1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Member AMS2 Club Member

I finally tried this sim with my WMR headset last evening.
    I took a 90s F1 car to Austria for about six laps.
    At this early stage, I have to say it was a very good experience.
    The gauges... the road ahead ...the scenery, were all very clear and extremely 'fluid'.
    Some sims in WMR have a tendency of looking okay but feeling almost as if the car stops at the 'B' pillar. Those have zero back-end feel. No weight shift...no pendulum effect, etc...
    I'm happy to say this one does not follow that trend.

2. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't say I've ever noticed what you describe with WMR in any sim, for the most part they are all just fine.

3. John Caetano

John Caetano Member

When using "-vrnomirror" and selecting weather presets after selecting RANDOM i can no longer select presets when going back into that menu

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

IMHO the VR Settings menu should be improved with added options like this one, the "-vrnomirror", and a new slider called "Sharpening Strength" to avoid changing value in the XML. The latter is really important as it have a huge impact on image quality with a very small hit on FPS. It's a game changer and people will really appreciate an easy access to such feature. Even better having 2 hotkeys to change it on the fly as it's painful to restart the whole sims each time, and hard to figure slightly change it may induce on small change step...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. William Steventon

William Steventon New Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone know why my car isn't there in VR anymore i only have the tyre gauge there

6. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

Try cycling the camera views, you likely accidentally pressed a button which changed to the bonnet view. On the G29 by default it is the Square button. But check which it is for you via the control config menu

7. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Editing the hud in 2D mode is WYSIWYG, but it's still in the PC2 mode* when trying to edit the hud in VR, on my headset that arrived after the PC2 launch.

*PC2 mode - broken.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Papifix

Papifix New Member AMS2 Club Member

how do I get into the VR mode for WMR. I only have the cinema mode available. Are there special start parameters?

9. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

10. Alegunner68

Steam gives the option to start in Vr, have you been on track yet? It's in cinema until you hit the track.

11. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Editing the HUD in VR. A visual representation of the problems Rift S owners(and possibly others) are facing:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very good video to show the problem. I hope that devs watch this forum and listen to us...

• Like Like x 2
  13. DrPenguin

DrPenguin New Member

I have found myself wondering if something is slightly out of wack with the VR system. I never quite feel like my head is centered. I have Recenter Head Position bound to a wheel button and use it regularly, but I find my real head is drifting right to feel naturally centered in the game. After about 15 minutes my neck is aching. The only other sim I drive is AC and I have no issues there, I regularly do 40 minute races with no discomfort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. William Steventon

Thanks for the help i will try

15. William Steventon

You were right , I assigned a button to my wheel to change view and it worked , Many thanks for your help

16. charsemnome

charsemnome New Member

Is it possible to run it on RTX 2060 using Oculus Rift S? How many fps would I get probably?

17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Ii depends your settings obviously but you can keep your 80fps all time IMHO. I have an old proc I7 3770K and a GTX1080, both OC, and my settings are a mix of low mid and ultra (more mid than other) and I keep 90fps (Oculus CV1) all the time in VR, sometimes going to 45fps (ASW) during starting line on race, and on monitor 1920x1080 I'm all at ULTRA 60fps all the time.

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

If you use use the keyboard to change the VR plane, does it move the entire 2-plane HUD back and forward or can you move the planes individually?

19. Kevin39

Kevin39 New Member

When I enter through Steam VR it is in cinema mode, but the cinema screen is positioned way below me. Does any one know how to adjust this?
    Once I hit the track everything is fine

20. Alegunner68

Assign a button to centre Vr in the options, then press it when needed should do it.