1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec CSW V2.5 AMS2 in-Game FFB Setting

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by cristian51, Apr 22, 2020.

1. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @all owners of a Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 Wheelbase using Automobilista 2.
    Just wondering what FFB Settings you're using in-Game? Do you adjust GAIN, LFB and FX for every car or do you just use a setting that matches for all cars in general?

Sometimes I use:
    A:
    Gain: 60
    LFB: 50
    FX: 40

B:
    Gain: 65
    LFB: 45
    FX: 45

C:
    Gain: 55
    LFB: 55
    FX: 50

D:
    Gain: 90
    LFB: 10
    FX: 15

E:
    Gain: 80
    LFB: 15
    FX: 0
    (Menu Spring Strengh allways 0)

Wheel Tuning Setup:
    SEN: Depending on Car 450, 540, 900, ect.
    FF: 100
    SHO: 100
    ABS: 90
    DRI: -2
    FOR:100
    SPR: 100
    DPR:100
    FEI: 100

What do you think? Share your settings and expriences please :)

All in All, I have massive fun with AMS2 so far and I see a lot of potencial. With only a few updates from Reiza, they improved AMS2 a lot and there is still a lot to come in the future. I am very excited!
    :hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Nice thread, was considering doing the same :)

So I've tried to find a setting that could be used on every car but there's just too much variance in weight and /or downforce between them all. That said, in general I try to keep the sum of both the Gain and LFB at 90 and use the following base setting as a maximum;

Gain: 60
    LFB: 30
    FX: 0 (IMO this results in masking of the road feel, kerbs and rumble strips felt via FFB so always have set to 0)

This base setting works well form me with lighter class vehicles such as the Prototypes (excluding P1), Caterhams and some Formulas. For Stock Cars, Super V8, Sprint Race and P1 I lower the Gain slightly and raise the LFB to balance it (most of the time at 55/35)

Also tried the Fanatec on-wheel settings as a method to adjust on the fly by lowering FF and FOR but I'm not convinced that's an ideal method to be honest, however I still need to test it a bit more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. cristian51

Thanks for your feedback @Gordie Very interesting sharing experiences and thoughts :) I am absolutely not an FFB expert but a big sim racing fan, so if I am doing something wrong, just advise please. We are all here to learn and enjoy :) See you on track!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I'm no expert either so you're not alone :). There's no exact science at this stage so it's all about experimentation and of course having a lot of fun along the way.

BTW, my wheel settings are the same as yours apart from DRI = 0 or -1 and FEI = 50.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am at 42/34/0/Dri -2 with my F1 rim. With my BMW rim I tend to use 44/36/0/Dri -2. Remember that the FFB will be 'overhauled' this week.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I also use the F1 rim and I do find it a bit of a fight with some cars but enjoyable all the same.
    Really like the look of the BMW rim but I'm currently in two minds on whether or not to upgrade to SC2 Pro and get a non Fanatec additional rim.

Yep and looking very much forward to it, exciting times :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, my set up looks nothing like y'all but as you said it's about to change again so, I think I will try what you guys have at the moment, but anxiously waiting for another ffb update hopefully tomorrow.

Btw mine is 65,0,85 loving this at the moment, plenty of tire scrubbing and road feel.:cool::hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Same mate, same :)

Must try that combo, nice one

• Like Like x 2
  9. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ivysaur, based on your setup I got to 55,30,85. I honestly thought that LFB wouldn't make much difference but it did. Feels slightly better now. Thanks guys!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy racing. LFB is more important than you think. One of the advantages it takes away the extremes between the cars you feel. If your gain is lets say 70/0/0. The Lancer and such feel really heavy, but the F-trainer feel too light. But putting gain down and increasing LFB the Lancer, V8 become playable and the F-trainer, etc become a tad heavier; also better to play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

After a few hours seat time with the new FFB I think 75/50/0 is a good all round setting for me.

So far tested all Prototypes, F3s, Gen 3s, Sprint Race and Stock Car V8.

Started with the default 100/50/50 and straight away I had to lower the FX, which ended up at zero before long. I honestly can't find anything to like about it. Perhaps it's just me but I find it really masks a lot of road feel that can be felt via the wheel base.

The Gain at 100 wasn't too bad to start with, it did indicate about 50% on the clipping graph during the faster turns but didn't seem to lose any fidelity. In the event of an off-track though it was a bit severe and overall it was a touch on the heavy side so I gradually lowered it and settled at 75.

Tried the LFB at 70 but found it too much, 50 seems pretty good as a base.

So far so good, brake feel is a lot better now. Hopefully this new tyre scrub formula provides some understeer feedback as that's lacking atm.

Edit: I'm now using FX at 30.
    So - 75/50/30 currently.
    Feels great in the Sprint cars and Protos

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ricardo Maya

Ricardo Maya New Member

Hello Guys, i know that this is an old post. But with all this last updates i cant seem to find a place with in game settings as well as fanalab settings for this wheel base. Can some one that have been playing recently provide both settings ? Much appreciated !

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. cristian51

Hi!
    In-Game I run Gain 65, LFB 55, FX 50, Damping 0, Menu Spring Force 0
    Wheel Setting: Sen Aut. FF 60, al the rest 100 and Dri -2
    Hope this helps you a bit :)