.