1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Try not to guess attitudes based on text on a forum. If it works for you that's good, but it doesn't work for me or various others. No attitude involved.

Your headset may well be the difference, as a lot of people who have this issue seem to be on Oculus. Also, if your monitor's native resolution is already very high and close to the res of your headset, then you won't be affected by the issue, Oculus or not.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

Anybody here tried Vr with a Psvr an ivry?
    If so how does it behaves?

3. Madonion

Madonion Member

aa off (2).jpg ss on (2).jpg
    As you can see if in non VR the "top pic" SS is enabled and i have no jaggies and game looks beautifull. Then "bottom pic" is booting up in VR and that option dissapears and i only have MSAA available.

Yea i only run my game on 1 as i made a bigger difference changing the sharpness in the.txt file than trying to run the game at 1.5 under vr settings, as it slowed my pc down and don't make a big enough clarity impact in my opinion. My sharpness is set to 2.9 in my documents/automobilista 2/graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Which is because, as @NuScorpii said, you are in the wrong menu. SS for VR is not set in the Performance options, it's set in the VR options. However, by all accounts the setting doesn't actually do anything right now so you'll have to set SS outside of the game.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

VR01.png

VR02.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Madonion

Madonion Member

Ah no wonder i didn't see anything change in VR. Shot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate, I would lower your settings in the performance menu and go medium on MSAA with Trilinear.
    Shadows are not working well, so you can run that and track detail at low to save some fps then have the rest of your options as they are in the pic.
    Granted also you go back to my documents/automobilista 2/graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml and work your way up again.

A good balance with medium MSAA is the secret for me in VR, anything less and the image looks terrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Madonion

Madonion Member

Hey Santos,

i do run medium MSAA, but just showed the pics with it on low because that was the only way i could enable SS to ON in non VR mode haha. Will be stoked when all works perfect then i shall mess with the games visuals more but it sure does look good in VR. Thanks.

9. F.Santos

Ops!:D:D:p

10. F.Santos

@Goffik I couldn't make the HUD options work, I think its just cos I didn't understand how to change the resolution to match my Rift S properly. But I came across your Race Department thing to push the elements away from the drivers face, do you reckon it would work in this build 9.2?

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Yep, that tweak still works just fine. :)

What graphics card do you have? Perhaps we can help you get a custom res set so you can edit your HUD properly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Using the workaround to increase resolution to then be able to move HUD elements, works at a basic level. Bear in mind though, that because most of the elements somehow have their window and grab points assigned to two different vertical planes :rolleyes:, they only really align, when at the top left of the screen.
    The further away you veer from that top-left corner, the more separate the the items(element & their grab points) are separated.
    For me, this means I cannot put the track map to the furthermost bottom-right corner.

13. F.Santos

GTX1080 gigabyte, it should be at the bottom on my comments here.Thanks!

14. F.Santos

Sorry to be a pain mate, but I got two questions about the HUD if you don't mind:), can I reduce the size of the elements? Could I possibly reduce it individually?
    The lap time on the left is perfect and big, but the position/lap one and speed on the right now that they are further out I could use them in their default size.

Either way they look much better now, thanks!

15. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries New Member

Hi everyone!

Is there anyone here with a Valve Index that can recommend graphic settings in-game, nvidia cp, and for steamVR?

I got it looking decent but i think i can push it further. Specs are for a 9900KS, 32gb@4000, 2080Ti.

16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

That's strange, because I can. Mine is right in the bottom-right corner.

I don't have forum signatures visible. :) Ok, so to create a custom res you need to open nVidia Control Panel. Go to "Change Resolution" in the menu on the left. There will be a box listing the resolutions your monitor supports, and below that a button labelled "Customise". Click that, and then click the "Create Custom Resolution" button.

Now just enter the resolution of your VR headset into the boxes. In my case that's 2560x21440 for a Rift S. Once you've done that, save the changes and the new resolution should now appear in the list of available resolutions. Select it and click Apply! It'll probably look crap because your monitor isn't meant to display in that res, but don't worry. It's only temporary while you edit your HUD.

You may also have to set the resolution manually in My Documents\Automobilista 2\graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml in order to get the game to recognise the new res.

Unfortunately not. :( We can move and resize the whole HUD, but not the individual widgets.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. F.Santos

Holy cow mate, what a struggle to make it work! But it did work in the end :) Then stumble upon the other issue, the bloody size of the area of the actual HUD to spread the elements around:D:D:D.
    Thank you so much!!! Really thought that it was impossible to do it, and considering how "easy" it was I gotta say, you are a genius!!!:cool::D Thanks again @Goffik really appreciate your help.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

You're welcome mate, glad you got it sorted. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rasmus Juel Andersen

Rasmus Juel Andersen New Member

I would like to know this as well :)

20. museumsteve

museumsteve New Member AMS2 Club Member

..and me. Got my Index last week, love the decent FOV but struggling to find a good balance.