1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera too bumpy

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Apr 4, 2020.

1. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried high values and low values. Been happy with 50 WM and 0 G-force.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Just to check the obvious, do you guys have High Speed Shake set to off?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it just should switch back to default camera. 75WM/25Force, wasn't it?

4. Wheelzpin

Wheelzpin New Member

I haven't gotten motion sick, but all the bouncing hurts my eyes after a short while. Unfortunately, I don't have the option of adjusting anything. Both World Movement and G-Force are at zero and greyed out for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Something like that. That works the best for now.
    I still want to see an option to remove the shaking completely.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. blanes

blanes Member

Also now struggling with this in VR a little. PC2 definitely did not have this issue. I only use World Movement and g-Forces at Zero, anything higher and I am hurling my guts up pretty quickly.

However I suspect this to be a bug in the Camera High Speed Shake setting because whether set to Off or On makes no difference and it does look like it is an effect simulationg a Camera shaking crazily. I notice it worst in the Classic Formula cars on the bumpier tracks.

So it may indeed be a simple fix and likely easily overlooked by the devs in the midst of so many other things they are working on ... maybe !?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

Good find!

• Like Like x 1
  8. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes.

9. Wilson Santos

Wilson Santos Member

I usually have a bit but just turning movement down helps
    Not in VR though

10. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

In VR try setting world movement to 50. That way the world shakes a bit and the cockpit shakes a bit. For me it seems the most realistic and going too far either way from that either makes the track or the cockpit shake too much. I'd say 50 is the most neutral setting. 0 can still cause motion sickness as the car bounces all over the place. 100 makes the track bounce all over the place. I say 50 but anything between 45 - 55 is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't see how this is physically possible without removing bumps from the track. Either the world moves or the cockpit moves or a combination of both, but you can't eliminate the movement. Which sims have you driven which do eliminate the movement? Every sim I've ever had has this movement. I must tune most of this stuff out - I typically leave sims on their default camera settings - but because of the fuss it seems to have generated for AMS2, I was watching ACs camera movement while watching a GamerMuscle stream last night. Never noticed it before, but AC has a similar lock to horizon feature to AMS2. As the car goes downhill you see less dash and as the car goes uphill you see more dash.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

I don't see this mentioned so it maybe worth noting that if you are not using cockpit view then the camera wm settings do not work. The camera is fixed to the car and the world always shakes. If you are having this problem try moving to a cockpit view instead.

For cockpit view I have WM on 30 which for me gives a good balance between car shake and world shake. G-force doesn't seem to have an effect on VR so I just leave it at 15.

As @David Wright noted, you can't have no car movement and no world movement when the car body is part of the simulation. In very old driving games the car interior wasn't a model in the physics world it was just an overlay on the screen so you could have no car or world movement, but in most recent sims the car is an integral part of the physics simulation.

13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Completely set to zero I can understand that this is not possible. But in Pcars you can reduce it to an absolute minimum, something which can’t be done in AMS2 despite the same game engine.

• Like Like x 2
  14. blanes

blanes Member

Pretty sure now that Camera High Speed Shake on / off button does not work. Try it in pC2 on and off and you see the difference. Racing cockpit view (always) in VR.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

Version 0.9.0.0 Beta

Open-wheel cars are still undriveable. Tin-tops are not much better. Why is there soooo much shaking :(

While everyone else is dialing in their FFB and hot lapping and enjoying this game, I can't play for more than a few minutes and every Thursday I wait for the new beta build to see if I can finally play.

I really don't want to be a jerk about this but in 10+ years of sim racing I have never ever had motion sickness from a sim. I just want to play.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I early on settled on the same settings as you, @NuScorpii, but like @buddhatree I am not happy. I want the old AMS (1) system back. It was based on a different philosophy (explained elsewhere on the forum), so I do not believe any amount of slider fiddling in the existing system will ever get there.

Or, if it's the High Speed Shake that is stuck "ON," for the love of Buddha, fix it! ;) I rather doubt this, because the shaking at low speeds in stiff cars on bumpy tracks is still too severe.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  17. subzero

subzero New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm playing on a single screen and the shaking is really starting to bug me. Changing any number of the camera settings is not doing much to relieve the problem -- the shaking was not nearly as bad in AMS1 and is not nearly as severe in any other sim. Devs please fix!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to let you guys know, the movement from AMS1 will be brought to AMS2. It isn't on the immediate schedule, but be sure it will improve.

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the movement we have currently, have it on 50WM with all the others on 20. Works great. If you guys can make it even better, bring it on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

I said "Like" but I'm happy with my WM at 25 right now mainly using VR. If you make it more user friendly for other racers it will be good too :)