I hope Automobilista1 dont die after AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Daniel Escudero, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

I hope modders continue creating content for this great sim that should have had way more success than obtained...

Lets see if there is a way to make this jewel not to die...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Eventually AMS 1 will die. That's the circle of life. Don't know how long it will take. If people playing it's still alive. Just barely.

AMS 1 will always be within our hearts.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS1 will not die.
    Multiplayer isn't filled that much, anyway, but its good AI, physics and versatility make it immortal.
    The only major quirk i have with it is, that i have to press the mode button once in the game on my CSL or start it with wheel switched off, to get full FPS and better FFB, no clue, why this is happening.
    On Oulton with the Boxer cup in practice, for example, i have around 160 FPS, less detailed FFB and very choppy image (because frametimes are off) until i do this procedure and then i get 280-360 FPS with amazingly detailed FFB and silky smooth rendering.
    This is a Fanatec related issue, i think, because my G27 doesn't show this behaviour. Their drivers and FW are a big pile of sh....I freakin' love AMS1!

AMS2 would've to show me, that it delivers the same fidelity and feel, that i get from AMS1 and right now, this isn't the case by far. AMS2 is already a good game, but not close to what AMS1 gives me, yet. This will take a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS is like wine. It needs to mature. AMS 1 also took 4 years to be finalized. <3 When I go into AMS 1 I miss some of the great feedback we have in AMS 2. Ahh well. <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Well it supports mods, so as the official support has ended the community can keep it alive with mod content as they have done since AMS was released.

If modding communities move on then i suppose then it may "die" but as long as anyone can install it and play it will always be around until a Windows OS arrives that simply doesn't allow really old game engines to function

TLDR: games never die if you can play therm any time you desire.

PS Patrik Giranthon made AMS even more awesome with his amazing track content. Cheers fella you're awesome.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Raven_ARG

Raven_ARG Member

Honestly, I bought AMS2 first , and then I bought AMS1 the next week in april 24th all this year. Never played any of both before, only played other sims, specially rF1 and 2.

I think AMS1 is a real jewel. The AI is great, the custom season tool is unique, the sounds really amazed me, the graphics are very good and inmersive despite the years (sometimes looks better than rF2), FFB is very precise (even on my DFP works well) and the physics too.

Actually I am playing more AMS1 in a custom season offline than AMS2, which I only play multiplayer and testing cars/tracks sometimes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS1 was dead on release, in the beta time there was lots of racing going on. After release it died real soon, Races where locked in (I presume) league servers, or unplayable because of the mods.
    It was like people liked the engine but not the game and filled the engine with their own content, and used it for their league races.

9. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You may say that, yet I bet people are still playing it years from now like they do Grand Prix 4.
    Will any sims in the future be moddable? Of the moddable sims at the moment, which is the best all round sim? I would choose AMS over AC and rF2 any day of the week, the latter is a pig to mod for and the goalposts keep getting moved, and it looks the worst of the three IMO, and with AC the AI is poor and the physics/FFB not up to par with AMS. If VR had found its way into AMS, it would be a lot more futureproof, but as we know that didnĀ“t happen - a shame...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

People are still playing GPL.

People are still playing Donkey Kong! ;)

11. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I still play Nascar 2003 - it was one of those games that I knew was special at release but has stood the test of time incredibly well - it's still awesome with brilliant physics, excellent racing against the AI, superb crashes, brilliant replay system. Even the gfx still look pretty decent (particularly using updated settings).

AMS1 has that same special feeling and same important ingredients that will ensure it stands the test of time (excellent driving feel, physics and AI, and custom championships). I can see myself playing this in 10+ years, assuming it's still playable in future operating systems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ohyeah2389

ohyeah2389 It's The Little Things

GTR2 isn't dead, or at least I'd like to think it isn't.

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

ACC has not marked the death of AC, actually AC just reached a few days back an all time peak in attendance.
    It is in the hands of the community to keep AMS going.
    When a game is at the end of the dev support and it is "modable", then it might be an opportunity to work harder then ever in adding what ever is missing from the game without fear that the devs would change something the ruins the modding efforts of the community.
    AMS2 is great but you can only have what the Devs put in it, AMS has no limits, now more than ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS will never die! and so will GPL, GTR2, Race 07, RFactor never die either.
    From time to time some gems see the light, and AMS is one of them.

15. rfactor-canarias

rfactor-canarias RFC Discord: https://discord.gg/s2sJZmQ

Good...

I have contacted other sim communities that have been running online with AMS since 2016, and they have told me that they are having the same problem as us.

The problem is the following:

We have been slow for several weeks with the multiplayer tab, even very slow when changing the session within the servers ... Even small failures that in the past did not occur.

We are several communities with championships currently with AMS1 and we need a solution to this serious problem as soon as possible.

To what is due?

Why is this happening lately?

Please we want a solution now, because we are having complaints from the pilots ...

Regards

• Like Like x 1
  16. rfactor-canarias

rfactor-canarias RFC Discord: https://discord.gg/s2sJZmQ

Hello
    Unfortunately, this sim did not have much more development, that is, Reiza abandoned it prematurely ...
    All F1 circuits should have been completed and it was not done.
    The dynamic climate also dried up along the way.
    You should also have created more Rally and Rally Cross content ...
    There are things that we were promised to develop, but they stayed on the road.
    I honestly think we should keep working on it, gentlemen, let's keep developing this amazing sim further.
    Thank you very much to all who worked and still work on it, please do not abandon this sim, let's continue working on it.
    bye

• Like Like x 1
  17. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

I really wish someone could figure out how to get the dynamic track to work in mod tracks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1