Help setting a dedicated server (host remoting not in my pc)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Vitor Costa, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Vitor Costa

Vitor Costa New Member

Sorry guys if this is covered already. I`ve looked for quite long in the forum but I couldn`t find any help.

Thks to REIZA finally we could manage to install Steam Dedicated Server on our communitty Steam Account. Appreciated again. We there have several games running in our championships (AC, R3R, etc) and always manage to get it working without problems.

I`m trying to get AMS dedicated working but it doesn`t appears in the Steam/Servers list. I already open the many UDP/TCP ports show in many posts in the server firewall but I can`t see the server in the list.

Is there any trick I should know? I`m doing anything wrong?

We would love to host races like we do in other sims but we need to be show in the Steam list.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Vitor,

AMS has 4 ports on the Multiplayer.ini file that needs to be forwarded on the router and opened on Windows Firewall.
    Check if you did for all off them, since two are specifically for the connection to steam hosts.
    Another test you can make to check if the server is properly running is to grab the servers IP and use it to try to connect directly inside the game ( plus "+" on the Multiplayer tab of the game).

3. Vitor Costa

Vitor Costa New Member

Thks for your help Erick. Although it`s not showed on Steam/Servers, I put the IP inside the game and it`s there and I managed to get in. Is this a viable solution for our members to get in the server for a race? Not on the servers list on steam but with the IP? Can we use it until Reiza manage to get the lobby in the game working?

But I must investigate more why it`s not showed in the steam server list.

4. Erick Goldner

Yes, it's solid solution if you cant figure it out what's causing the issue with your settings.
    Just to point it out that if you can connect to the server directly through the IP, it means its running fine, but the ports required to show on steam list of servers are not open or reachable.

Oh, another possible cause for this is the "pause while zero players" parameter in the multiplayer.ini file.
    If you changed to 1, it wont show on the list, no matter what.

5. Vitor Costa

Vitor Costa New Member

Thks for your help again Erick. It doesn`t show in the steam list however. We have to manage by the IP...

6. Jempy

Jempy Member AMS2 Club Member

I started a AMS server on our league remote server ... after opening all necessary ports mentioned in the multiplayer.ini file ... and the result was the same as Vitor Costa.

Using the server IP in game allows to show it and a connection to the server, ... so it's well running but also not visible in Steam list of servers.

Maybe we have to open another port to make it possible ? ... but which one not mentioned in the multiplayer.ini ?

NB Thanks of course for your answer at my request at RD, Renato. ;)

7. Erick Goldner

I´ve noticed by using cports (port analyser app) that there's another port that is currently being used and increments as well if you open more than 1 server on the same machine:
    Port: 34747 (TCP Protocol).

Try to open/forward this one as well, although i don't think it will make much difference to be listed on Steam list.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jempy

Thanks Erick ... I'll try this in ( my ) evening. :D

NB: true we had an AC server running at the same time, but not using the same ports of course when I did test the 1st time.

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Had same issue in EEC. After opening the ports you just have to check Race Cast too, it solved the problem for us

10. Erick Goldner

Race cast ?

11. Jempy

What do you mean exactly by " check Race Cast " please, Will ?
    Check for what and where ? .... sorry to ask that but really no idea of what it is :(

12. Jempy

Meanwhile, I understood now what he meant:
    the option on the server settings...

Sorry Will I also tried it with no success yet ... but didn't try Erick's trick by opening the port he meant... no time for the moment.

Thanks anyway ;)

EDIT:
    For port 34747 TCP .... it's already opened on the remote server as I already saw on a Steam question that this port might bring the solution to the problem ....
    So ... no luck either, Erick :(

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  13. Vitor Costa

Vitor Costa New Member

The problem remains here. About the RaceCast, it`s this I think: "RaceCast Auto Login="1" I`ve tryed with 1 and 0 and no luck on the steam servers and now on the multiplayer lobby also in the game.

Maybe someone who was servers running can tell us a solution? It`s strange because our servers are on lobby on AC, RaceRoom, etc.

14. Erick Goldner

All of our 6 servers (from 2 different machines) are running and showing just fine on Steam List and Ingame (just checked).

I really don't see anyother option if not the ports!

You should try to make some tests and block all ports to see if you can still conect to the server.

15. Jempy

There's surely something we're doing wrong ... but what ? :confused:

It's a fact I never launched servers for Rfactor or RF2 ... and Automobilista uses the same kind of manoeuvres ( Our league was mostly Simbin's sims before AC ).
    So ... that's maybe the reason why we are doing something uncomplete or wrong.

Which choice to make for a remote server ? ...LAN or ... Custom ?
    Are there important changes to make in the multiplayer.ini for launching a dedicated server on a remote server host ?
    These are maybe important questions ... in order to have all elements right for a real success in displaying our servers on the list. ;)

16. Will Mazeo

In EEC we keep it set to "LAN"
    After latest patch I had to uncheck "Race Cast" to have the server appearing in Steam matchmaking

17. Erick Goldner

You´re opening the server directly from the game?
    Not from the executable tool?

18. Will Mazeo

Dedi server tool in remote desktop server
    It looks like the server appear in matchmaking whenever it wants or it is not showing more than one server from same ip in matchmaking, idk, it's strange, tried to open a second instance and it is not appearing

19. Vitor Costa

Vitor Costa New Member

And you`re lucky man because I still can`t see one server :) I`ll keep trying.

20. Vitor Costa

Vitor Costa New Member

Can you send me by PM your multiplayer.ini file to check with mine to see where`s the problem?