1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock Car V8 terrible to drive after update?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Madonion, May 17, 2020.

1. Madonion

Madonion Member

Hey Guys.

Here is an interesting one, i cannot drive the stock car v8 anymore xD. I literally can't keep it strait or drive it around 2 corners before i spun out. i was always very competitive in this car and now 0.o
    Never use to be like this?
    i always thought the super v8 was abit more of a handfull and yet i can still race with that car never mind trying to keep it on the track. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If I am right the V8's are really difficult cars in real life. You only have to throttle a bit and it goes say: 'Bye' At last that's what @Remco Majoor wrote in a topic somewhere.

3. Madonion

Madonion Member

The super v8 was always a little more edgy than the stock car v8 but i could race with both and it was a super fun car. i found them perfect to drive but now....To put this into perspective i can race the old formula vintage g1m1 with turbo kicking in and i can race with them.

Pulling away in the stock car v8 my car can spin in gears 1 to 3? Even if i drive away slowly while AI pulls off i try keep the car on the road but i simply cannot anymore. i cant get past a second turn on a track haha wtf.

4. Madonion

Madonion Member

EDIT: i fixed it, went into advanced tune and clicked restore to defaults like 4 times... No idea which setting made it spin out like this though..Anyway loving the super V8's again :D.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor TCLF AMS2 Club Member

yea, it was a thing I had at adelaide. Where at a point it felt like the rears just became plastic instead of rubber and no matter what you do it just spins, even though the drift angle is very small

6. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

In the release notes for this update it says to reset all car setups to defaults or delete the AMS2 Documents folder too make sure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sevach82

Sevach82 New Member

Giving it some toe at the rear made the V8 worlds better for me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I would delete the entire settings folder after every update, as you won't get the full effect otherwise, in fact a lot of the cars can be even quicker in the new default setting/ffb by up to 1 sec a lap.
    Just because it feels so much better to drive/more grip etc..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Madonion

Madonion Member

ah thankyou, i think it might have been a bug as i fiddled with tire pressure on my F1 V12 car and wanted to see how it drives on the flattest tires but did not think that would come over to my Stock car xD. Figured it would just go default setup as i did not save the setup.

All good now. Check my on those leaderboards soon :D.

10. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just took the car to Montreal. It seems a bit more docile and stable than I remember. Admittedly I haven't driven it for a few updates.

11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I applied 0.02 toe an lower rear ABS one notch. Boom. Oversteer solved :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

EDIT: Statement retracted. That car still bedevils me!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. hoss2852

hoss2852 New Member

I just had a 10 lap race with the Super V8,s at Classic Imola 1972 . Only finished 12 out of 22 but it was brilliant. The ffb as you turn left at the top of the hill is brilliant as you feel the car go light.Im still crap at racing these things but it feels good :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Madonion

Madonion Member

i do love racing the Super V8's, just did a Adelaide race, was intense :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This thread prompted me to try the StockCar V8 at Curitiba. Taking a stab in the dark - absent of advice from Reiza with regard to the latest updates - I chose 90/80/80. (High, I know. The DFGT wheel is an outlier. I will probably lower these values when the dust settles. The FFB meter did not reveal any clipping.)

On the default setup, snap oversteer made the StockCar nigh undriveable. But two clicks off the rear ARB and a brake balance adjustment solved that problem unless I got careless with the throttle.

And then fun ensued. One ten-lap race and then another, which culminated in an overtake for the win on the inside of the last corner. P2P was my friend in the dash for the line. :whistle:

Although the FFB is different from AMS1, not quite having that sim's lightness of touch, it communicated enough info to let me try things and recover from mistakes. I felt more from the rear tyres than I do in AMS1 - a big plus. Braking felt good (and slightly different in wet conditions, which is another good thing). It felt more solid, more controllable, than the car in AMS1.

Having said that, there are doubtless numerous adjustments of the FFB settings to come from me and Reiza - they have my permission. :D

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Angelo

Angelo New Member AMS2 Club Member

In my opinion, the Australian V8 is also very different from the V8 in AMS1.
    And different for the worse. `
    I can't tell if it is the tire, the chassis or the suspension, but it is very soft and it is as if the body throws the car all the time, causing imbalance.

If it can't be better than the AMS1 V8, be at least the same.

I'm not even going to talk about FF.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1