1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sim Has Plans.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by azar, Apr 1, 2020.

1. azar

azar New Member

On Youtube a developer or an employee of a studio (other than Reiza) talks about content (other than AMS2) says that the older released cars in their sim are of a low quality now because they never benefit from the updates and improvements. He promotes the newest cars to tell you later that they were bad and so on every time they release a new content.

I LOVE the current cars that Reiza included in AMS2 so much that I would be sad if one day I hear someone from Reiza saying that these cars have been neglected and left to rust. Contrary to that, I wish the current content will benefit from any improvements in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. azar

azar New Member

Either my question wasn't interesting for anyone but me because no one likes the current content AMS2 offers

or no one is interested in that content to keep improving

or no one in this forum checked the thread

or maybe I posted the wrong question in the wrong place, lol.

3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Has Reiza ever not updated older content? They're not Sector 3 ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

?
    S3 is in the process of updating its content. Last month was the Audi TT. Probably Group 5 (Physics Update) this month .

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can't really compare Reiza with iRacing, Studio 397 or Sector 3 as they are using different sales models. Reiza presumably will not update AMS1 now they are working on AMS2, just as earlier Reiza titles were not updated after AMS was released.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Gevatter

Yeah and at the end of 2019 they updated the Classic DTM cars that were released in 2015 (according to Steam, as was the Audi TT btw), and it took them a whole year from when they first announced the update at the end of 2018.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Talking negative about other dev teams while you have no clue how they are working behind the scene is a big fail IMO.
    A few years after the release of R3E, Sector 3 hired a new physics and ffb developer, someone who has real live racing experience and is also a motorsport instructor. When he started, he developed completely new physics and because R3E has a lot of content, it's not possible to update every car class at the same time. He also does a lot of research before he even start developing the physics.
    Every new car and updated old R3E car is backed up by real live data.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Gevatter

I agree with everyting you said except for the first sentence :)

I critizice that it took them several years until they even announced the DTM 1992 update and then another year to release it. I have the same criticism for Studio 397 who also neglect to update their older content, and had the same for Kunos when they kept updating their tire model and it took them forever to bring the cars up to par, which they managed to do in the end.

I commend every sim developer for updating the internal workings of their sims and I understand the workload that is involved. I know that it is useless to update old content constantly if the physics keeps evolving in big steps and that it is basically fruitless labour to even update old content. I appreciate the need for new content to keep the money flowing, or all development would stop. I know there is only so much manpower available.

Still, inconsistent content is a pet peeve of mine and I will keep complaining about it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

It took a while, but the result is impressive! RRE is currently my number one. But also AMS 2 will also ensure a good whirl. With this team. They work around the clock. It is no different with S3.
    I don't want to say anything more about rF2. The train left...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. azar

azar New Member

I can't say anything because I love Sector 3 developers as down to earth friendly people, but I also have to say it if we want the best for us all.

Imo R3E is the second worst old sim that doesn't want to evolve (after iracing). A friend here praised them updating in 2019 (for the first time) the cars that released in 2015. In 4 years some sim developers can develop a brand new sim with all it's new tyre and physics model. Sector 3 money model is like: Only one December update and the rest of the years we sit down just selling cars and liveries.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Matt Diffey

Matt Diffey New Member

You literally didn't ask a single question

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Stevie777

Stevie777 New Member

Well you could start by actually asking a question :) Your post is just a statement, which is fine, but it doesn't require an answer.

13. azar

azar New Member

Thanks for pointing out that you didn't get my question mr. Matt Diffy and mr. Steve. Maybe I wasn't clear. So I'll rephrase:

Later in the lifespan of AMS2, will I hear you or a developer saying that the base content isn't good and that I shouldn't have purchased it?
    And that I should buy new cars because the current ones were abandoned?

I don't know if I overcame my problem of being unclear.

14. Gevatter

They way I know the Reiza devs, the answer is no, absolutely not. Reiza have always kept their older content updated to the latest standard of their graphics/physics/sound.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

How dark can the look into a possible future be.
    If you think that way, you never should leave your home.
    "i won't buy this or that, because the manufacturer could decide it is outdated in one or two years.
    Normally a producer sells the next product. Thats the nature of life.
    do you know any manufacturer will sell you e.g. a car IRL and after 2 or 3 years you'll get a free upgrade to the newest design, new tires, new seats and everything other that is not up to date then.
    I don't think so.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. azar

azar New Member

I agree man. Many people say it's not perfect but the same people have faith in Reiza. All I know is that I loved AMS1 and I am almost sure I will love AMS2. (Here this is my own opinion and I respect if you don't agree with me), but I followed R3E and spent my hard earned money of their content, to find them saying at the next content "Fooled ya". (Here you can that Jesus meme I fooled you if you want some sense of humor). I am so in love with historical and mechanical cars that I would love it if they will be excellent and keep so.

17. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It is really uncouth to rag on a developer on another developers' forum such as you have. You shower them with platitudes and then basically call them lazy money grabbers. You wan't everything right away. You even want your non-questions answered in a timely manner. Sector3 are a great bunch of guys (I've Beta Tested for them). You're on the outside looking out. Are you yourself a developer, programmer ( to include Front and Back End developing), physics expert, or in any way involved with game content, art, licensing, publishing, marketing, funding, managing a time line, satisfying investors or quality control, in the gaming industry?
    If the answer is yes, then you should know better. If the answer is no, well.......

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. azar

azar New Member

Thanks for the reply. I'll start by answering your question. No I don't work in those occupations.

• Like Like x 1
  19. azar

azar New Member

But also:

Wow I have never seen a more wrong post than yours in my life.

Every single letter you typed was wrong. That's world championship level.

I really really hope that you don't mean what the translator is showing me.

1- Are you accusing me of bad manners "uncouth"?

2- Are you accusing me of attacking "a developer"? People? not their product or their policy?

3- Are you accusing me of saying useless statement "platitude"?

4- Are you putting words in my mouth "lazy money grabbers"?

5- Are you saying saying I want my questions answered right away "in a timely manner"?

6- Are you asking about what my job is "Are yourself a developer..."?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. azar

azar New Member

Dear Swagger Jacker,

I came to wish that AMS2 keeps improving and what happened to me when purchasing other sims before doesn't happen later.

Do you want to accuse me of doing nasty things? saying nasty stuff? and judge me according to my work?

If yes, then clearly don't. Please don't Swaggar Jacker. I would love useful conversation with intellectual people that leads to the benefit of us all.

Cheers!