1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Strange, for me adding FXAA and MFAA only add 2% GPU utilisation on top of MSAA low. But image quality seems closer to MSAA high. MFAA should be essentially free as it just changes the sample pattern and FXAA is very quick so not sure why you were getting 11% increase.

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

I could have missed something with my MSAA tests (like the flip between 90 to 45fps I had), I'll redo all tests tomorrow more seriously as the image was really nicer with your settings...

• Like Like x 1
  3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What tools? Please share... AMS2 is a little soft to me on HP Reverb compared to iRacing...

4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you feel your VR image a little soft (not as sharp as iRacing) simply change the following value to 0.6 in the graphicsconfigopenvrdx11 (I'm using HP Reverb)

<prop name="SharpeningStrength" sharpeningstrength="0.600000" />

5. Frank Alexandre

Frank Alexandre Member AMS2 Club Member

Please ignore, problem is solved moving pov position.

6. Donato

Donato Member

[QUOTE = "VFX Pro, post: 70714, membro: 3307"] Se ritieni che l'immagine VR sia un po 'morbida (non così nitida come iRacing), modifica semplicemente il seguente valore su 0,6 in graphicconfigopenvrdx11 (sto usando HP Reverb)

<nome prop = " SharpeningStrength " sharpeningstrength = " 0.600000 " /> [/ QUOTE]

I had to set it to "1.990000" /> to get something good, now I try as you say ..

7. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

I have mine set to 1.5. When it is set too high you can get artifacts happening such as halos around text on the dashboard. Very visible on LCD speedos.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trigen

Trigen New Member

The game really needs proper support for Pimax HMD's using parallel projections is a big performance hit. It works fine without in the menu's but not when driving so hopefully this can be fixed soon. Until then sadly its a no go

• Like Like x 3
  9. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I had a fiddle with supersampling in game vs supersampling in Steam VR today. Restarted the game after each change to make sure that changes were implemented. Used the rev counter in Caterham Superlight as indication of near image sharpness. Strangely I saw very little improvement, if any, between 1.0 and 2.0 in game SS - with Steam VR at 100% the numeral on rev counter were a bit soft. However Steam VR SS makes a huge difference - 150% and everything is pin sharp - even with in game SS at 1.0.

Does in game SS not work with Steam VR; is it for Oculus? This wasn't what I expected to happen. Tested on Valve Index.

10. keem85

keem85 New Member

Hi guys! Hi @Heitor Facuri Cicoti I'm sure this has been suggested already, but we should have the option to remove the driver body without removing the virtual rim.. It's totally ok to have the virtual driver there when we are driving F1 type cars with paddle-shifter rims, but for those older cars where we need to "let go" of the physical rim in order to shift, it gets annoying/disorienting/nauseating.. the driver arm/hand animations are very distracting when not holding 1:1.. I made numerous posts about it in the pc2 forums in the early days, but they never implemented it. It should be optional :) I hope you guys take note, I know other people feeling the same way.

No ingame SS doesn't work at the moment. It's better to add it to SteamVR anyways, because it's usually less performance hit when you do it that way

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I generally prefer to have the driver visible for immersion, but there are definitely situations where it isn't wanted. As well as the one you mentioned, sometimes I also just want my view to be shifted slightly, which can end up with it clipping through the neck or body.

It would be a particularly helpful option right now given the rather funky driver positions/animations in some cars. :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there anyway to remove the curb reflections coming through and onto the steering wheel? I noticed this yesterday whilst racing around Spielberg/A1 Ring, coming out of the first corner I noticed it, the red and white alternates as you go over the rumblestrip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. blanes

blanes Member

@keem85 Can you please link where it was told that in game SS is not working ? Thanks ☺

Using Rift S it looks to work but not as strong as when applied via the Oculus Tool. Strange as it worked fine in pC2.

14. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, I am not happy with VR performance in general with racing simulators.
    Although I upgraded to a RTX 2080 S , I was expecting better performance but it is not the case.
    Regarding my testing, I did try AMS2 2 or 3 patches ago and never played since then.
    I wonder if performance has got worse with all updates.
    I can share my settings if interested.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Strange. I get the best VR-experience with AMS2. Ultra graphics with fluid 90 FPS on my Rift! Can't achieve this in Assetto Corsa Competizione for example (only low graphics with 45 FPS only).
    Important in AMS2 for good picture quality is the ini-file tweak to crank up sharpness and leave Supersampling at 100% in game.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Mario Moretti

Mario Moretti Member AMS2 Club Member

"Whit my Rift" this explain all!!
    If i use my 640x480 monitor my fps will be super fast.
    Assetto Corsa Competizione in VR is unplayable.
    All my considerations are based from my Vr Experience in Iracing and AC.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

I stopped playing old gen sims in my low resolution Rift. They were quick, but image quality can't beat nextgen ones like AMS2. Pretty cool with the few pixels I have in front of my eyes, it's fun ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Madonion

Madonion Member

Go into my documents and open up automobilista 2 folder then select graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml
    Change name prop = " SharpeningStrength " sharpeningstrength = " 0.600000 " />
    to name prop = " SharpeningStrength " sharpeningstrength = " 2.900000 " />

Let me know how clear it got for you? my rift s is a new device thats how great it worked for me.

• Like Like x 2
  19. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Thanks @Madonion I already use this trick from nearly day one as I knew it from PC2 :) It's a VR game changer for sure and I hope Devs will make it more visible for VR player as it bring so much clarity without costing fps. My previous post was kind of sarcastic regarding the comparison with a 640x480 2D monitor ;) I'm really happy with my Rift, and will get a Rift S probably soon :)

20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I recently bought a reverb after selling my odyssey+ and have to say it's an excellent upgrade.
    I was running 200% ss to get a decent image which of course hurt the frame rate, but with the reverb at 100% it looks amazing and runs a lot better.
    Way more comfy than the o as well.
    Just a heads up if anyone's thinking of getting one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1