1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera too bumpy

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Apr 4, 2020.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think he's correct, Lock to Horizon means the 'World' or Horizon doesn't move, so setting should be 0 for it not to move. I believe this was discussed before, devs pls confirm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. sherpa25

There's still some movement even both of those are at zero, which some have reported/complained about already in other posts. I don't know if this was complained about too in PC2. I'm not sure though what the developers think about this or if they have some adjustments planned.

3. RJVan

RJVan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. The world shouldn't bounce around. Your eyes natually stabilize the outside world when you drive. The view they are giving us is like from a camera mounted to the dash. I can only play for a few minutes as well. If they don't change the camera I won't be playing anymore, which sucks, 'cause I really like the sim.

Setting world movement to 0 helps on flatter tracks, but going up and down hills is terrible. You end up loosing half your view as the cockpit moves up and down.

I'm not in VR BTW.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. sherpa25

Hope someday, someone gets to have the Realhead app work for AMS2 :) Working now for ACC.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Maro_Marinov

Maro_Marinov New Member

Same here - I want to drive the sim, but I can't.
    Getting motion sickness after a few minutes, especially in the fast openwheelers, which are my favorite. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

As an update, I have settled on: 20 world movement, and 0 g-force effect (running VR btw)

This slight increase in world movement (instead of 0), seems to have helped my slight VR weirdness I was feeling. I had seen people mention to not use the absolute extremes with the madness engine when it comes to world movement, and at least for me this seems to confirm that theory.

7. FlyinJake

FlyinJake New Member

I too feel motion sickness, running with WM at 100 to fixate the dashboard to the horizon (100 = no movement of dashboard as it is locked to the horizon). But the world is way to bumpy in open wheel cars. I am gaming on a 55" TV and tried WM at 20 which helps a bit on the bumpy horizon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

I just can't play this game. I've tried WM 0 - 100. The car chassis just moves way too much with WM under 80. It completely ruins the immersion. But WM 80 and above I get motion sickness in a few minutes. The bouncy camera combined with the very bouncy suspensions on some of the cars is just killing me. pCARS2 had the same kind of camera but I never once got sick.

Haven't heard from the Devs on this but I hope there's a fix in the works. I don't get sick in any other sims and I really want to play this game lol :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Ive settled for 30.
    Barely any stiff camera world bumpiness and some car body roll without the awful wallowing up and down. Anything above 50 and the world shaking is off putting for me in VR. Anything in the 20s or lower and the car wallows up and down on inclines like a boat at sea making me queezy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Even with World movement set at 100, open wheel cars camera (not chassis), bounces like a young rabbit on a hot female!

There must be a setting that is incorrect behind the scene, indeed PC2 didn't have this problem..

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Yep. Give us the option to turn world movement off. Completely.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

I use World Movement at 25 and it's pretty comfortable, nothing too bumpy, and I play VR and 2D.

13. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

8.7 beta and still getting sick.Would really like to play this game I bought in March for more than a few minutes. Haven't been able to do a race or anything.

14. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Mmmm, didn't receive yet the Beta V0.8.7, hope it will be there for "standard" people soon! o_O

15. VFX Pro

Set World Movement to 50 and disable any other camera movement (g-force, camera shaking, etc...). Currently the movement on open wheel cars is too much (even on a monitor) where other cars, it's acceptable...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  16. VFX Pro

Refresh you steam downloads... it's there now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rexxyboy

Rexxyboy New Member

I feel a touch of nausea on track just with triples!! I have World movement on 100, because that setting seems to stabilize movement, seems inversely labelled but thats already been discussed here

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jason Schofield

Jason Schofield New Member

I just set mine to 80WM and 20Gforce in my Rift S and it is great. It was at default before.

19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I only get motion sickness in superfast cars like Fultimate. It shakes so crazy. haha. I am using 100wm and 0 the rest

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Darcy Parkinson

Darcy Parkinson New Member

I have this same issue with world movement set to 75-100 and G-force effect off. When I'm in a very rigid car like any fast open wheeler the world bounces so much its kind of ridiculous lol. There is so much bounce I could see how someone would get sick

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1