1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

gotta say I love these car shaders, this Metalmoro looks so nice... hope the track ones will improve this much too

2. Rujasu

Rujasu Member

So, another interesting issue. I did a 30 minute race with the AJRs on Imola, and noticed they all did a pit stop. Log analyzer confirms that, even though I and the AI both ran on softs, their tire wear was at around 5-6% per lap, but mine was 0.40%. Can anyone confirm if this is just on my end?

3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

The issue is still there as of yesterday, still only happens with the Reiza cars. Im willing to go into the files myself if sombody could give me a hint what I'm looking for to disable cockpit movements? @Renato Simioni maybe? :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well..I tested the turbo model and compared it to AMS. I don't know, I feel it's different.
    In AMS you can also hear the breath the turbo needs after a throttlebreak to build up airflow and the typical "buzz" appears.
    In rF2 go down the throttel in the end of the rpm for a second, back on it and it sounds directly as it was before.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's rF2...hard to be honest here, but it will not get the same fidelity and detail out of nuances in sound.
    Also a different sim, so it will feel different...

6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I´m sorry to hear this issue persists, I´m not sure what we´re getting wrong there. I will revisit this issue and ask some help from S397 in time for the next update but that may still take a while...

• Like Like x 4
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I recall that at one point in the development of the rF2 cars, the cockpit movement settings/scheme was deliberately changed to harmonize with rF2. I remember because I was very disappointed and commented at the time that Reiza's default settings/approach are much preferable to S397's. The change was a downgrade from my perspective.

However, rF2 now has a more sophisticated global adjustment for cockpit/head movement than before and it works very well--allowing a quick adjustment to give us something much closer to Reiza default or the complete opposite if that's what you prefer.

I suspect the Reiza cars just need a tiny update to ensure the new sliders function on them as they do the other newer S397 cars (haven't tested older cars, so do not know if they work or not). I assume @Gevatter has already moved the slider to the extreme and it just isn't taking effect.

I was about to go test myself, but despite my rF2 surviving the latest update and switch to the new UI fairly well, suddenly today it will no longer launch. This is typical of problems many others are experiencing, so I will not invest time into investigating or fiddling now. Not worth it; hope a general fix for these things arrives in an update soon, but I won't hold my breath.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for looking at this again, and sorry for being a nuisance about it. Take your time of course :)

The older cars work well, as does any mod I tried out. It's really just the Reiza cars in my experience.

Yes, the Lock to horizon settings in rF2 for low, medium and high movement work correctly even in the Reiza cars. It's just when you set the slider to 'OFF' where the cockpit shouldn't move anymore and doesn't move in any rF2 car, in the Reiza cars it behaves as if it was set to 'HIGH' instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Just to be sure this will not be missed...seems there is an issue with missing rear left brake on Metalmoro MR18 as already reported here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Thanks, you have confirmed my suspicion. OFF could mean none/zero or default. If S397 treats it as none for all of their cars, then it should be easy for Reiza to change that :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Imola and Virginia are places of the upcoming GT-Series from S397. :)

12. Nokto

Nokto New Member

I confirm the issue about IA tire destruction, it is not a question of track (reproduced on Guapore and (Mat)Susaka: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/ia-metalmoro-and-tire-destruction.65326/ .

I am an RF2 guy (maybe once I will try AMS/AMS2) who enjoy a lot the reiza pack: metalmoro and Formula Vee

13. sdeups

sdeups Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi , if we "backed" AMS 2, we have the AMS1 Season pass, suddenly you know if we also have the right to REIZA CAR PACK pack on RF2?
    Thanks

14. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately, no.

15. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Good morning Reiza team.
    I know that you are currently working hard on your latest project.
    Nevertheless, I would like to point out that in the setup options there are no more descriptions of how to drive the different vehicles. Can you fix that please?
    And will there be an update for the new UI soon?
    Otherwise keep it up.
    I guess I own AMS2 by March 31 at the latest.

16. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  17. Kentaro Taniuchi

Kentaro Taniuchi Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Reiza team
    I now have rFactor2 newly purchased.
    I can't find bundle pack.
    I am on early backing campaign.

Could you help me out?
    Thank you.

18. Marc Collins

It's in the Steam Store page for rF2.

19. Kentaro Taniuchi

Kentaro Taniuchi Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you, Marc.
    Yes, I found it. But seems I have to pay to install.
    I understand that you can get this bundle for free if you are in early backing campaign.

20. Marc Collins

I think that was long ago gone, but you can check with @Heitor Facuri Cicoti here and he will tell you.

• Like Like x 1