1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

FFB is pretty damn good!!!

in case any SC1 users liked the previous FFB: my OLD DEFAULT settings were 45/25/25, now with .8.7 build and NEW DEFAULT I am on 62/25/50 with an sc1/20nm. Nice to have the "old default feeling back" :) :)

2. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Gringo Thanks again for such valuable feedback! I was enjoying the New Default profile as the new beta launched, installed that and oh man, it's even better with the ability to feel the longitudinal weight transfer under braking and tire scrub effects really stand out now. Your T500 settings do transfer over to the T300 really well now that the engine vibration isn't an annoyance any longer. About the only thing different that I found was the Gain of 85-95 seems to be overall just be a bit too high for the T300. I put in hours of testing today with the new beta and 75-85 (depending on the car)/25/50 seems to be the sweet spot for the T300 right now.

It didn't take Reiza too long at all to get us swapping over to that New Default after all! :cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Curious.. As we can not save controller profiles for various wheels, I make a copy of file default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav and rename it default.controllersettings.v1.03 - GT Rim.sav and default.controllersettings.v1.03 - V2 Rim.sav and depending on which wheel rim I am using I then rename it back to default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav before I start AMS2.

Q: Does the default.controllersettings.v1.03 file have the new default ffb script written in or is it only for button mapping..?
    Why I am asking is should I start from scratch every time there is an update to the ffb..? I would hate to take default.controllersettings.v1.03 - V2 Rim.sav and rename it to default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav before I start AMS2 and loose any new ffb updates as these files were created on the previous version 0.8.4.

4. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

I've been reading all these posts with great interest. Thanks for all the input on FFB for all types of wheels.
    Does anyone think we might need some sub forums for Logitech, Thrustmaster, and DD wheels so we don't get lost looking for a post about a T300, or a Logitech G29, or some other DD wheel?
    While I'm asking, is there some place where people are posting setups for cars and tracks?

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. t00t

t00t New Member

Feedback on the FFB (0.8.7.1) using a Thrustmaster T300:

I really enjoy the Old Default profile with the following settings:
    - Gain: 90
    - Low Force: 0
    - FX: 0
    (95% Strength in Thrustmaster Control Panel)

For me, the Old Default profile provides much more dynamic range and the strength curve feels as though it communicates the car handling very clearly and consistently.

I have also spent a few hours with the New Default profile, which feels a lot more 'smoothed out'.
    On my setup, New Default feels less dynamic than the Old Default and it's harder to feel the 'edge'.
    The 'top end' / stronger forces peak with less power on New Default when compared to Old Default, which means wheels without a lot of headroom in the power department become a little handicapped. Feedback feels slower, weaker and less precise.

My suggestion would be to keep a version or iteration of Old Default in the final game, as well as New Default.

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

They will not keep "Old Default". All improvement they made recently went to "New Default" and I can't get back to the old one. I never had a better FFB with AMS2 than currently. It's top notch IMHO. I'm surprised you have LFB and FX to 0, you're missing lot of stuffs here. Did you try something like 80 (or 90 for your wheel), LFB 30/35, FX 45/50? I can feel all the road, all car behavior, etc. it's amazing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

As an improvement they could make internal adjustments to the values based on wheel brand/wheel type.
    So across different wheel bases, the ffb values would correspond to some higher degree.

Maybe also allow just a little more play towards more extreme settings as well as additional single dimension sliders would allow people to get back some of the "old default" in the new scheme.
    With the current "new default" some values do seem toned down compared to old and also its just weird to have multiple effects in the same slider, which is the case now.

But I agree the current ffb is amazing in itself!

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. t00t

t00t New Member

The point is that you feel as though New Default with your settings is better for you. I feel that Old Default with my settings is better for me. That's why it would be good if Reiza have different profiles for different tastes.

LFB and FX aren't helping me feel the car unfortunately, just more rumbling coming through and less dynamic range.

I agree with your idea.

9. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I checked my CPU usage and as far I can see it is already using all 12 cores.
    CPU AMS2.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

If you disable the engine vibrations in the New Default profile, that rumble disappears and you can then feel all the subtle effects you're missing by having FX set to 0. You can do the same with Old Default too, if you insist on sticking with it.

11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Please, sorry for being late to the party but...how?

12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

You can edit the custom FFB file in My Docs/Automobilista 2. Or you can download this mod which already makes the necessary changes, and includes both New Default and Old Default versions. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

14. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

thanks mate really appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  15. t00t

t00t New Member

Nice, will give this a try. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

Please Reiza, get rid of all those horrible pC2 remnants ffb wise. No one needs all this LFB and FX stuff! Get a decent FFB dialed in out of the box! Pure physics driven, so no one can mess it up changing values for days.
    Kunos did it, so can you!
    Spare us the pita, please.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry but i can decide for myself if i want all this LFB and FX stuff.
    Besides LFB and FX has nothing to do with PC2, PC2 didn't have LFB and FX in PC2 was something completely different.
    Looks like you don't have any clue what you are talking about.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

...and I just put you off the ignore list, my mistake...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I, too, was super disappointed with the "new default"

To be totally honest, I still prefer the "old default"....
    ...but I spoke to some members and I was able to dial the feeling pretty close on the "new default" by adjusting GAIN up by about 30% , keeping LFB the same, and doubling my FX figure.

20. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you should try to explain to me why i was wrong in your eyes instead of this childish behavior. The reason why we are here is to communicate with each other in a grown up way. We all have different opinions and there's nothing wrong with that.