1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly, correct
    But pick the latest version, updated by NuScorpii where he added additional scrub from the rear wheels

Also just start from fx 50 and Lfb 50 ingame ffb settings and change from there.
    They might just work fine right away for you.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Is there also a file for the default FFB?
    The custom is sometimes a tiny bit to rough, while the default feels like chewing gum.
    I would like to compare the 2 parameter sets to do some tiny adjustments by myself.
    But the custom feels much better than the default.

3. Karsten Hvidberg

Maybe adjust the FX slider a little down and that is enough?
    And then experiment with the Lfb slider possibly too.
    Only if that is not enough then go in and edit the file. It is really simple to change the values at the top of it for specific individual changes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Karsten Hvidberg

Oh, and you get a custom ffb file that matches the new default setup simply by deleting the custom ffb file and restarting the game. Fwiw.

• Like Like x 1
  5. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Thanks mate.

6. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could I ask the experts what are the main parameters in the custom file that give feedback from kerbs? I'm happy enough with Reiza's newest 9.3 default, but copying a bit of the engine vibration and road texture from the custom file definitely improves things on the G29. The best thing from the custom file is the feeling over kerbs though, much clearer than current default. I'd love to drop in the lines from custom that signal the kerbs, because the rest of the default works well on the G29. It might not be so simple given that everything is connected, thanks in advance.

7. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This 2 scrub effect are very good they are really helpful to understand the car.
    I changed only the freq from front to 1.7 and rear to 1.3 with 1.1 at the rear it was for me little bit to much on the artificial side. This is what I like to feel when the car looses the grip. For a feedback: It seems that the grip loss scrub effect could be a little later (maybe move the knee?).

Edit: So even with 0.9.3 it wins from the new base setting implemented by Reiza I reduced only the road scale to 0.5 in a quick test. But to be honest I really don't want to loose the scrub information.
    Edit 2: File with reduced road_scale and slower scrub oscillation attached. the knee has to wait. (Original from Karsten and NuScorpii)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Please feel free to repost with those changed values. I also agree road noise is prob. better at 0.5 too.
    If time allows, also would be great if you tried moving that knee on the scrub as you suggest?

Awesome, you edited with posted file, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you create this file for the 9.3 version already? I was testing the previous version file with the 9.3 update and my wheel went crazy in Custom mode.

10. jpmmuc

I tested it with 0.9.3 and lowered the road scale to 0.5. What happened with your wheel?

11. F.Santos

I replaced the file in my docs then I entered the game and switched from Old to Custom and the wheel went nuts! Had to exit the session super fast to avoid any damage. I'm gonna give this file a try and see what happens.

12. F.Santos

Damn it, same outcome, the wheel went insane and had to get back to the menu quick. Do you have fanaleds and fanalab open @jpmmuc.

13. Karsten Hvidberg

Weird that the defaults work, but not custom.
    Maybe delete or rename the custom ffb file & see that it then creates a new on starting the game & that it then feels the same between "new default" & "custom"?

14. F.Santos

The thing is, if I go into the Beta settings and choose Custom with the original file only it rattles like crazy, this happened way before as well when I tried to find out what would happen if I went into Custom without your files in the main AMS2 EA.

Now in this beta, the same happens with or without uploading your file to the game.
    I ran an integrity check and the same happened after. Since this new build 9.3 only has newdefault (currently showing as Old on screen) and Custom, I wonder if there isn't something not quite right with the options.

I'm gonna give deleting the file a try since is the only thing I haven't tried yet, thanks, back soon...:cool:

15. F.Santos

Problem solved, early into the Betas I changed the file name on my documents and when the EA came out it generated a second folder.
    I simply uninstalled the Beta and deleted all related files, when I re-installed it, I had only one doc which recognised the EA file, and now it's all working under one document AMS2.
    I was then uploading files into a folder that was not been used, so the info from Custom was correct there was nothing there.

Thank you all for your help!

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. jpmmuc

Glad you solved it. My next tip would have been to delete the ams2 folder in documents and look where exactly the folder is recreated to be sure to use the right place and also enable the file extensions to see if there is a mismatch.

The custom file gives another feel and add some effects but strength is nearly the same as the default from Reiza so there should nothing groundbreaking happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Goofball Antics

Goofball Antics New Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried the latest file with the additional tyre scrub and man, it feels great! The only thing I wanted to do was make the wheel a little less 'weighty' (I dont know if thats the right word. I wanted to make it easier to turn). Dialing back the Gain in game, or the overall FFB on the wheel will dull everything though right? Is dampening the thing Im looking for? Im still a newbie with all the ffb setting on a DD wheel and the stuff in that file. Thank you in advance to anyone who has an opinion.

18. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

What DD have you got? Most have a friction/natural damper setting. I have that relatively high so dialing down wouldmake my DD1 super light.

19. Goofball Antics

Goofball Antics New Member AMS2 Club Member

Same as you my dude. DD1 and V3 pedals. Im using some Fanatec DD1 recommended settings I found a dev mention somewhere. I'll play with the friction and natural damper a bit.

20. jpmmuc

The weight comes mostly from the tires there is no artificial dampening. You can only lower LFB and gain.
    Most people try to disamble dampening in the driver but this only disables possible needed forces. Simple example the turn back to straight in the menu is most times realised with spring and if you disable this in the driver this will not function anymore. So as long there is no bug in game you should let all forces enabled at 100%.

Another thing are the additional features from the DD wheels like natural friction or inertia which can be lowered to your liking. I e.g. use FF at 40, Lin off, nDp at 18, nFr at 4 and Nin at 3, Int at 3 and Fei at 100. Also Force, Spring and Damper at 100. Force is not FF!

Last edited: May 22, 2020