1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh I am so sorry. It's a link for the backers. My apologies.

It basically says: go to Documents\Automobilista 2\graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml
    Then fiddle with

You could start with
    And then change it so you like it.

2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

These sharpness settings don't seem to work in pancake mode (triples), how come? Tried editing them few weeks ago and graphics were broken on the side monitors.

3. BrassYeti

BrassYeti New Member

Accuforce v2
    I feel like I am in the minority here, but I'll admit I am relatively new to ffb tuning.
    I am running the following and it feels good to me. Testing done with super v8s

Gain 25
    LFB 40-60
    FX 50-60

If I run 50/10/0 the steering feels numb on straits and the wheel is very heavy while cornering. I find reducing the gain while having a higher LFB really blends the forces together. I'm not sure how I feel about FX though. Need more testing, but for now I like it high.

Not sure if I'm doing this totally wrong and botching my fidelity on my direct drive wheel...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@BrassYeti what SC4 settings are you using? Which track are you using to test? Are you feeling or hearing any rattling from your wheel? If I use any FX it is simply not useable with the amount of rattling that comes from my accuforce wheel.

5. Marius H

I don't know. Maybe put it as a bug into the bugtopic. :cool::eek:

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just thought you would know since you suggested it, and didn't see you having VR.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Marius H

Yeah. I don't have, I had it once. It was awesome. But the sharpening works for others I did read in that topic. I am only the messager . :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I suspect the ffb-FX is currently bugged as it makes no sense based on how it used to work. If you use a very low FX value (0-5%), you notice more tire-scrub but, without engine-vibes. Both effects should be scaling up with higher FX values.

I did post about it in the Bug Report thread.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BrassYeti

BrassYeti New Member

FX aside, thoughts on low gain and higher LFB on DD wheels?

10. Wayne Kerr

Wayne Kerr New Member AMS2 Club Member

i find the higher lfb you run, the more difficult it is to correct a slide. like at 0 you almost can't spin it out. at 40 you better be paying attention.

SC2 pro user here. i run 55% motor torque and 40 gain only. def not on the high side when it comes to ffb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dean Ogurek

Whether as intended or not, I don't know but, from my testing, LFB has the effect of narrowing the range of FFB effects. The following are just my observations.
    • With DD-wheels, the overall range is very wide so, with cars having strong FFB, it helps to reduce Gain and Increase LFB (imo).
    • Zero LFB, I find it difficult to detect over-steer effectively (Cues are late).
    • LFB set too high, effects seem more compressed into smaller range.
    • SimuCube1 / LFB at 15-25% provides me a good balance of detail, steering response and over-steer detection.
    • FX: seems broken, not working as intended. Perhaps LFB is affected in some way too?

12. Tobi797979

Tobi797979 New Member

SC2 PRO here. I run the Original AMS TrueDrive Profile with 25nm and ingame 22-25/15/30. Really great FFB and a little Workout. Very satisfied with AMS 2 FFB, amazing.
    Best regards

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cheekymunkey78

Cheekymunkey78 New Member

Thought I would share my FFB settings with you.

Hardware = Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 WB+(v1.1) with P1 Wheel
    Drivers = Beta v352 (inc Firmware with this driver)
    Please note if you are using older drivers/firmware, these will provide a different feedback feeling through the wheel and my setting would be different for me than the ones I have listed here.

Please see below for some notes I have made for these settings:

In-Game:
    Gain = 70
    Low = 20
    FX = 50
    Menu = 0

Wheelbase Settings:
    SEN = AUT
    FF = 55
    DRI = OFF
    FEI = 60
    FOR = 100
    SPR = 0
    DPR = 0
    ABS = OFF
    SHO = OFF

Notes:
    General: Oscillation with this wheel is very noticeable with this sim (more than any other sim I have experienced.) My setting have tuned this out.

Key In-Game Notes:
    Gain:
    Below 70 I there was a definite loss of some "bumps" and "tyre forces" Above 75 caused Oscillation
    Low: Linked to FF in the wheel (e.g. Raise FF by 5, reduce Low by 5.) Any higher I started to loose low end feel, any lower the car started to "float".
    FX: Not needed but at 50 I found the road was just noticeable and aided immersion (this feeling is very different between cars - the P3 roco was my balance for this one).

Key Wheelbase Settings:
    FF:
    I like a generally light wheel which still has a top end to "fight with". 55 is the sweet spot for me. If you like a heavier wheel - I tested by Increasing to 60 for an overall heavier wheel but for balance I lowered the in game Low to 15 - This gave me the same "range feeling" but a heavier wheel.
    DRI: I hate this setting so always aim for OFF and adjust other setting to remove oscillation (with no hands on the wheel it starts to bounce from side to side and gets worse whilst driving down a straight - In this game with higher FFB it happens whilst the car is parked). using the Minus Values does get rid of oscillation if the overall FFB is higher (-02 to -03 works) but the resistance in the wheel it creates feels very artificial to me (I spent years using -02 to -04 to compensate for oscillation to find out I had to force quick turns and over compensated).
    FEI: I noticed a very big difference between 60 and 70. For a sharper "thump" use 70 but comes with a noticeable noise increase in the wheel. I have settled on 60, any less and it is to smooth.

All other setting I have not explained have not effect on this sim whilst on track.

These setting above has given me no Oscillation, enough range between low and high forces without the car feeling too heavy (fighting the wheel) or too light (floating).

Hope this can help some of you.

Cheeky x.

• Like Like x 1
  14. J93653017

J93653017 New Member

Updated.

Thrustmaster TX
    Gain 100
    LFB 20
    FX 50
    Menu Spring 20

15. OlaN

OlaN Member

Thrustmaster T300, my best settings for all cars:
    Default TM control panel
    62-55-40-10

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  16. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I think the ffb is quite good at this time. Even in my g27. Would love to see wheel shaking in hard accelerations and hard braking too (like in AC).

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  17. Dean Ogurek

NA

18. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

NA

19. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

DELETED