Soft lock/Lock stop issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Serban Buzduga, Apr 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Serban Buzduga

Serban Buzduga New Member

My ts-pc racer has barely any soft lock ,it's just a numb feeling .Can I change it in the files ?
    Thx in advance

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

I don't have any Soft Lock at all with my T500RS, with all default settings in TM Control Panel, and I see lot of other TM users having the same problem (E.g. on Steam). Work fine with other sims so I guess it will be sorted in AMS2...

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

The soft lock is there but you just can't feel it. When stationary, have the FFB metre enabled and turn your wheel all the way round in a car with a low lock. You'll see a constant force being applied when you go past it's lock, but you'll barely feel this force actually being applied. When driving it's impossible to detect at all, especially given that most other forces are far stronger.

There are stop lock settings in the ffb_custom_settings file but changing them seems to do absolutely nothing whatsoever. I don't know why this sim doesn't just use your wheel's own stop lock method like most others do, but apparently it was also an issue in PCars 2. (Not personal experience, just what I've found in my FFB research recently.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Well, either the settings under #lock_stops in the custom FFB file do something other than what their name suggests, or they are being completely ignored. I removed them entirely and the weak, undetectable soft lock was still there. Perhaps they're suspension bump stop settings instead?

5. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Try this, I've fixed lock stops (for me anyway) and boosted the output slightly, so you may need to turn down the gain a bit.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Lol... I've spend all weekend trawling PCars 2 forums looking for info on how the custom files work, finally figured out a solution for this, came here in triumph to tell everyone about it... and find somebody got their first. Typical! :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

LOL sorry mate. Although what I did was a bit trial and error solution and I had some weird instances when it didn't work for no reason. Would be interested to see what you came up with!

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

It's literally almost the same as yours except I've used steering_pos instead of wheel_dir. Great minds think (almost) alike, eh? :D

Edit: I've switched to your method now, as with mine there seemed to be a slight ramping up of force instead of it being near-instant like yours. No idea why.

Last edited: May 4, 2020